Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-22-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
azeri98

Aqueduct turf racing.

I might be wrong but so far i haven't seen a turf race with more than 10 entries not including Ae's and Mto's. Can anyone tell me why. I know during their fall meet last year and spring meet this year they had up to 12?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 08:08 PM   #2
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I might be wrong but so far i haven't seen a turf race with more than 10 entries not including Ae's and Mto's. Can anyone tell me why. I know during their fall meet last year and spring meet this year they had up to 12?
The rails have been out 18 and 24 feet to start the meet and the courses can only accommodate up to ten horses at those settings.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 08:11 PM   #3
SBD400

How did turf go from firm an hour before post time to all of a sudden off the turf today?
SBD400 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #4
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD400 View Post
How did turf go from firm an hour before post time to all of a sudden off the turf today?
It rained.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:02 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
It rained.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:32 PM   #6
GMB@BP

Quote:
It rained.
you sure....cause it was very firm
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 07:41 AM   #7
SBD400

Meatball right down the middle, set you up perfect for that one !

My point was it went directly from firm to off with nothing in between in a very quick amount of time. You yourself even said on Talking Horses something along the lines that weather appears to have stayed north of Aqueduct. I do understand it rains, but found it odd that track was fast and firm and went to off the turf so quickly with nothing in between.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #8
the little guy

Quote:
Meatball right down the middle, set you up perfect for that one !

My point was it went directly from firm to off with nothing in between in a very quick amount of time. You yourself even said on Talking Horses something along the lines that weather appears to have stayed north of Aqueduct. I do understand it rains, but found it odd that track was fast and firm and went to off the turf so quickly with nothing in between.
Once again, it rained. The weather had stayed North, for the most part, but then more moved through. Since you were watching Talking Horses, you also heard us say we could not see what was going on outside DURING THE SHOW.

I assume you realize we don't want to take races off the turf? Right? It costs us a ton of handle. We are also racing for three months on the turf this Fall at Aqueduct, not the usual one month, so tearing the courses up at the beginning of the second week of the meet would have a significantly negative affect on the courses later in this year's elongated meet. Every decision has repercussions.

I find it interesting that the same horseplayers that are required to make intricate handicapping decisions every day, have difficulty making easier determinations on their own. Most answers are common sense.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #9
azeri98

Quote:
The rails have been out 18 and 24 feet to start the meet and the courses can only accommodate up to ten horses at those settings.
Thank you
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #10
SBD400

Quote:
Once again, it rained. The weather had stayed North, for the most part, but then more moved through. Since you were watching Talking Horses, you also heard us say we could not see what was going on outside DURING THE SHOW.

I assume you realize we don't want to take races off the turf? Right? It costs us a ton of handle. We are also racing for three months on the turf this Fall at Aqueduct, not the usual one month, so tearing the courses up at the beginning of the second week of the meet would have a significantly negative affect on the courses later in this year's elongated meet. Every decision has repercussions.

I find it interesting that the same horseplayers that are required to make intricate handicapping decisions every day, have difficulty making easier determinations on their own. Most answers are common sense.
Oh it rained, wow, never occurred to me that could have been the reason, thanks for enlightening me. At 11:24 turf was rated firm, even up until around 1:00pm was still firm. Then all of a sudden it was off the turf. Not good, not yielding, not soft. Maybe the simplest explanation is it rained, but the series of events to me invoked the question. I think not wanting to tear up the course is probably the most logical answer. If it was two weeks before end of meet they may have run on it.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #11
westernmassbob

Quote:

OMG you finally admitted to the fact that scratches and races being taken off the turf costs NYRA a ton on handle. Thanks for that…it took a while but someone got you to say it.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #12
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
OMG you finally admitted to the fact that scratches and races being taken off the turf costs NYRA a ton on handle. Thanks for that…it took a while but someone got you to say it.
This has to be an act. Nobody would be this intentionally moronic.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:57 AM   #13
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I think you're wrong.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #14
andicap

It didnt just rain. It really poured in a short period of time.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #15
elhelmete

Quote:
Oh it rained, wow, never occurred to me that could have been the reason, thanks for enlightening me. At 11:24 turf was rated firm, even up until around 1:00pm was still firm. Then all of a sudden it was off the turf. Not good, not yielding, not soft. Maybe the simplest explanation is it rained, but the series of events to me invoked the question. I think not wanting to tear up the course is probably the most logical answer. If it was two weeks before end of meet they may have run on it.
Joined in April, only posted in September 5 total all trollish/critical of NYRA.

That tracks.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: