Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #6991
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
I have had good luck at Sunray using the power #'s. Also it is one of the highest rebate tracks in the country if you are a rebate player.
I just hit the DD for the 2nd & 3rd races at Sunray Park.
I got the whole pool. $33.80.
Luckily I bet my doubles cold for $2.00.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #6992
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
I just hit the DD for the 2nd & 3rd races at Sunray Park.
I got the whole pool. $33.80.
Luckily I bet my doubles cold for $2.00.

I thought you were kidding, but you took the whole pool. Good thing you didn't bet a $20 double.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #6993
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

TRAINER MOVES TOP POWER BELMONT

Seems SunRay could conceivably end up with a minus pool. How? With only a dozen or two, betting a couple bucks each---who's to say they couldn't coincidentally have the same ticket?
LOL The track mutuel (sp?) mgr. will decide the payoff is $2.10, and the track will eat the couple dollars lost. That's my guess...

Noticed the TM Power #'s have been doing decently at Belmont since they started up. I don't yet have scratches, so I put up the top-2 for your reading and wagering amusement.

As always...if you think you may have a gambling problem--you do!
Old 04-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #6994
green80

[QUOTE=NorCalGreg;2718246]Seems SunRay could conceivably end up with a minus pool. How? With only a dozen or two, betting a couple bucks each---who's to say they couldn't coincidentally have the same ticket?
LOL The track mutuel (sp?) mgr. will decide the payoff is $2.10, and the track will eat the couple dollars lost. That's my guess...

Does the track really lose? They have to pay you 5% (2.10) and the track takeout is more than that.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #6995
sharkey11

most venues track is allowd to raise takeout on folowing races to make up any losses on minus pools
Old 04-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #6996
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Yeah...I'm just taking a wild guess. Don't really know what would happen. Or-what about that horse @ SunRay that didn't have any money bet on him in the double.
What happens if that horse should win the race? It's kinda funny, but the only logical solution is the track keeps all wagers, and pays out nada.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #6997
green80

they pay all in the leg with no bets on the winner. Like 1-all or all-1, likely paying the min payout.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #6998
green80

I had to pull the rule book out on that one:

§10509. No Ticket Sold Combining Two WinnersA. If no ticket is sold combining the two winners, the daily double pool then shall be apportioned equally between those having tickets including the winner in the first race and those having tickets including the winner in the second race in the same manner in which a place pool is calculated and distributed.B. If no ticket is sold including the winner of the first race, the entire pool will be paid to holders of tickets which include the winner of the second race of the daily double.C. Likewise, if no ticket is sold including the winner of the second race, then the entire pool will be paid to holders of tickets which include the winner of the first race of the daily double.D. If no ticket is sold including the winner of either race, then the pool shall be paid to the holders of tickets which include the horses finishing second in the two races of the daily double.AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 4:149.HISTORICAL NOTE: Adopted by the Racing Commission in 1971, promulgated by the Department of Commerce, Racing Commission, LR 2:441 (December 1976), amended LR 3:37

have to admit I didn't know that they would pay the holders of the place horse in the daily double if no one had either horse.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #6999
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

At SunRay-- when they say "Please hold all tickets" they mean it!
Old 04-26-2021, 12:41 AM   #7000
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Parx 4-26

I understand the racing community is giddy with anticipation--FINGER LAKES is back!!!!

Ya like Finger Lakes? Well, tough--we got Parx tomorrow....where the men are men, and seems like some horses win for no damn reason. My kind of track

If you notice...there isn't another same-race qualifier until the 9th race down the list. And below that one is 15-1 INCLUNATION...sitting all by his lonesome. This is simply one part of the puzzle--look each horse over carefully for consideration.

Good luck,

-NCG
Old 04-27-2021, 01:54 AM   #7001
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PARX CLASS OF SPEED 4-26 RESULTS

See...with Class of the Speed, what you want to see is, ideally one horse listed per race. Of course that will never happen exactly that way, but Parx had quite an assortment until the second horse from race #4 appeared. This is a quick way to find any speedy standouts--you'll also get slugs that have run their race, and won't seriously contend for a few months.

There were 9 horses with 3 nice winners, and most of the rest in the money. Sometimes right at the top you'll see 3 or 4 horses from the same race--usually easiest to just skip that race unless there is a big price. It's okay to move farther down the list, since you are skipping that race anyway.

This is a good way to find longshots you may not have considered otherwise.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #7002
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

BEST-FIVE OAKS DAY CONTENDERS

I'll post the top power list tomorrow:

Old 04-29-2021, 02:14 PM   #7003
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

OAKS DAY BEST-FIVE 4-30

As was pointed out the above is NOT Oaks Day--but Derby Day Best-Five selections.
Here is the genuine CDX Oaks Day contender list. Thinking about making some exacta boxes with the races that have long shots rated in the top-3:

Old 04-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #7004
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Why only 2 horses in R6 for the Derby card or why is the 2nd horse missing?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #7005
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk6191 View Post
Why only 2 horses in R6 for the Derby card or why is the 2nd horse missing?
That 6th race - Best-Five wasn't able to come up with 3 solid contenders, so it lists what it has. This doesn't happen often, and there are plenty of other ways to 'cap that race.

This 6th as handicapped by the Exotic Bets Program using the connections tab:

Closed Thread