Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-08-2022, 05:28 PM   #31
jefftune

Talkin' about NYRA public handicappers, David Aragona is at the TOP of the list.
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #32
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftune View Post
Talkin' about NYRA public handicappers, David Aragona is at the TOP of the list.
How dare you try to get this train wreck of a thread on any semblance of a logical track

Let's return to fact-free discussions of public handicappers' ROI (which should be readily ascertainable rather than a subject for baseless speculation), what a reference to "Second Avenue Deli" meant or didn't, etc., etc.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:15 PM   #33
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks View Post
Not sure what Stabile's reasons were, but he's allowed. It doesn't change the fact that Prat is the best jockey in the country.
It’s noticeable because there are plenty of opportunities to criticize jocks in NY and he gets on the newbie.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 11:58 PM   #34
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryOldMan View Post
How dare you try to get this train wreck of a thread on any semblance of a logical track

Let's return to fact-free discussions of public handicappers' ROI (which should be readily ascertainable rather than a subject for baseless speculation), what a reference to "Second Avenue Deli" meant or didn't, etc., etc.
I’ll agree this thread is a train wreck. But the back biting and “ back and forth “ is entertaining and hilarious.

1) I don’t have time to look up public handicappers and their stats. Christ, sometimes I read this stuff and think. “These people do things like this and it will make them win or become better handicappers ?”

2) The only ROI I care about and track is my own .

But keep it going a good laugh helps my insomnia.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 06:55 AM   #35
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks View Post
Not sure what Stabile's reasons were, but he's allowed. It doesn't change the fact that Prat is the best jockey in the country.
Castellano has been on fire at Saratoga with 15 wins.
Prat also has 15 wins

He has been getting drilled on twitter,the NYRA crowd including Stabile have been critical from day 1.

You couldnt find Rosario with a search warrant his first year riding at Saratoga.

Prat is the best jockey in the country his first year at the Spa has been a success

It wont take too long before he wins the Spa title and Eclipse..

HIs greatness was display on Country House in the derby...

Take a look at CH pps.Prat had him sitting 8th that itself warrants the HOF

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts

Last edited by Brisk Urging; 08-09-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #36
westernmassbob

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts[/QUOTE]

Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 08:10 AM   #37
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftune View Post
Aragona is good I just don't understand his beef with Rosario, who he is harder on than any other jockey in the Saratoga jocks room. It is subtle how he goes about it too. Earlier in the meet, in his analysis of of horse in a particular race he put in an comment along the lines of ...."he gets a rider upgrade to Prat." Glanced up at the pps and saw that Rosario had ridden the horse last time.

Joel has won about a dozen stake races since then.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #38
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Aragona is good I just don't understand his beef with Rosario, who he is harder on than any other jockey in the Saratoga jocks room. It is subtle how he goes about it too. Earlier in the meet, in his analysis of of horse in a particular race he put in an comment along the lines of ...."he gets a rider upgrade to Prat." Glanced up at the pps and saw that Rosario had ridden the horse last time.

I think David's frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic. When it works there isn't a ride that is more of a pleasure to watch I do think Rosario is great on the lead when he does go that route for my money there is nobody that I would want on my horse and that is just my opinion. When he goes to the lead he does exactly that, he will open up. He was key in developing one of my better horses over the years by creating a running style that was tough to compete with in many races. Joel can be frustrating at times but he has a ton of confidence and I can say from personal experience if he makes a mistake while riding a horse he is one of the very few that will tell you exactly that and he gets my respect for that. Rosario is kind of a mad scientist in my book but a world class rider and a very solid dude. Hell of a nice guy as well ( not that anyone said otherwise)

Last edited by Big Peps; 08-09-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 09:18 AM   #39
Pigpen

I was glancing at the Saratoga sale and I may be totally mistaken but I thought I saw the winning bid on a horse was Anthony Stabile. If so good luck Big A!!!!!
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #40
tholl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
I was glancing at the Saratoga sale and I may be totally mistaken but I thought I saw the winning bid on a horse was Anthony Stabile. If so good luck Big A!!!!!
Think that is likely ex-trainer of the same name? Has not had a runner since September of last year at Presque Isle. May be doing bloodstock agent work now.
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 09:32 AM   #41
Pigpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholl View Post
Think that is likely ex-trainer of the same name? Has not had a runner since September of last year at Presque Isle. May be doing bloodstock agent work now.

Thank you
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #42
tholl

Could be his dad? Sure TLG will shed some light.
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 09:49 AM   #43
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Peps View Post
frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic.
I don't have much of a problem that style as long as he is in position to win at the top of the stretch. If he's far back, the horse finishes really well, and then goes out like he's still loaded after the finish, I'd criticize that. Overall though, I think Rosario is terrific. In fact, IMO that's a good style for sucking up for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths with overmatched horses that would likely hang and fade if used earlier to get into position (owners may like that).
Old 08-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #44
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts
Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?
Old 08-09-2022, 11:06 AM   #45
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post

I do two podcasts and a few race previews a week with David and I don't remember ever hearing him have and "beef" with Rosario. He has praised him plenty and I know he voted for him for the Eclipse Award last year. I'm sure he calls out individual rides, same as he does for all riders.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply