Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-05-2022, 09:32 AM   #271
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
You basically never get anything right at least when it come to NYRA. This is 100% inaccurate and an insult to John Imbriale. You know ZERO about this.

I hope this isn't a representation of how you behave in the "real" world. Imagine your posting here carries a responsibility. It does for me. You act like you can say anything, pretend you know it's accurate, and that makes it OK. It doesn't. I get that there are worse people here, that say reckless and inaccurate things as well, but hold yourself to a higher standard. I know that you think you do....but when you post utter garbage like this, you clearly don't.
TLG, you have no credibility on this whatsoever. I have been literally told by several people with knowledge of the situation your statements about the Collmus-Imbriale transition were completely false.

Imbriale is your friend. We get it. But everything I have said about him is correct and you need to stop being the Baghdad Bob of NYRA on this.

Last edited by dilanesp; 09-05-2022 at 09:34 AM.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 09:33 AM   #272
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
I cry bullshit. After 43 years (save for his 4 month attempt at something else), if they wanted him out, he would no way be doing Belmont.
Read Swift's comment above. If this wasn't a demotion, he would obviously keep Saratoga.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #273
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The evidence is they gave him a public demotion when he clearly wants to continue announcing.

That's not only evidence, it's proof.

No, it is your opinion.
Did you ever consider that he wants to cut back his workload?
You're a lawyer?
You should know better.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #274
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Yep. If anyone can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. And if he DID want to cut back and had his pick of a meet anyone would pick Saratoga.
How would you have any idea what HE preferred to do?
Do you know him personally?
Have you talked to him about it?
Old 09-05-2022, 09:56 AM   #275
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
TLG, you have no credibility on this whatsoever. I have been literally told by several people with knowledge of the situation your statements about the Collmus-Imbriale transition were completely false.
Fake news. Get new sources.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:57 AM   #276
the little guy

Quote:

Imbriale is your friend. We get it. But everything I have said about him is correct and you need to stop being the Baghdad Bob of NYRA on this.
This is remarkably sad. I honestly hope you're having a bad few days and will happily accept your apology at some later time. You can send me a private message if you don't want to do it publicly.

It's a statement of the obvious to everyone that isn't deranged that you actually don't know the facts here and that I do. Get ahold of yourself.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #277
elhelmete

Quote:
I have been literally told by several people...
"I have here in my hand a list..."
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #278
dilanesp

Quote:
This is remarkably sad. I honestly hope you're having a bad few days and will happily accept your apology at some later time. You can send me a private message if you don't want to do it publicly.

It's a statement of the obvious to everyone that isn't deranged that you actually don't know the facts here and that I do. Get ahold of yourself.
Andy, I apologize, the Baghdad Bob statement was out of line. I was going to come here and edit the comment, but you saw it first.

I am sorry you have having a bad few days. Whatever it is, life is is more important than arguments on a message board.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:03 AM   #279
HorsemenHeist

I heard an interview with Tom Durkin on the Fox show and he said that the Saratoga booth was the worst that he'd ever been in, by far. But no one complains because it is Saratoga. Maybe Imbriale had his couple seasons fulfilling the dream of calling the Spa, had enough of the terrible view, and the humility to know someone can do the job there better.
HorsemenHeist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #280
elhelmete

Quote:
Whatever it is, life is is more important than arguments on a message board.
Never stopped you.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #281
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Never stopped you.
Except it did.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:23 AM   #282
the little guy

Quote:
Andy, I apologize, the Baghdad Bob statement was out of line. I was going to come here and edit the comment, but you saw it first.

I am sorry you have having a bad few days. Whatever it is, life is is more important than arguments on a message board.
I'm not having any bad days. I had a tremendous two months in many ways.

This is not an actual apology. When you grow up enough to make one, you know where to find me.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #283
dilanesp

Quote:
I'm not having any bad days. I had a tremendous two months in many ways.

This is not an actual apology. When you grow up enough to make one, you know where to find me.
I'm not apologizing for my statements about Imbriale, which were confirmed by several people with knowledge of the situation. I do apologize for calling you a juvenile name.

Look, Andy, your standing up for your friend is an admirable human quality. But you come on this message board and say things about the Collmus-to-Imbriale transition that industry insiders whom I talked to laugh at. I am very certain of the sourcing here.

Your only response is "I know you are wrong, but can't say a thing about what really happened". But, I'm sorry, but there's no reason anyone should ever believe you when you say something like that, which you literally say ALL the time about NYRA matters, especially when NYRA looks bad in public. Certainly, there's no reason I should believe you when I actually have people with knowledge of the situation telling me that you are wrong.

NYRA placed your friend into a position he was not really the best qualified person for, because it decided that it wasn't going to pay the last guy, the top person in the country at that particular job, what he was worth. That wasn't fair to your friend, but it is what happened. And then your friend tried hard but didn't deliver the performance that the top race meet in the country deserves. So now he's not doing the top race meet anymore, and a more highly qualified announcer will be coming in to do it. This all went down in public.

As I said, I admire you for defending your friend. But your employer's actions here speak for yourself, and I have reliable information that contradicts your account. I don't think you are a credible interlocutor about John Imbriale.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #284
elhelmete

Quote:
Except it did.
That aged well.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:58 AM   #285
Inner Dirt

Damn, Imbriale leaving the mic sucks, I really like him, especially calling the Aqueduct winter meet on the inner dirt track, now they are both gone. I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply