Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #31
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Slow horse, Beyer, TGraf, BRIS, proven loser, questionable form at best, soundly beaten by both the favs.....10-1, maybe.
He was the lone speed on paper, no?
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #32
Spalding No!

Quote:
Slow horse, Beyer, TGraf, BRIS, proven loser, questionable form at best, soundly beaten by both the favs.....10-1, maybe.
Fastest horse from the gate, gets brave with clear lead, clouded form due to recent negative pace scenarios & route distance, both favs burning money in all starts against open company...5-1 on sealed racetrack w/ multiple graded stakes on the card.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 03:59 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He was the lone speed on paper, no?
Did you bet him?
Actually, I would not say he was lone speed,/ TG had him essentially tied with Sumo early, and and aside from his last race, Sumo figured to be right there challenging early. Same Sumo who beat him by 8 last sprint.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #34
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Normally i would agree..But in this case modern tech handicapping has kept this horse from racing to much, not physical issues. Sadler is big sheets guy and letting the numbers dictate the schedule. I believe after this race he will stretch out and look for the important distance races and hopefully a successful solid campaign...
That is the story the connections tell, but the gaps in the workouts don't really lend much credence to it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #35
Robert Fischer
clean money

action bet 50cents 5 - 4 - 6

overthinking a valueless race?

probably have it rather than

the Team Merchants 20/1 ml looks to be thriving in workouts,and watching a few of his races is fine in here to try to hit the board.

Big difference in ml odds between the and

also think the public may well agree with the ml in terms of ranking BabyYoda and the StilettoBoy higher than the 6.
///

not a Flightline superfan, but there isn't an adverse pace projected here.
Sadler does a solid job with workouts and pace-friendly spots of Hronis runners. i haven't seen any fitness/health issue on video, solid layoff numbers

Shaaz wins r4 MSW, but doesn't tell us a lot more than we know.
Big boy, lot of talent, has to stop lugging in as well as show consistent footwork.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-26-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 06:10 PM   #36
the little guy

Quote:
Did you bet him?
Actually, I would not say he was lone speed,/ TG had him essentially tied with Sumo early, and and aside from his last race, Sumo figured to be right there challenging early. Same Sumo who beat him by 8 last sprint.
Yes. I had the early Pick-3. I pressed the favorite, did not like the 5, and used the 6 because he was lone speed and clearly the "other horse" under the given scenario. I singled the 1st winner, who I thought should have been odds on, and pressed the 3rd winner, who also should have been a heavy favorite.

I don't love it when races come off the turf, but off the turf races are frequently great value races. I also don't get overly caught up in the results of races, as they are frequently related to how races are run, and am more than happy to take horses that may benefit on a given day when they have not in a previous race or two ( or more ).
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #37
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Baby Yoda's Beyer best guess?
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 07:44 PM   #38
The Arbiter

Flightline is about to be the most hyped horse since Arrogate. The possible soundness concerns are the only reason to pump the brakes even a little bit, because that was something else.
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 07:52 PM   #39
porchy44

hyping a horse up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
Flightline is about to be the most hyped horse since Arrogate..........
Yes, that's the "fun stuff". I'm already telling my buddy he is going to be another Spectacular Bid.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 07:54 PM   #40
VeryOldMan

Wow - Flightline has won all three of his races by 11+ lengths. Included this Grade 1. Weakness of graded stakes these days aside - that was impressive.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 08:00 PM   #41
horsefan2019

The competition was basically gassed during the final stretch thats why Flightline was able to pull away with a huge margin of victory.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 08:16 PM   #42
classhandicapper

There are some connections out there that are probably coming up with a Plan “B” for their very good horses right now because they want no part of Flightline.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:42 PM   #43
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
There are some connections out there that are probably coming up with a Plan “B” for their very good horses right now because they want no part of Flightline.
Should be pretty easy; I presume Plan B would be run your horse in the 3-4 months in-between Flightline appearances? Probably could squeeze in two starts if they are enterprising enough...

Seriously, in terms of overall accomplishments this horse would be very lucky to emulate Southern Image, Twirling Candy, or City of Light.

Thank god the people controlling a late starter like Formal Gold weren't "numbered sheet" guys...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 08:52 PM   #44
JeremyJet
Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
Yes, that's the "fun stuff". I'm already telling my buddy he is going to be another Spectacular Bid.
Any chance he shows up for the Pegasus World Cup? I would love to see FLIGHTLINE take on KNICKS GO.
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 08:59 PM   #45
porchy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyJet View Post
Any chance he shows up for the Pegasus World Cup? I would love to see FLIGHTLINE take on KNICKS GO.
The connections did say "Everythings on the table". Myself, I would try him at a mile next.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: