Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-06-2022, 07:27 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

🏃*♀️🏃🏃*♂️💨 #Whitney Day Rush

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 07:51 AM   #2
Andy Asaro

Old 08-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
Andy Asaro

As far as the race goes the big two are the win candidates. Maybe Hot Rod Charlie catches a flyer and Prat sends to mess up Life Is Good? Doubtful that happens. Great race to watch but not so much to bet. GL

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 08-06-2022 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:41 AM   #4
Andy Asaro

Click the link for the whole card

https://www.capitalotbhandicapping.c...oga-racecourse

Excerpt:

Race 10

1.Olympiad

2.American Revolution

3.Happy Saver

Abbreviated, but decently competitive rendition of the Whitney this year, and we'll give the slight edge to #4 OLYMPIAD. Mott charge has been a completely different animal since trying the two turn game, as he's never been any worse than second at any point of call in winning five straight. Fella has some positive familiarity with this oval also, & sheds 32 ounces off a tally -- which is something we always dig. #1 AMERICANREVOLUTION found the wire first in his one "third off the respite" heat, and it happened to occur right here in Togatown. #5 HAPPY SAVER has yet to miss a tri, and who are we to rock that boat ?
Old 08-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #5
Andy Asaro

Old 08-06-2022, 09:41 AM   #6
PalaceOfFortLarned

Americanrevolution looks prime for a big race, but not sure it will be good enough.

Tough field and Life Is Good looks to have a decided pace advantage and Olympiad is in great form looking to win 6 straight.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
Michael

Anyone have the current odds from across the pond? Kind of curious

Todd's quoted as saying LIG is in the 1% of his 1% horses... That's high praise.
The bet is Olympiad, but I personally wouldn't bet into the win pool.
(not my style)

Last edited by Michael; 08-06-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 10:29 AM   #8
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Americanrevolution looks prime for a big race, but not sure it will be good enough.

Tough field and Life Is Good looks to have a decided pace advantage and Olympiad is in great form looking to win 6 straight.
I tossed American Revolution cuz of the 7 pound weight swing in favor of Olympiad. I don't normally consider weights until it gets to a mile or longer. This one makes it tough on the 1. But good luck. Anything can happen
Old 08-06-2022, 10:55 AM   #9
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I tossed American Revolution cuz of the 7 pound weight swing in favor of Olympiad. I don't normally consider weights until it gets to a mile or longer. This one makes it tough on the 1. But good luck. Anything can happen
Sounds like the is a likely scratch now. Hard to go against the or here either way.

5th race is interesting from a jockey standpoint. Grass stakes race with 2 Chad Brown entries and neither Ortiz brother is riding either of the two entries.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #10
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Anyone have the current odds from across the pond? Kind of curious

Todd's quoted as saying LIG is in the 1% of his 1% horses... That's high praise.
The bet is Olympiad, but I personally wouldn't bet into the win pool.
(not my style)
https://www.attheraces.com/racecard/...gust-2022/2243

LIG looks to be a solid favorite at 11/10.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #11
PalaceOfFortLarned

We've been privileged to some great racing this summer. Yesterday was a bit disappointing.

Don't want to read too much into it though, thinking maybe the Toga track took its toll on a number of some pretty damn good horses. Track has been tiring all meet, and was probably exceptionally tough yesterday.

As they say "the graveyard of champions". Maybe need to give Life Is Good a big plus for gutting it out.

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 08-07-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #12
Sheffwed

very deep track

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
We've been privileged to some great racing this summer. Yesterday was a bit disappointing.

Don't want to read too much into it though, thinking maybe the Toga track took its toll on a number of some pretty damn good horses. Track has been tiring all meet, and was probably exceptionally tough yesterday.

As they say "the graveyard of champions". Maybe need to give Life Is Good a big plus for gutting it out.

the Spa now has as deep a dirt surface as you'll find anywhere - and trainers are rightly complaining

this is what I mean about Saratoga succeeding despite NYRA, not because of it

maybe do some modern research and create a surface that's safer and not a quagmire that runs horses into the ground, so that every race doesn't feel like a stagger fest in the stretch
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2022, 10:39 AM   #13
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
the Spa now has as deep a dirt surface as you'll find anywhere - and trainers are rightly complaining

maybe do some modern research and create a surface that's safer and not a quagmire that runs horses into the ground, so that every race doesn't feel like a stagger fest in the stretch
1:48.97. That field is way better and faster than that.

I hate when Churchill scrapes it to be pavement, but I also don't want really good horses running the final 3Fs in 39 seconds either.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post

So now you are a more qualified Track Super than Glen Kozak. Your incredible genius knows no bounds.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2022, 10:52 AM   #15
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
So now you are a more qualified Track Super than Glen Kozak. Your incredible genius knows no bounds.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: