Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #61
Grits

CjD, hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #62
badcompany

Barring death or incarceration, I'll be there most of the week. The dark day, Tues, will be spent poolside at the Gideon Putnam during the day and the Racino at night . Hopefully the weather will be a repeat of last year, which was amazing. My darkest tan ever.

Ditto Track Collector on Ralph and CjD. That said, Saratoga in August exerts a powerful magnetic force and I won't be surprised if you guys figure out a way to make it there.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 05-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #63
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by swetyejohn
Storm -- what do you do in the basketball business?

I noticed UCONN in a previous post. I live in CT and my son is thinking about going to the Jim Calhoun basketball camp this summer.
Jimmer Fredette is having a 3 day basketball camp at the Saratoga rec center the last weekend of June. Fredette is from Glen Falls, about 20min north of 'toga.

The track won't be open yet, but the racino is about a two minute drive from the rec center.

http://www.jimmerjamcamp.com/

― Thomas Sowell
Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #64
Ocala Mike

Toga Party X Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany

Jimmer Fredette is having a 3 day basketball camp at the Saratoga rec center the last weekend of June.

That's awesome. The last time I touched a basketball was at the Saratoga Rec. Center 21 years ago, when I was the ripe old age of 49. We were in Income Tax Auditor training for NY State at the Holiday Inn, and a few of us got in a "pick-up" game there with some local young bucks. I think I actually hit a couple of J's, but I basically got run off my feet. Knew it was time for the armchair after that night.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Bummer, Ralph and CJD.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #66
GatetoWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
I'll be there again this year from Wednesday to Saturday. No lodging arrangements finalized yet, but I don't expect a problem.

Last year was my first visit (with the PA group), and it was nice to meet up with some old acquaintances as well as establish some new ones. I also have a new appreciation for Saratoga from an extended visit. Previously I attended one day here and there, but I usually wondered around the structure instead of enjoying the nice environment of the picnic and tent areas.

It will not be the same without Dennis and Ralph, so you guys will be missed.

if GateToWire does not attend, folks will have to settle for me as the token Maryland representative.
I will be there. I am driving up from DC and plan to be there from Thur-Sun.

Dennis if you can squeeze another day off you can drive up with me. If you can't you can always fly up and back too.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #67
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
That's awesome. The last time I touched a basketball was at the Saratoga Rec. Center 21 years ago, when I was the ripe old age of 49. We were in Income Tax Auditor training for NY State at the Holiday Inn, and a few of us got in a "pick-up" game there with some local young bucks. I think I actually hit a couple of J's, but I basically got run off my feet. Knew it was time for the armchair after that night.
This is the new Rec Center which just opened about a year ago. It's on Vanderbilt Ave.

I haven't been inside but it's probably very nice. They do things well, up there. The new YMCA on West St. is beautiful.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 06-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #68
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

This comment was made last night at Belmont around 8 PM

"The Saratoga season has officially begun."

I'll get the blog thread going as soon as I recover my strength. Going to be another great summer.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #69
joeyp

I'll be up there that week and i'll stop by and visit for a bit
actually i'll be there at 8am getting ready for the european races in the britsh tent during the mornings, then out back near you guys the rest of the day
Old 06-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #70
joeprunes

Made my reservations already for the 16,17,18. I have a extra room if someone needs it sooo before I cancel let me know... By the way I think andicap was just elected to office is his home town in connecticut. Seen a picture of him and the governor on face book. I dont know how to send pictures to this site or I would....By the way how can I send pictures?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #71
Mr Saratoga

Hard to believe it is less than five weeks away.
Hope to see some of the crew at the $pa.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #72
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Bummer, Ralph and CJD.
Tough luck for them (andmeanitsinceIwouldhavelikedtomeetboth), BUT you still gots me Tommy Boy!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This just in...planning on having a 10th Anniversary Commemorative giveaway on Saturday, August 18....more details when they become available...there will also be free food and drink (soda) on that day, so if you're going to be up for Toga Party X, make sure you're there on Saturday August 18!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #74
John

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]This just in...planning on having a 10th Anniversary Commemorative giveaway on Saturday, August 18....more details when they become available...there will also be free food and drink (soda) on that day, so if you're going to be up for Toga Party X, make sure you're there on Saturday August 18!

Your the best,Mike, Thank you for the frosting on the Cake.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
Storm Cadet

Just might have to make a return visit that weekend for the 10th anniversary party!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: