Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #16
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert99
In May, UK we had the highest retail sales in 22 years.
Why? who knows, but people are irrational and possibly think somehow they will be bailed out, meanwhile, its all so depressing I'll just comfort spend while I can.
How - by not paying mortgage bills, cancelling pension saving, hoping the tax bill does not turn up, taking cash to limits out of credit cards, emptying savings.
That description fits you to tee. You certainly have given new meaning to the term "irrational".

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can we please stop with the petty name calling...I'd really like pktruckdriver to offer up some examples of America's death and why this is the WORST time EVER in America. My guess is he can't.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
lamboguy

i think he is predicting bad times based on what has happened in the past. the only thing wrong with that supposition is that things are never the same. it seems bad because energy prices are up, a little higher rate of unemployment, and lack of trust and confidence in present leadership, and less of that who ever gets to lead our great country.
maybe in light of things we should have more of a positive attitude, because what ever you think about you bring about. and whatever you focus on grows!

please make it a great day

pick for the post r9 hollywood #4 MISCHABEL
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #19
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Okay...I gotchya. It feels like a recession to you. I should have taken a poll of all the customers at the Best Buy store in which I bought my new monitor less than 30 minutes ago. It, too, was packed -- despite the bad weather we're having to boot!

Boxcar
Maybe they were out there spending Bush's welfare checks....Meant to say stimulus checks.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #20
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

A little proof

Ok Bossman

Now this country is fine for all those with huge bank accounts, but those of us who work on a more paycheck to paycheck basis , due to numerous reason's, the biggest one in this country that puts a guy in paycheck to paycheck mode is divorce/child support /alimony, and if you're rich enough you make settlement and get on with your life, or you have pre-nup in place and you lose very little, the majority of us get screwed big time and all of sudden we're in the P to P mode, real quick like. Now this also will leave ones credit a mess too, a perfect way to start over after 15 yrs of marriage, yep the American way.

Now about this Countries down fall, it is simple when one is looking up from where I am looking from, the bottom.

I see 75% of the companies I used to do business with, pick up loads from, cut way back or shut down completly, yet these numbers are not shown by this government, they're altered to make things look good and were told everything is fine, BS.

Let me ask you this , when at the track in the paddock area you're looking at the horse your computer told you to bet on, but you see him limping and looking horrible, what do you do, do you not believe your eyes and bet anyway??

This country has the dollar at an all time low with the rest of the world, won't be long before the Peso will be worth more than the dollar.http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/.../7dollarFW.php

Foreclosures are at all time , historical highs, so high the congress got involved with this mess, but all is fine , right??http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/06/real...limb/index.htmhttp://http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/06/real_estate/defaults_continue_climb/index.htm

How many others are so far upside down in their house they should be living in China??? Historical highs too

Employment and consumer confidence is at all time lows, except for the well off
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/s...14/daily1.html

Now there is plenty more where this comes from, just ask ok.

Keep thinking all is well ok, it not.

I won't even bring up fuel, it speaks for itself

God how do you all not see this in front of you, are you blind?? The middle class is about to become.....

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 06-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Lamboguy

Quote:
it seems bad because energy prices are up, a little higher rate of unemployment, and lack of trust and confidence in present leadership, and less of that who ever gets to lead our great country.
maybe in light of things we should have more of a positive attitude, because what ever you think about you bring about. and whatever you focus on grows!
Yes we should have more positive attitudes, but being blind isn't good either. I want this country to recover and prosper again, why wouldn't I, I love this country.

But fact is fact, we're in trouble and need fixing , any ideas on how?
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Now this country is fine for all those with huge bank accounts, but those of us who work on a more paycheck to paycheck basis , due to numerous reason's, the biggest one in this country that puts a guy in paycheck to paycheck mode is divorce/child support /alimony, and if you're rich enough you make settlement and gone with your life, or you have pre-nup in place and you lose very little, the majority of us get screwed big time and all of sudden we're in the P to P mode, real quick like. Now this also will leave ones credit a mess too, a perfect way to start over after 15 yrs of marriage, yep the American way.
And this has to do with Bush how? Nobody ever had to work paycheck to paycheck or got divorced before GWB came to town?

Quote:
I see 75% of the companies I used to do business with, pick up loads from, cut way back or shut down completly, yet these numbers are not shown by this government, they're altered to make things look good and were told everything is fine, BS.
How? How exactly are these numbers not shown, or "altered?" If you are going to claim this, you must know how it is being done, or else you wouldn't know it to claim it in the first place.

Quote:
This country has the dollar at an all time low with the rest of the world, won't be long before the Peso will be worth more than the dollar.http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/.../7dollarFW.php
And exactly how does this mean that America is dead? I bet the dollar goes up from here, eventually...will that mean America is undead?

Quote:
Foreclosures are at all time , historical highs, so high the congress got involved with this mess, but all is fine , right??http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/06/real...limb/index.htmhttp://http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/06/real_estate/defaults_continue_climb/index.htm
When home PRICES and home SALES were at an all time high, were you writing here how horrible that was? Because, as you know, the HOUSING BOOM happened during Bush, did it not?

So a few people screwed up and can't handle what they got themselves into....to equate that to the DEATH OF AMERICA is insane.

Quote:
How many others are so far upside down in their house they should be living in China???
Death of America? DEATH OF AMERICA? Because some folks can't afford the house they thought they could, America is dead?

Quote:
Employment and consumer confidence is at all time lows, except for the well offhttp://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2008/04/14/daily1.html
Employment is nowhere near an all time low. You are wrong. You're also wrong on CC. It was lower in 2003 and it was much lower back in the early 90s. America wasn't dead then, and it isn't dead now. The only thing dead is your sense of intellect, apparently.

Quote:
Keep thinking all is well ok, it not.
You don't read well, do you? I've never stated things are well, and I've told you MORE THAN ONCE already that I have never stated things are well. Why do you keep writing to me "Keep thinking all is well." Are you nothing but an Internet troll?

Quote:
I won't even bring up fuel, it speaks for itself
How so? If fuel gets to the point where people can't cope, they will either find more economical vehicles to drive, or they will take public transportation, thus ending this parabolic trip oil has been on, and the price of a barrel of oil will be cut in half in no time. Remember the run up in housing prices? What happened to that? Housing prices came crashing down.

Same thing will happen to oil eventually. Wait and see.

Quote:
God how do you all not see this in front of you, are you blind?? The middle class is about to become.....
Are we blind? No. Are you blind? Let me ask you this:

If you're so good and intuitive and intellectual about all things economics and politics, what are you doing living paycheck to paycheck? You should be a millionaire by now....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman
Maybe they were out there spending Bush's welfare checks....Meant to say stimulus checks.
Explain to me how We the People receiving our money back is welfare. Are you suggesting that it's the government money in the first place?

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #24
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Explain to me how We the People receiving our money back is welfare. Are you suggesting that it's the government money in the first place?
Boxcar
Did we give the govt too much by mistake?

Or are they giving us money that the govt had to borrow from the Chinese or from Singapore so that we can go out and buy more stuff from China and Singapore?

This stimulus stuff is confusing, how about the govt stop taking our money and figure out how to make (not print) it themselves for a change?

wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonatthewire1
Did we give the govt too much by mistake?

Or are they giving us money that the govt had to borrow from the Chinese or from Singapore so that we can go out and buy more stuff from China and Singapore?

This stimulus stuff is confusing, how about the govt stop taking our money and figure out how to make (not print) it themselves for a change?

If you run for the office of Prez, I promise I'll vote for ya!

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #26
King Ritchie
Veteran

The world is different

Libs look at the world differently. They wake up afraid. It's cloudy. It's raining and very cold. They walk down the street thinking a piano will fall on their head. You get the picture. It's a recession to them because that's what the media and their lib buddies tell them. They are sheep.
King Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #27
Tuffmug
I just lost by THIS MUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ritchie
Libs look at the world differently. They wake up afraid. It's cloudy. It's raining and very cold. They walk down the street thinking a piano will fall on their head. You get the picture. It's a recession to them because that's what the media and their lib buddies tell them. They are sheep.
We Conservatives are happy. We are spending our ethanol subsidy checks and Bear Stearns bailout money!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
riskman

Quote:

Boxcar
Are you suggesting that everyone who received a stimulus check paid taxes?
The IRS deducted my check for $ 1200 because I owed them taxes for 2007, even though I had an agreed monthly payment plan. How does that help?
The increase in gas and home heating oil has already wiped out any additional economic benefit for stimulus checks for most Americans. And your "We the People" remark is your smart ass way of inference that I am an outsider-- GTH
Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #29
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Quote:
Okay...I gotchya. It feels like a recession to you. I should have taken a poll of all the customers at the Best Buy store in which I bought my new monitor less than 30 minutes ago. It, too, was packed -- despite the bad weather we're having to boot!

Boxcar
I don't think consumers, with their credit cards and home equity loans, are going to bail us out of this downturn.
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #30
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ritchie
and it's not because you HEAR it's not.

classic.
given your postings, you appear the most afraid poster on this board.
always afraid someone is getting over on you by sneak attack.
always the fear showing through.
get help.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply