Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

CAN A WELL HIDDEN RECESSION, BECOME A DEPRESSION

Well the Government has done really well in hiding the current Recession we're in now, but can they hide the possibility of a Depression from the American Public??

$10 gallon of OJ in Hawaii
5.65 gallon of diesel

8yrs ago this was not the case, we were ok, but what happened to the US of A , GWB did that's what happened, the worst Prez in the history of the US ofA.
My Opinion and others too, I'm sure.

Now after 8yrs of GWB how are we doing, yeah right.
we're dying slowly and everyone in the world knows it.

How were we after 8yrs of Clinton, we were strong and viable, the dollar was strong, fuel prices were good, we were doing fine, then GWB stole the election and killed this once great Country of ours, thanks GWB.

Now this post is not touting the Dem's as the best of , But we were better than , than we are now, and that is the truth, bottomline truth, truth that can not be disputed.

The 8yrs of Reagan were good years too, then a Bush screwed things up for 4yrs and was booted out, thanks God for that. But these last 8yrs were some of the worst times this country has ever seen, and the true effects are yet to be seen, but will be soon enough, yes they will.

Well thats my story and I'm stickng to it, you just try to dispute it, go ahead try.

Watchout for the world no longer fears us, heck they can now buy us, and have been slowly doing so for years now, so pretty soon we will be completly bought up by foreign interests, including all the notes we owe on our cars, houses, and business's, all owned by foriegn entities, all done recently, thanks GWB.

Man I could go on but will quit now and see if y'all can dispute these stories, and don't cry about its all the Dem's fault, because it not their fault or the Republicans either, look to GWB, ok
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
wonatthewire1

Sounds like you've been bushwacked

wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:
Sounds like you've been bushwacked

You got that right!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Is this China or America??

Just a little proof of who is running this country

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg
Listen to this , if this works

Patrick
Old 06-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
lamboguy

rupert murcock

head guy of fox news wants obamas. its sick, but looks like the guys in charge are trying to delay the problems till the end of the term. senior bush did it last time, but got outfoxed by the bigest fox of them all clinton. he then pushed the bad times right to junior. he got bailed out by the terror attack. so he got the ok to print up the money.
everyone thinks the whole economy is going to blow up with the next president. i hope not whoever gets elected.

for the record, i bet on mccain
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Dying how, exactly? Please be more specific. It shouldn't be too hard, if what you're saying is even remotely accurate.

Quote:
But these last 8yrs were some of the worst times this country has ever seen, and the true effects are yet to be seen, but will be soon enough, yes they will.
Again, please provide more specifics. Worst times this country has ever seen is quite the statement. People living during the great depression or even during the Carter years might beg to differ with you, but hey, this is America, and everyone has an opinion. I just wish you'd offer some specifics to back-up your grand claims.

Quote:
Well thats my story and I'm stickng to it, you just try to dispute it, go ahead try.
Dispute what? You've offered nothing.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver

Now after 8yrs of GWB how are we doing, yeah right.

How were we after 8yrs of Clinton, we were strong and viable, the dollar was strong, fuel prices were good, we were doing fine, then GWB stole the election and killed this once great Country of ours, thanks GWB.

One guy (gwb)cant screw up America, IF America is screwed up, its a joint effort among many parties.

America has not been killed, and if you ask me, we never will. bad politicians do not effect America, we do!!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

HOW BOUT WE CLEAN HOUSE

JballsCalls

Your right it is all of our elected officials that have screwed up this country, both parties are responsible for this mess.

Now GWB has been the figure head responsible for the last 8yrs, and he has really did a number on this country, and yes the congress went along with him, but it will take probally more years than I have to fix it, if we can.

Now as to who can fix it, well I don't think Mc Cain could do it, or Osama either, and our congress hasn't shown any signs of doing it either, so then who will, answer me this , please.

Will the people stand up demand justice, hell no, we can't do that, the 60's is gone, and so is the 1700's too, the mind of Americans have been brain washed into believing the Government cares about us, lmao, come on , do you belive that too. I doubt it, you seem smarter than the average american.

Could America ever ask that every single member of Congress and the Cabinet Positions resign and we re-elect new officials to these jobs, a complete sweep of all the corupt individuals, and just start over, Yeah we could ask, but IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, we know that too.

Gotta go to work now.

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 06-22-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
King Ritchie
Veteran

doom

Why do you dems/commies have to be so doom and gloom all the time. My businesses have never been better. The supposedly recession is simply media/dems/commie hype. Just give the American people a little time for people to open up their eyes and all will be well.
King Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Dispute what? You've offered nothing.
You nailed it. This guy has to be a NoBama operative. All heat, no light.

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ritchie
Why do you dems/commies have to be so doom and gloom all the time. My businesses have never been better. The supposedly recession is simply media/dems/commie hype. Just give the American people a little time for people to open up their eyes and all will be well.
Because this is how Libs operate. The live by fear mongering. My wife had a great sales month last month -- well ahead of last year's. And this month promises to be, too.

I just came back from a little shopping excursion because I'm looking to replace my old monitor. BJs was packed, as was Sams. Maybe everyone is just looking and not buying?

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
ezrabrooks
Veteran

PA, I can't fault your reasoning as to why we are not yet in a recession...but, I guess I use the Potter Stewert analogy, that being, not sure what defines a recession, but I will know one when I see it...and, based on my small universe, we are in one.
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
ddog

Well,well now ........
The two oracles of Pa, bOxcar and Ping Ritchie , only they among all the "people" (nice one Pingy) have insight into all others economic reality!

When you guys getting your own Tv show?

Ok, I forgot that slot is taken , I think it's called Sesame Street.

Which one of you guys are the pink one?

Here TRY a little honest debate, if you can, which I doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akVL7QY0S8A
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
PA, I can't fault your reasoning as to why we are not yet in a recession...but, I guess I use the Potter Stewert analogy, that being, not sure what defines a recession, but I will know one when I see it...and, based on my small universe, we are in one.
Okay...I gotchya. It feels like a recession to you. I should have taken a poll of all the customers at the Best Buy store in which I bought my new monitor less than 30 minutes ago. It, too, was packed -- despite the bad weather we're having to boot!

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
robert99

In May, UK we had the highest retail sales in 22 years.
Why? who knows, but people are irrational and possibly think somehow they will be bailed out, meanwhile, its all so depressing I'll just comfort spend while I can.
How - by not paying mortgage bills, cancelling pension saving, hoping the tax bill does not turn up, taking cash to limits out of credit cards, emptying savings.
  Reply With Quote Reply