Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Matt Winn Stakes PPs

http://www.horse-races.net/library/l...rformances.htm

See Romans . . .

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Dream_Police

Santana/Asmussen @ CD, I'll take Pneumatic
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
1GCFAN

Pneumatic could be a player but I will take Mystic Guide. If the 2019 Maxfield shows up we are running for second.
1GCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
mikesal57
Veteran

Some stats for you guys...

Bris Prime....1 2 3 are best at routes

Posts 1-6 are best for routes

Pressers are best for routes

So with Bris Primes 2nd & 3rd horses on the outside and Prime #1 a early horse...

THIS RACE IS WIDE OPEN FOR A BOMB!!!
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
groupie doll

Shake Some Action looks interesting on paper... might try to work him into the mix somehow.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
boys at tosconova

3458 are all unplayable.

7/9 have work to do and don't look as bad as the above, but they don't look good either.

1/2 will be riding "you never know angle" and could improve.

doubt you'll get anywhere near 10-1 on the 6

the 11/12 figure to be major players in here

maxfield -10 by default will takes a lot of money.

walsh quotes

“From what he’s shown me in his works, I can’t wait to see what he’ll do on the track,”

“We’ve done all we can with him.”

“He had a couple of five-eighths in Florida, then we took our foot off the gas,”

“He broke good that day, too,” Walsh said. “He’s a stronger horse. That should help him get out and get rolling. He’s as ready as you can get off of a layoff. He’s done plenty of work. He’s a big horse, but he’s naturally fit. He takes his work well.”

"he’ll be better going forward"

“He’ll improve for having had that race,”

when you end the interview saying those 2 things that doesn't bode well imo...but this field has no killers, so if he's healthy and ready...booom..however,,...i'll take a stand against for the win @ a short price

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 05-21-2020 at 05:49 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 06:42 PM   #7
gov135

w 5 6 10 w 5 6 10

Last edited by gov135; 05-21-2020 at 06:43 PM.
gov135 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #8
1GCFAN

I will box exacta . .10 Super /// I think that costs $12 for the super.
1GCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #9
f2tornado

If the is anywhere near the 15-1 ML then that is my win bet. That horse has a monster dosage profile and is Buckpasser-x. If the improves at all then top contender. Another Buckpasser-x horse. Should be coming in the stretch. I don't see him as a future classic distance horse however. The was my Pool 1 Derby play and still respect. Has quintessential Derby pedigree. Long layoff however a repeat of previous make him tough to beat. The are fairly similar and any could contend for the exotics. should appreciate distance cut and might be worthy of inclusion in dime super. Little excitement about the rest.

Win bet on if 8-1 or better.
exacta box. Possible second play using the over and under.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #10
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Ny Traffic at those odds.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #11
boys at tosconova

looking over the field some more if you like the 11 you really have to consider the 5 and 7 to some degree.

romans horse really didn't beat them by that much.

it's unfortunate that flap's best races were on all weather and the turf.

i might have to downgrade 11 a little because of it..or upgrade the other 2 which is unlikely

crypto cash races aren't that poor either. a couple of these horse in this race have an excuse to fall back on if you want to give them mulligan including the 9

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 05-22-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #12
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
Shake Some Action looks interesting on paper... might try to work him into the mix somehow.
watching the replay of the la derby. the horse didn't run a bad race, in fact it looks better than the program suggests. the horse even had to check for some reason early on

on the flip side, major fed's race looks more impressive on paper than it did on the track. still can't belive the horse got away last
Old 05-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #13
boys at tosconova

re-watched la derby isolating the the 9.

he got pinched early on and then had to check shortly thereafter as he got cut off, pushing him further back.

then he waited buried on the rail to make for a spot to move out..you can even say he slowed down to do so and went wider and wider once he was out.

horse is going to be long odds in here and could easily have a say in things
Old 05-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #14
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
watching the replay of the la derby. the horse didn't run a bad race, in fact it looks better than the program suggests. the horse even had to check for some reason early on

on the flip side, major fed's race looks more impressive on paper than it did on the track. still can't belive the horse got away last
One reason why the caught my eye, mildly, is because of some of the trouble he encountered last out, and the fact that he appears to have some upside. The trouble is not the reason he lost, but he did check and then have to go very wide off a measured pace. Also agree the last race makes Fed look even better since, to my eye, the horses up front seemed at a real advantage that day.
I would love Major Fed in here if he had a better post. The 12 hole just seems like it might doom him, but maybe he is good enough anyway.

I also agree with you said about Flap Jack. I liked him last out at bomb and he ran like a bomb but it was also sloppy-sealed. His only really decent races came on the other surfaces though, and he was so bad last out it makes me reconsider. Maybe he can somehow run ITM and make for some big payouts, who knows.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #15
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
One reason why the caught my eye, mildly, is because of some of the trouble he encountered last out, and the fact that he appears to have some upside. The trouble is not the reason he lost, but he did check and then have to go very wide off a measured pace. Also agree the last race makes Fed look even better since, to my eye, the horses up front seemed at a real advantage that day.
I would love Major Fed in here if he had a better post. The 12 hole just seems like it might doom him, but maybe he is good enough anyway.

I also agree with you said about Flap Jack. I liked him last out at bomb and he ran like a bomb but it was also sloppy-sealed. His only really decent races came on the other surfaces though, and he was so bad last out it makes me reconsider. Maybe he can somehow run ITM and make for some big payouts, who knows.
i didn't even take into the account of the la derby being a boat race.

plenty of solid reasons to like the 9. he's going to be ignored and 25-50-1 to boot.

even if he finishes 2nd/3rd he's gonna trigger some big prices.

cannot rule out the 9 even leaving a little in here

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: