Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #16
oughtoh

Still think that is a good deal.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2017, 07:18 AM   #17
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
You can't get unlimited data unless your on the forum. The total price is $124 per month.
Comparable to HTR in terms of data cost. Also, years ago I used All-Ways and that would have been about 10 cards per month with them. Haven't checked their pricing lately.
MacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #18
acorn54

i am in on valucapper have watched carefully the coaches experience especially bob harris and matt and the testimonial from nestor's mother who lives in benin , africa, brought me to tears. it is the symposium #17.
bob puts it bluntly what you can expect from using mr pizzolla's software valucapper. bob says he knows no one that makes all their income solely from using it. he is satisfied with the side income he gets, making 40-60 dollar bets to win. he gets 14 % winners so thats collecting on the average 1 race and losing 7 wagers. matt in one of the tapes talks of his struggle with his 6th year of using the program, after 5 satisfying years. the mother of nestor thanks mr pizzolla for the allowing her to send her son to schoo, he is the first one in the village to able to do so. she also was able to buy him a desk and his own computer for school work and recreation, and she sent mr pizzolla a picture of the food she was able to buy to have a christmas feast for the village. now there is someone that has the why of having to make some kind of money. by the way she is not a wizard. she just has the software.

it really is a matter of approach. if you are not one to sit out just about all of the races AND don't have DISCRETIONARY of at least 1000 dollars , don't bother. matt said he learned the hard way not to bet more than 1% of his bankroll. a word to the wise is sufficient.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #19
oughtoh

If they are only getting 14% winners, do you suppose they are playing to many races? You would need a $16 winner just to break even.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #20
acorn54

you can't argue with success. bob harris is a no nonsense guy, and comes across as telling the truth. i understand your skepticism peddlers of horse race products is sort of like trying to find honor among thieves.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #21
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
you can't argue with success. bob harris is a no nonsense guy, and comes across as telling the truth. i understand your skepticism peddlers of horse race products is sort of like trying to find honor among thieves.
That is so true about horse race products.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #22
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
If they are only getting 14% winners, do you suppose they are playing to many races? You would need a $16 winner just to break even.
Many of the BLAM software users skip many races and primarily play horses that are overlays/longshots. It's not for the faint of heart nor for someone who feels pressure to win a race as opposed to winning at the races. You also need a significant bankroll.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #23
Appy

"...not for the faint of heart nor for someone who feels pressure to win a race as opposed to winning at the races."

That's a terrific comment JimG!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #24
oughtoh

I would rather win at the races then win a race. Think it would be fun having that software, once you learn everything about it. Hope you guys that have it do great with it.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #25
acorn54

Quote:
I would rather win at the races then win a race. Think it would be fun having that software, once you learn everything about it. Hope you guys that have it do great with it.
thank you for the kind words. i hope your kindness brings you good karma
Old 08-16-2017, 01:45 AM   #26
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
How do you figure? I get $14.29 to break even at 14% winners. $16 avg mutuels at 14% would net you a pretty good ROI of 1.12. Somebody please feel free to double check my math.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:51 AM   #27
oughtoh

I was just going by 1 winner out of 8 races. $2 bet on 8 races was $16. Wasn't going by the %.

Last edited by oughtoh; 08-16-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:37 AM   #28
Secondbest

I would think you need more than $1000 discretionary money. With a 14% hit rate you can get some long losing streaks especially at first when you are still learning. If you can't take losing ten races or more in a row at 40 a pop then win one then lose ten more this program is not for you. That's why Michael stresses the mental aspect. If you can then it looks like you'll do well.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #29
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
I would think you need more than $1000 discretionary money. With a 14% hit rate you can get some long losing streaks especially at first when you are still learning. If you can't take losing ten races or more in a row at 40 a pop then win one then lose ten more this program is not for you. That's why Michael stresses the mental aspect. If you can then it looks like you'll do well.
yeah i look at the money i bet as marbles. not money. if i think it is money then their is the emotional attachment to it. just losing some marbles and sometimes getting some marbles. as far as a 14% hit rate, that is a generalization not all bets are alike if i like a horse in the 9/2-7-1 range that is an overlay i will bet 1 unit. if the horse has odds from8-1 or so up to 20-1, then i will bet 1/2 unit. simply because my longshots win far fewer races than my sweet spot horse bets. does that make sense?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #30
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
yeah i look at the money i bet as marbles. not money. if i think it is money then their is the emotional attachment to it. just losing some marbles and sometimes getting some marbles. as far as a 14% hit rate, that is a generalization not all bets are alike if i like a horse in the 9/2-7-1 range that is an overlay i will bet 1 unit. if the horse has odds from8-1 or so up to 20-1, then i will bet 1/2 unit. simply because my longshots win far fewer races than my sweet spot horse bets. does that make sense?
yes it does
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: