Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #7186
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Hey, Doc, now that you're here, I'd like your opinion on something, if you don't mind: Does scripture tell us when the first advent of Christ would be?
I take your meaning to be describing the Incarnation? Perhaps we are using words differently.

One could go several ways. I'm satisfied with Gen 3:15, where "in the fullness of time, born of a woman (Gal 4:4)" Christ would crush the head of Satan.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #7187
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
I take your meaning to be describing the Incarnation? Perhaps we are using words differently.

One could go several ways. I'm satisfied with Gen 3:15, where "in the fullness of time, born of a woman (Gal 4:4)" Christ would crush the head of Satan.
Yes, I'm familiar with the above passage, but I was wondering if you think there is anything more specific in scripture that would identify the time of the first advent of the Messiah.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #7188
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Yes, I'm familiar with the above passage, but I was wondering if you think there is anything more specific in scripture that would identify the time of the first advent of the Messiah.
You must have a concrete prophecy in mind leading to a point. I'll need your help in that. Beyond again, acknowledging from Gal 4:4 that all things came together according to divine wisdom, I don't recall a specific prophecy about timing of the Incarnation impacting my Christology as much as the implications of the Incarnation itself.

Forgive me. I'm trying to get #7, Napa Rules into the opening exacta at Gulfstream.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:10 AM   #7189
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Does anyone know if he's all right? Could he have caught Covid 19? I hope not but as far as I know it's possible.
I think he was up to posting between bedside intravenous sessions that has extended his life. He was or is struggling with serious health issues. By his own posts he admitted he was not doing well.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #7190
boxcar

Quote:
You must have a concrete prophecy in mind leading to a point. I'll need your help in that. Beyond again, acknowledging from Gal 4:4 that all things came together according to divine wisdom, I don't recall a specific prophecy about timing of the Incarnation impacting my Christology as much as the implications of the Incarnation itself.

Forgive me. I'm trying to get #7, Napa Rules into the opening exacta at Gulfstream.
I do have a specific prophecy in mind: Daniel's "70 Weeks" in chapter 9. This prophecy provides us with the narrow time frame for the first advent.

P.S. Good luck on your exacta and all your other wagers today, as well.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #7191
thaskalos

Quote:
Thank you.

I occasionally check the other side of the forum for anything that will help my game, which is thriving currently...
I wish you continued success.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #7192
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why sad? Light has always placed great emphasis on feelings and experiences. Perhaps his way to God is through the erotic pleasures of sexual stimulation. I mean...don't you think orgasms are pretty intense feelings? Or wouldn't you know?
If this is your attempt at acting as the "cool Born-Again dude"....it's failing...miserably...
Old 04-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #7193
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I do have a specific prophecy in mind: Daniel's "70 Weeks" in chapter 9. This prophecy provides us with the narrow time frame for the first advent.

P.S. Good luck on your exacta and all your other wagers today, as well.
Oh boy...I knew you were going to say that one
Old 04-24-2021, 01:21 PM   #7194
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Allow me...

Quote:
What does the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 really mean? Messianic Jews believe that the 70 weeks of prophecy in the Book of Daniel have been fulfilled in the time of Jesus. Also, does the word "ka'ari" in Psalm 22:16​ mean "pierced" or "like a lion? Rabbi Tovia Singer answers the challenge excellently.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #7195
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Of course, the Messianic Jews are right. The 70 Weeks prophecy in Daniel is a messianic one!
Old 04-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #7196
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You need to watch the video. All will be explained as to why you have been led astray by deliberate lies.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #7197
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

OR...you need to jettison the Old Testament (specifically Torah)...because it's clear you don't believe it is the word of God.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #7198
boxcar

Quote:
You need to watch the video. All will be explained as to why you have been led astray by deliberate lies.
I will not waste my time watching or listening to a strike out artist, who has gotten anything right yet!

Does Singer know what the "70 Weeks" are? Does he even know that much?
Old 04-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #7199
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I will not waste my time watching or listening to a strike out artist, who has gotten anything right yet!

Does Singer know what the "70 Weeks" are? Does he even know that much?
Talk about raising the white flag

Willful ignorance looks good on you...so on second thought...keep doing you
Old 04-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #7200
boxcar

Quote:
Talk about raising the white flag

Willful ignorance looks good on you...so on second thought...keep doing you
How often ,Mr. Pot, do you call the Kettle black?

Singer is a strike out artist. He didn't get the first few examples right, and he certainly won't get Daniel 9 right.

But...for your info I did listen to about the first 13 minutes of the vid and that told me all I needed to know. He did not disappoint. It confirmed my well-grounded suspicions that rabbi Singer is as clueless as they come. He is so far off base about the 70 weeks, he would never in a 1,000 lifetimes figure it out. But to be fair and balanced, the messianic Jew with whom Singer engaged wasn't much better! The messianic Jewish guy probably meant well, but also approached the 70 Weeks prophecy all wrong!

It appears that both Singer and the messianic Jew believed that the 70 Weeks represented 490 literal years! This is their first big mistake. The 70 Weeks (literally -- Seventy Sevens) is a symbolic number that is actually referring to sabbatical years. Also, the numbers 7 and 10 in scripture are important numbers -- sometimes to be taken literally and sometimes not! The number 7 symbolizes qualitative perfection, while the number 10 typically symbolizes quantitative perfection.

It might come to shock some people (even the few Christians here) that the 70 years of Babylonian captivity, which Jeremiah predicted and which Daniel prayed about in chapter 9 were not literal years. The were approximate years. The Jews, technically were in exile for about 67 or 68 years, according to some learned scholars. Therefore, there was a reason why the prophet Jeremiah, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, rounded those years up to 70 -- that particular captivity being 1/7 of Daniel's "490" years. In other words, the Jews were in captivity for 10 sabbatical years. (Suffice it to say for now that a sabbatical year in the OT was every 7 years.)

But having said that does not mean that we can't know with precision the starting point of Daniel's prophecy and its termination point, even though the years are symbolic.