Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Dave Schwartz

Do you know what a vibration plate machine is?

If you do, then you should appreciate this story.

If you don't, well, here's a link:
https://powerplate.com/

They are amazing machines.

Funny story...

I have a friend who owns a small training studio who specializes in vibration plate coaching. He's got 4 Power Plate machines (commercial grade; $14k each).

He's got a couple of other very high-tech tools which fits in perfectly with his rather old clientele.

One of the machines was malfunctioning and he hired a company from California to send one of their technicians to fix it.

The guy had the whole thing apart on the floor for like 4 hours and eventually announced that he'd located the problem and fixed it.

He said, "It was making an awful vibration, so I had to GLUE many of the pieces together to get it to stop. It was a lot of work and here's my bill for $475."

My friend was, of course, more than livid and demanded that the guy put it back the way it was.

The company wanted TWO-THOUSAND DOLLARS to de-glue the thing!

Eventually they settled for NOTHING + GTFO and he found somebody who really knew what he was doing.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
woodtoo

I was thinking it was a machine used in concrete pouring and it turns out either way a hilarious story lol.

Last edited by woodtoo; 08-27-2021 at 07:44 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Is that the machine I saw Carmen Electra riding across the floor on Howard Stern?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 09:43 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Is that the machine I saw Carmen Electra riding across the floor on Howard Stern?
Well, the "tower" was probably shorter.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:26 PM   #5
Greyfox

....and the moral of the story is...

"IF THE GLUE FITS, WEAR IT!" (Groan here. )
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2021, 09:28 AM   #6
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I was thinking it was a machine used in concrete pouring and it turns out either way a hilarious story lol.
Me To, First thing I thought of was a plate compactor. Boy! was I wrong. I thought Dave was doing some work around his place.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
stuball

Thumbs up Yes

Yes I have heard of it and I have one. After extensive research I settled on the LIFEPRO RUMBLEX 4D at about $400 from Amazon. I priced some anywhere from $900 to $3000 warantys were from 1 yr to 2 years.. The Lifepro was LIFETIME WARRANTY I was amazed a real lifetime not the scam limited lifetime. I got mine about July 9 and followed the suggestion to start slowly very important to start slowly and slowly work up speed (1 to 60) and time from 1 minute to 15 minutes per session. Max should be 30 min a day. I have slowly worked up to speed 15 time 7 minutes per session twice a day. I realize this thread was questioning the validity of the machines which have many benefits.
Last fall I went for my semi annual cancer checkup and the doctor said my blood results were mostly pretty good except my liver numbers AST and ALT were elevated nearly 100 for both. I just had blood work done for my annual medicare physical coming Monday. I also looked up a supplement to take to improve my Liver function so about 2 weeks ago I started takinf 250 mg of Choline. My numbers are now down to about 50 for both numbers.. also I am feeling better. Sorry I did not want to write a book about this but I am excited the this is working. Any questions I would be happy to reply to this.
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2021, 01:32 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Old 08-28-2021, 01:35 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
....and the moral of the story is...

"IF THE GLUE FITS, WEAR IT!" (Groan here. )
Old 08-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #10
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
Yes I have heard of it and I have one. After extensive research I settled on the LIFEPRO RUMBLEX 4D at about $400 from Amazon. I priced some anywhere from $900 to $3000 warantys were from 1 yr to 2 years.. The Lifepro was LIFETIME WARRANTY I was amazed a real lifetime not the scam limited lifetime. I got mine about July 9 and followed the suggestion to start slowly very important to start slowly and slowly work up speed (1 to 60) and time from 1 minute to 15 minutes per session. Max should be 30 min a day. I have slowly worked up to speed 15 time 7 minutes per session twice a day. I realize this thread was questioning the validity of the machines which have many benefits.
Last fall I went for my semi annual cancer checkup and the doctor said my blood results were mostly pretty good except my liver numbers AST and ALT were elevated nearly 100 for both. I just had blood work done for my annual medicare physical coming Monday. I also looked up a supplement to take to improve my Liver function so about 2 weeks ago I started takinf 250 mg of Choline. My numbers are now down to about 50 for both numbers.. also I am feeling better. Sorry I did not want to write a book about this but I am excited the this is working. Any questions I would be happy to reply to this.
Wonderful news on your numbers turning around.

Stuball, like you, I am dedicated to improving my health. Reach out privately if you have a mind to.

Last year I lost 41 pounds and my numbers are beginning to look like age 25 again. (Except for my diabetes - but even those numbers are better than ever.)

What has made all the difference is the hi-tech solutions and an interesting application of vitamin B12.

About the Vibration Plate...
I have this one and use it daily.
Bought in 2015.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a newer & slightly better version available for $797 here:
https://healthandmed.com/collections...-plate-machine

The difference between your machine & mine is the vibration speed. They call mine a "60 Hz" but having spent quite a bit of time on that $14k Power Plate, I know it isn't 60Hz, but more like 30Hz.

10Hz is really for massage as opposed to strength building.