Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Wait...a Cesar Chavez bust?

This Cesar Chavez?

Quote:
Chavez increasingly blamed the failure of the UFW strike on illegal immigrants who were brought in as strikebreakers.[240] He made the unsubstantiated claim that the CIA was involved in part of a conspiracy to bring illegal migrants into the country so that they could undermine his union.[241] He launched the "Illegals Campaign" to identify illegal migrants so that they could be deported, appointing Liza Hirsch to oversee the campaign.[240][242] In Chavez's view, "if we can get the illegals out of California, we will win the strike overnight."[243] Huerta urged him not to refer to migrants who had come to the U.S. illegally as "illegals" but Chavez refused, stating: "a spade's a spade."[243] Some UFW field offices refused to collaborate with the campaign,[243] and the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) refused to allow its interns to work on it, at which Chavez cut the UFW's links with the NLG.[243]
Wow. Sounds like Trump doesn't he?

And this is the guy Biden puts a bust of on his mantle?

Somebody better tell Joe what Chavez thought of "noncitizens" trying to come to the United States...he really, REALLY didn't like them.

In fact:

Quote:
While Chavez had been in Europe, his cousin Manuel Chavez had established a UFW patrol, or "wet line", along Arizona's border with Mexico to stop illegal migrants crossing into the United States.[245] There were rumors that this patrol was employing violence against these migrants, beating and robbing them and in one case castrating a man. These allegations soon appeared in the local press.[246] A Mexican investigation determined that the UFW had bribed San Luis city officials to prevent them from interfering in these activities along the border.[247] A Mexican union, the Confederation of Mexican Workers, broke its links with the UFW over the issue.[248] Chavez dismissed the reports of violence as the smears of paid provocateurs,[240] a claim which many of his supporters accepted.[249] Chavez protected Manuel,[250] while the executive board kept silent on his activities, regarding him as useful.[251] The Chicano activist Bert Corona staged a protest against the UFW wet line, at which Chavez directed Jerry Cohen to launch an investigation into the funding of Corona's group.[243]
Wow. What tactics. Trump would be envious, right?

And THIS is the guy Biden honors...hmmmm....

Joe, you ok man?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Chavez

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-22-2021 at 01:30 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
davew

a problem when most of your advisors and people writing all of your presidential executive orders (laws) are born in the 90's.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I am so ASHAMED of my new President, that he would chose to honor a man who was SO HORRIBLE to noncitizens just trying to come to this country for a better life...and to escape oppression in their homeland.

What can be done to correct this? Can we impeach or somehow cancel Biden over this terrible and surely RACIST display?
Old 01-22-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Come on man, it's not Joe's fault. He sent an intern to get a bust of Cesar Millan and they came back with the wrong Cesar. You know, the Dog Whisperer guy? He helped Joe train his naughty pup after the dog made Joe chase him while naked, through the house to pull his tail, and made him break his foot!

Heads (or busts) will roll because of this!
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 02:07 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

"Salute the Marines!"
Old 01-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #6
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
a problem when most of your advisors and people writing all of your presidential executive orders (laws) are born in the 90's.
They seen a box that said Chavez and thought "That must be the Guy on the T shirt". When they opened the box they wondered where's his hat was. When Joe seen it he thought it was one of those Kennedy Boys.

It will be replaced without mention at some point.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Veteran

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...2bbc175f1625f0

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No...really....read about Chavez and his attitudes towards "noncitizens" and how he treated them. Then come back to me and tell me he should be honored in the oval office.

Biden might as well have put a bust of TRUMP on there...same thing...
Old 01-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
They seen a box that said Chavez and thought "That must be the Guy on the T shirt". When they opened the box they wondered where's his hat was. When Joe seen it he thought it was one of those Kennedy Boys.

It will be replaced without mention at some point.
I actually thought it was a bust of Eleanor Roosevelt at first...I was like WTF man?
Old 01-22-2021, 02:30 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No...really....read about Chavez and his attitudes towards "noncitizens" and how he treated them. Then come back to me and tell me he should be honored in the oval office.
I'm not suggesting he was completely above reproach, but it's complicated. A good piece that explains why:

https://medium.com/22westmag/a-flawed-hero-547cfea556bf
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #11
OntheRail

Quote:
I am so ASHAMED of my new President, that he would chose to honor a man who was SO HORRIBLE to noncitizens just trying to come to this country for a better life...and to escape oppression in their homeland.

What can be done to correct this? Can we impeach or somehow cancel Biden over this terrible and surely RACIST display?
They don't cancel the left... Harris is proof of that. I mean if they can overlook the fact she is a direct descendant of a slave owner and trader. You think they will be up in arms about a burst of the guy that ran the Wet Wall... beat illegals trying to cross with chains to drive them back and discourage others from trying. Come On Man.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm not suggesting he was completely above reproach, but it's complicated. A good piece that explains why:

https://medium.com/22westmag/a-flawed-hero-547cfea556bf
Yeah, it's always "complicated" when it comes to the unsavory parts of Dem/Left heroes....

Funny how that works.

It's so COMPLICATED, that's why it never GETS REPORTED BY THE MSM. They are too stupid to understand, thus they can't possibly report on such complicated matters.

I've finally figured it out!

EUREKA!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-22-2021 at 02:51 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Yeah, it's always "complicated" when it comes to the unsavory parts of Dem/Left heroes....

Funny how that works.

It's so COMPLICATED, that's why it never GETS REPORTED BY THE MSM. They are too stupid to understand, thus they can't possibly report on such complicated matters.

I've finally figured it out!

EUREKA!
Don’t forget. Nuance......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: