Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Saturday, June 16

Race One:

5 NY WHITESOX. This guy ships down Route #17 from Monticello Raceway. Driver Victor Kirby ships up from the mid-Atlantic to handle the lines for one of Monticello’s top trainers, Bob Lounsbury. This Artiscape-bred gelding comes back quickly from his most recent start. Yet, that shouldn’t be a problem. In this field, against this company… He should be there. Caveat: Don’t expect much at the windows or ADWs. Others: 1 Meat Loaf; 3 Wellwesaid; 6 Stormin Rustler.

Race Two:

Two horses catch my eye: 4 DEALT A WINNER and 6 WESTERN FAME. Dealt a Winner’s first pari-mutuel start saw him finishing off the board at Pocono, but in excellent time. He should build on that one. Tighter. Stronger. Ready? I think so. Driver switch to Jimmy Marohn, Jr. Mark Silva trains. Western Fame ran an excellent race against a “world-beater” winner. No chance. “The Thunder from ‘Down Under’,” Aussie-born, Andy McCarthy, handles the reins. Is there enough speed to set it up? Does he go to the top? Jimmy Takter trains. Others: 2 Robbie Burns N; 3 Emeritus Maximus.

Race Three:

4 BYBY LANDON just missed as “the chalk” in the first leg of the Caramore series. A chance to make amends. Eric Abbatiello – “E.A…He’s in The Game”. To the front. Ration out this guy’s speed. Others: 2 Medoland Jate; 1 May I Cruise West; 3 Hefty Lefty.

Race Four:

2 IDEAL CHILL is my longshot try. Driver switch to A.M., “G’day, Mate!” Andrew McCarthy. 2nd time Lasix, an angle. This American Ideal-bred acquitted himself very well as an 80-1 shot in this last. I believe he’s “heading in the right direction”. You might consider putting a “quid” or two on his nose. Others: 1/1A Odds on Lauderdale/When I See You N; 8 Rockin Machine; 3 Picket Hanover.

Race Five:

5 ROCKINWITHTRHEBEST edged out ByBy Landon in the first leg of this Caramore series. I believe this guy can reprise that winning effort. He retains the services of the red-hot Jim Marohn, Jr. Yet, he does move a little further out; that’s a bit concerning. However, I believe this Rockin Image-bred can overcome that mid-post start. Brandon Mongiello – he’s been hot – trains. Others: 4 Reach For Infinity; 6 Astor; 7 Sir Richie N.

Race Six:

In the GNOTES Final, it’s 4 LOVE TAP HANOVER. Victor Kirby’s in the bike for trainer Brett Pelling and the owners: the Deo Volente Farms, LLC, Flemington, NJ (the Lindbergh trial). This guy was most impressive last week. He took off down the backstretch…when all was said and done he won by over three lengths. Anything resembling that effort and it will be another trip to the “Big M’s” winner’s circle. Others: 6 Yo Apollo Creed; 1/1A Gaius Crastinus/Playerosa; 3 Roger Mach Em.

Race Seven:

1 GRIFFON HANOVER draws the rail. That gives his driver, Victor Kirby, all kinds of tactical options. I can easily see him “sitting the pocket,” and then, as they move into the lane – pounce! Tom Fanning trains this Dragon Again-bred. Others: 7 Beyond Delight; 5 Mr Euroman N; 3 Good Day Mate.

Race Eight:

3 HEAVENLY SOUND got the perfect trip and scored at Tioga in NYSS competition. Can lightning strike twice? He was 10-1 in his last; I doubt you’ll get anything resembling that. It’s one of those “betwixt and betweens”. I’m hoping he gets a similar set up at “The Big M”. Andy McCarthy reprises the drive for trainer Bruce Saunders. All the pieces must fall into place. Others: 7 Awesomeness; 4 I’m A Big Deal; 8 Speed Again.

Race Nine:

5 ONE MORE MIRACLE. Billy “You Da” Mann drives, trains, and owns this Tyler B-bred 9-year old gelding. This guy was 4th in his last. I think he can improve. I believe he fits well in this company. He has been consistent, at least time-wise. Others: 6 Bay Rum; 4 Bobjacks Angle A; 3 Woodmere Ultimate.

Race Ten:

9 SWAPPORTUNITY does draw outside; yes, he has to overcome that outside starting post. Yet, he holds a class edge. Victor Kirby mans the lines. Some solid efforts at Pocono. This guy will likely be speeding away from the gate. If he can find a tuck, or even make the lead, he will be a factor. Orlando Greene trains. Others: 2 Outcry; 4 Ideal Son; 10 Hope for Badlands.

Race Eleven:

7 NOBLES FINESSE is my longshot try in the finale. Yes, he steps up. Yes, he’s outside. And yes, he’ll go off at a price. I’m a value-player. I believe this Feelin Friskie-bred represents value. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the sulky for Vincent Fusco, Jr. If this guy can find a tuck…? Well, he just might surprise. Others: 8 Quality Bud; 1 Spicebomb; 2 Rough Odds.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply