Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
dasch

Hong Kong Pp's with notes?

Are there any pp's available for Hong Kong that you can add notes for each race similar to Formulator?
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #2
woodbinepmi

I haven't found one.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:43 AM   #3
jazzfan

I have a Python script that extracts data from the hkjc site into two sqlite3 databases per raceday - one for fields prior to running and one for results a week after. I use them as standard input into a master posgres database. It wouldn't be rocket science to write a script import them into Access or Excel or whatever else tickles your fancy.

sample attached - you will need an sqlite browser to view them (there are several free ones)

https://www.google.com/search?q=sqlite+browser+windows

Let me know if you are interested, I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2018-02.zip (188.7 KB, 50 views)
jazzfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #4
dasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfan View Post
I have a Python script that extracts data from the hkjc site into two sqlite3 databases per raceday - one for fields prior to running and one for results a week after. I use them as standard input into a master posgres database. It wouldn't be rocket science to write a script import them into Access or Excel or whatever else tickles your fancy.

sample attached - you will need an sqlite browser to view them (there are several free ones)

https://www.google.com/search?q=sqlite+browser+windows

Let me know if you are interested, I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement...
Does this include race by race past performance information? Which browser do you recommend?

I am interested in race by race PP lines than I can add notes to each race. It would be nice if it was similar to Formulator where you have a note line for Day(info gets added to all horses who raced that day), Race(added to all horses in that race) and Horse. I'm not interested in any data mining, the big teams have that covered and I have no desire to compete with them for those $$.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
jazzfan

Yes the data has previous runs (Hong Kong only though).

I imagine one browser would be pretty much the same as another for viewing purposes.

The files are relational tables, I use them purely as a standard format to import into a master database. I have no idea what Formulator is, all I have is data taken from the hkjc website, which could be imported itto a spreadsheet or database. It may or may not be useful to you.

Cheers
jazzfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply