Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #196
chadk66

Imagine that a politician doing more of what he promised to do while campaigning. #electionshaveconsequences
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #197
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
State Department says Iran NEVER SIGNED nuclear deal and it's not 'legally binding' as it tells Congress to butt out of Obama's 'political commitments'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mmitments.html

A three year old article after thousands of verification hours and compliance reports. Iranians giving up centrifuges. Etc. Etc.

Try better.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #198
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

A three year old article after thousands of verification hours and compliance reports. Iranians giving up centrifuges. Etc. Etc.

Try better.
"Verification hours" doesn't = a signature. The Iranians never signed anything! There is no deal. There is no treaty. There is nothing legally binding on Iran.

The whole great Obama "deal" was a lie from the beginning. Even Obama's right hand foreign policy guy arrogantly boasted about this!

White House admits it played us for fools to sell Iran deal

https://nypost.com/2016/05/05/playin...the-iran-deal/
Old 05-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #199
tucker6

Quote:

Try better.
Actually, you are wrong.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...inding-signed/

President Obama didn’t require Iranian leaders to sign the nuclear deal that his team negotiated with the regime, and the deal is not “legally binding,” his administration acknowledged in a letter to Representative Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.) obtained by National Review. Small world eh?

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani discouraged his nation’s parliament from voting on the nuclear deal in order to avoid placing legal burdens on the regime. “If the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is sent to [and passed by] parliament, it will create an obligation for the government. It will mean the president, who has not signed it so far, will have to sign it,” Rouhani said in August. “Why should we place an unnecessary legal restriction on the Iranian people?”
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #200
elysiantraveller

You guys are really grasping at straws here. Oversight authority was through the UNSC.

UNSC Resolution 2231

Even Trump isn't making this argument.

Moving targets...

Still absolutely nothing to the massive 1, 2, 3 point post I made earlier because... you know facts don't line up with this decision.

Still not one coherent argument for leaving the agreement aside from Tuckers nothing is better than something rationale...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-09-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #201
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Another d-list has been who isn't even the funniest guy in his family must send an idiotic tweet so he can feel relevant for a second or two.

I thought you were smarter than that Fan Dan to fall for a juvenile stunt like that.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #202
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
You guys are really grasping at straws here. Oversight authority was through the UNSC.

Regardless this "fake" agreement everyone was following and complying with is now dead. Why kill something that doesn't exist?

Moving targets...

Still absolutely nothing to the massive 1, 2, 3. Point post I made earlier because... you know facts don't line up with this decision.

Still not one coherent argument for leaving the agreement.
You keep saying it's no big deal, no big deal ... well if so, why is it a big deal to you that Trump put the kabosh on it then??
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #203
boxcar

Quote:

Regardless this "fake" agreement everyone was following and complying with is now dead. Why kill something that doesn't exist?

Moving targets...

Still absolutely nothing to the massive 1, 2, 3. Point post I made earlier because... you know facts don't line up with this decision.

Still not one coherent argument for leaving the agreement.
Because Trump exposed Obama's lie to the world. It was all smoke and mirrors. Even Rhodes admitted that it was easy to dupe everyone into believing this lie -- even YOU!

And there is no agreement when it's not legally binding. What you had was one serial liar (Obama) shaking hands with another liar. Great "deal". Great "agreement" -- between two of the most trustworthy people in the world.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #204
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You keep saying it's no big deal, no big deal ... well if so, why is it a big deal to you that Trump put the kabosh on it then??
Post 190

I have articulated more on the subject than anyone here...

Keep 1.

Work on 2 and 3.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #205
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Because Trump exposed Obama's lie to the world. It was all smoke and mirrors. Even Rhodes admitted that it was easy to dupe everyone into believing this lie -- even YOU!

And there is no agreement when it's not legally binding. What you had was one serial liar (Obama) shaking hands with another liar. Great "deal". Great "agreement" -- between two of the most trustworthy people in the world.
Box... every single post you have made here I have smashed repeatedly.

Resolution 2231 was adoption of the JCPOA.

You are quoting a 3 year old article trying to discredit the legitimacy of a deal that has been in force and complied with by all parties up until yesterday.

Everytime you guys reference Obama its just more proof that this had NOTHING to do with national security and more to do about destroying Obama's legacy.

I give zero shits about anybody's legacy. I thought the deal was bad when it was created. After three years of compliance I have to admit that was wrong. My final outcome is correct though but its not Iran cheating the deal its the United States playing take backsies...

Didn't like the deal but like knowing I don't need to worry about a Iran enriching weapons grade Uranium for the foreseeable future...

You know... pragmatism.

You guys on the other hand just really want a war...
Old 05-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #206
boxcar

Quote:

You are quoting a 3 year old article trying to discredit the legitimacy of a deal that has been in force and complied with by all parties up until yesterday.

Everytime you guys reference Obama its just more proof that this had NOTHING to do with national security and more to do about destroying Obama's legacy.

I give zero shits about anybody's legacy. I thought the deal was bad when it was created. After three years of compliance I have to admit that was wrong. My final outcome is correct though but its not Iran cheating the deal its the United States playing take backsies...

Didn't like the deal but like knowing I don't need to worry about a Iran enriching weapons grade Uranium for the foreseeable future...

You know... pragmatism.

You've smashed nothing. Rhodes admitted that it was all a lie. He even mocked the MM and how gullible and stupid they are as government lapdogs.

The entire reason that Trump can pull out of this fantastic "deal" is that it's not legally binding. Congress never approved the deal and Obama knew Congress would not, so he cut his own little sweetheart deal and paid extortion money to boot to the Iranians.

From the NY Post article that I linked to earlier:

In an astounding New York Times piece by David Samuels, senior White House officials gleefully confess they use friendly reporters and nonprofits as public relations tools in the selling of President Obama’s foreign policy — and can do it almost at will because these tools are ignorant, will believe what they’re told, will essentially take dictation and are happy to be used just to get the information necessary for a tweet or two.

Their greatest triumph, according to Samuels, was selling a misleading narrative about the nuclear deal with Iran — the parameters of which were set a year before the administration claimed and which had nothing to do with the fact that a supposedly more accommodating government had risen to power.

The mastermind of the Obama machine is Ben Rhodes, a New Yorker who joined the Obama campaign as a speechwriter in 2007 and has risen to become the most influential foreign-policy hand in the White House.

Rhodes drips with contempt for almost everyone but his boss. He consigns all those who do not share every particular of the Obama-Rhodes foreign-policy perspective to a gelatinous mass called “The Blob” — including, Samuels writes, Hillary Clinton. US Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes.

He thinks as little of them as he does of the journalists he and his team must spoon-feed. “The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns,” Rhodes says. “They literally know nothing.”

Did you catch that part about a "misleading narrative"? That's what Obama did. Obama is a pathetic, narcissistic, pathological liar.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #207
tucker6

So what we had here was a verbal agreement by Iran to be good boys, and for that were given $150B in advance. Did I miss anything. Great job Obama you prick. He deserves another peace prize for that.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #208
fast4522

Quote:

You know... pragmatism.

We do not want war, we stand 110% with Israel. Iranians have been threatening to Israel to the point everything is on high alert. If the Iranians continue to make things untenable Iran will become a tomb without war. Why on Gods green earth are you for these skumbags?

Last edited by fast4522; 05-09-2018 at 09:23 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #209
tucker6

Iran attacked Israel from Syria tonight. They’re such good folk.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #210
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Iran attacked Israel from Syria tonight. They’re such good folk.
Israel bombed and killed 20 of them yesterday.

This thread has reached absurd levels. No one has anything to say of substance.

I've laid out the facts.

You guys want more conflict in the region... I get it.