Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #31
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Marino had cocaine rumors following him as I recall.
That, and he had a poor senior season at Pitt. Quickest release of any QB that I've ever seen. I enjoyed watching Dan Marino: A Football Life. It's on YT if anyone cares to see it.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #32
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
For me, jury is still out on Trubisky. He's hard to judge as last year the Bears had no receivers to speak of. I don't think that he will be terrible but I don't think he's a superstar, so somewhere between average and very good. I also thought that Watson was the best QB prospect last year -- good skills and could win games.

I also agree that this year's QBs are overrated. It's possible based on college wins that Mayfield could have a nice career. For me there's just too much negative stuff. If he pulls that mouthy college crap in the NFL he's going to be on his ass a lot.
I agree the jury is out (on Trubisky) and the complete lack of receiving ability last year really hurt. But I liked his pocket presence, and he only started 13-15 games at the college level so there still is some upside. He will need to improve, but I think he will. Maybe a QB who will have a rating between 90 and 95. I think Bear fans would definitely take that.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #33
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
That, and he had a poor senior season at Pitt. Quickest release of any QB that I've ever seen. I enjoyed watching Dan Marino: A Football Life. It's on YT if anyone cares to see it.
Wasn't there a time when there was rumors of Marino being traded to the Raiders sometime in the 90s? I would have LOVED for that to happen. Marino having Jett, Brown, Ismail and Gault to go long - 4 targets that can pretty much outrun anything on the ground and can keep up with his cannon arm.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #34
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I've heard that, I wonder if it was true. The Dolphins probably started the rumors.
No, I was at PSU during that time and the rumors were strong his senior year. I believe them to be true, and that he was able to extract himself from it, but we will never know.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #35
proximity

i'd been working on a script for a movie called DRAFT DAY II where the browns traded themselves for the top pick but ultimately mr Costner told me to enjoy my pancakes.

I think the bears could end up winning this one if quenton nelson falls to them.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #36
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
i'd been working on a script for a movie called DRAFT DAY II where the browns traded themselves for the top pick but ultimately mr Costner told me to enjoy my pancakes.

I think the bears could end up winning this one if quenton nelson falls to them.
Don't even tell me you're a Bears fan...
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #37
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Don't even tell me you're a Bears fan...
indianapoloss.

we probably take roquan smith or (if available) Bradley chubb if we don't trade.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #38
Valuist

At 4, Chubb was there for Cleveland to take, and they take a guy who could've gone in the 15-20 range. I guess that's why they are the Browns.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #39
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
At 4, Chubb was there for Cleveland to take, and they take a guy who could've gone in the 15-20 range. I guess that's why they are the Browns.
Or Nelson to protect their new QB
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #40
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Yeah, that shocked me.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #41
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Cleveland had 2 of the 1st 4 picks in the NFL draft. THE NFL, where a bunch of very big people other than you and I, are making a living running into one another on a weekly basis 16 times a year, or more.

With their 2 selections, in a MAN's game, Clevelend picked 2 guys that don't complete 12 feet and/or 400 pounds.

2 of THE very 1st 4 picks.

Meet the new Browns office, same as the old Browns office.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 04-27-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #42
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Cleveland had 2 of the 1st 4 picks in the NFL draft. THE NFL, where a bunch of very big people other than you and I, are making a living running into one another on a weekly basis 16 times a year, or more.

With their 2 selections, in a MAN's game, Clevelend picked 2 guys that don't complete 12 feet and/or 400 pounds.

2 of THE very 1st 4 picks.

Meet the new Browns office, same as the old Browns office.
I could live with Mayfield as the # 1 but Ward at #4 was plain idiotic.If you wanted him that badly trade back to around 8 or 9 ,get some extra picks and chances are Ward would still be there.He wasn't even the best CB,let alone DB.Guys like Chubb don't come along every day.

Agree 100% with your last sentence.Too bad because the Browns fans are so loyal, they deserve better.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: