Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Sale Outs

Can anyone here tell me what the major reason is for a sale out? Does it mean there is something wrong with the horse? My cousin was looking at a Giant's Causeway colt in the OBS sale next week and he is now on the sale out list.

Sorry for the ignorance.

Is it possible they are just holding off until the March sale with him?

Last edited by Moyers Pond; 02-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Moyers Pond is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyers Pond
Can anyone here tell me what the major reason is for a sale out? Does it mean there is something wrong with the horse? My cousin was looking at a Giant's Causeway colt in the OBS sale next week and he is now on the sale out list.

Sorry for the ignorance.

Is it possible they are just holding off until the March sale with him?
all it means is that the seller has decided to withdraw the horse from the sale. could be a number of reasons, one of them could be that they sold the horse prior to the sale privately or the seller might have developed a change of heart and wants to keep the horse.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Moyers Pond
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
all it means is that the seller has decided to withdraw the horse from the sale. could be a number of reasons, one of them could be that they sold the horse prior to the sale privately or the seller might have developed a change of heart and wants to keep the horse.
Thanks. I thought it might have meant the horse was injured or not training well, but might be put in a later sale. I guess that is a possibility, but sounds like it is more likely the horse will never pass through the sales ring.
Moyers Pond is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
the Bid

It could be alot of things. maybe they changed their minds. Maybe they decided that they were not getting the interest that they expected. Maybe he hurt himself, either something minor but cosmetic or more serious. He could have been sold privately as well. Nominations to sales are made well in advance to allow time for production of the catalog and for inspections of horses if it is a select sale. Alot can happen between the time a horse is accepted into a sale and the opening session.
He may turn up at a later sale. Keep checking the online catalogs.