Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #31
Cangamble
Agitator

No mention of Katie from Hawthorne just for shear cutie pieness.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In case anyone didn't know, Jan Rushton resigned from NYRA back in May, in order to take care of her ailing brother in South Carolina...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ushton-resigns
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Jill Byrne

Jessica Pacheco/Christina Olivares on the rise.....

Jan Rushton when she returns

....and I am a fan of Nancy Ury.
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #34
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
Based upon KNOWLEDGE of the game

Rushton at NYRA, Ellisa Blowe and Rene Kierans at Woodbine

IN HER DAY: Charlsie Canty
Sorry, but there is a section of this that just cracks me up. Not saying anything more.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #35
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Owner
Jeanine Edwards
Good call Maryland; Love Jeannine. .
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #36
Rapid Grey
Veteran

Jeannine and Christine do great interviews but not so much on the handicapping side. Also surprised that Christine hasn't expanded her horizons so to speak and moved on to a larger stage, kind of like Jeannine with ESPN. She has the talent for better things.

Ellisa and Jill are both a wealth of knowledge, can really tell they've been around the game. Would love to see Ellisa fill in for Jan Rushton during her absence, she would look good in some of those hats.

Think Jessica has A.D.D., she's always doing something quirky or making face or hand gestures when doing the pre-race stuff with John G. Dooley.
Rapid Grey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #37
turfbar
Veteran

Wink Jessica Jessica

Jessica is so animated wow just so sexy HARD to focus on horse racing ,and the rest of the filly and mare staff at Arlington Park are worth mentioning

I liked Donna Barton . WOT HAPPEN to the Bealuh girls 2 many cheeseburgers and Buds.

P.S. Jessica if you read this and need an agent call me
turfbar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #38
Valuist

Jeannine Edwards has made negative comments in the past about handicappers. The game doesn't need people like her. A couple posts earlier it mentioned she'll do interviews but doesn't add any handicapping insight. Its clear she can't.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #39
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
In case anyone didn't know, Jan Rushton resigned from NYRA back in May, in order to take care of her ailing brother in South Carolina...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ushton-resigns
one real classy gal. i hope her brother is doing better, and i am sure we all wish her well
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #40
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
one real classy gal. i hope her brother is doing better, and i am sure we all wish her well
As a follower of belmont and Aqueduct i can speak to the professionalism and knowledge of Jan Rushton....Her knowledge of the game and her handicapping insights...some garnered right from the trainers who never hesitated to speak with her.this was so because i never heard her criticize anyone in any way.A true professional and a genuine sweetheart and very attractive as well.
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #41
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
As a follower of belmont and Aqueduct i can speak to the professionalism and knowledge of Jan Rushton....Her knowledge of the game and her handicapping insights...some garnered right from the trainers who never hesitated to speak with her.this was so because i never heard her criticize anyone in any way.A true professional and a genuine sweetheart and very attractive as well.
one time i spoke to her in the paddock before a stake race that i had a horse in. the rider fell off my horse right out of the gate, she came over to speak to me and try to warm me up.

she is a great warm person that really knows the meaning of life. that is why she gave up her job to be with her brother.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #42
Otis11

Nancy at MNR gives some very insightful pointers. She, however, rarely goes out on a limb with her picks.

Which is why I like Jessica. To me, she's not afraid to pick some longshots regularly. Jessica's picks are ones I will look over if she differs from what I have.

And, since I'm a homer I have to give a vote to Andrea Ritter who does the pregame analysis at Pinnacle. She may be young but she has been around the industry her whole life and really understands the game. Only, knock on Andrea is she leans to the chalk but when you're 'capping Pinnacle what choice do you have?

Otis11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #43
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Originally Posted by Cangamble
Jessica for sure.

She has a real quirkiness to her voice that grabs my attention.

I was going to vote the same way, even though I'm not sure I've ever heard her voice

How weird is that ? I'm watching Jessica and her partner run down Arlington today and thinking man... she's got it going ! Those clothes and that angle tilt of her head do it for me. Mmmmmmmm... So, I log on and this is the first thing I see.

I do agree also with Jill Byrne & Jan Rushton- nice professionl touches and Rene Kierans from the aforementioned WO.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
toetoe
Veteran

JPach and Maggie Wolfendale, the babe at Colonial Downs. , .
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #45
BlueShoe

Like so many others,really miss Jan Rushton and do hope for her return at some point in the future.Of those working today,Jill Byrne is at the top of the class.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: