Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #16
ranchwest

I download the ProCaps files off the monthly plan. Sometimes I use the TSN generator and then I have 4 or 5 different formats I've developed. Some of mine have a lot of data, some have condensed data. If I want to check out data that's not on one, I pull up another one. I've also got a number of custom reports.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #17
hoovesupsideyourhe

drf /tgs / video/ all are good .......together they are deadly
hoovesupsideyourhe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #18
Fingal

I download the comma deleated file from TSN ( only .50 each track ), run it through a program to get my contenders & then print out the PPs using their free custom PP generator with my filters in place.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #19
KMS

Trackmaster Flashnet. Cheap and has the information I need.
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
coastkid

Still the Best

DRF
coastkid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #21
HEY DUDE
DIGITALLY INCORRECT

I like both DRF and BRIS. However, I prefer BRIS ULTIMATE. I think the last page of data is usefull. Plus I like the way they track the BIAS.
HEY DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
SupersRFun

Thanks

Looks like everyone has there own personal likes on this one. I'll try TSN or BRIS a couple of times. They are cheaper anyway.

I notice that TSN is missing "prime power ranking" or something like that, is that figure that useful?

I didn't realize that the Beyer numbers and speed numbers of Bris would be different on the same days form. Are the numbers that different? Do they have different meanings? If not, why would they be different? Is pace info very reliable? Sorry for all the newb questions....
SupersRFun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
BombsAway Bob
DimeSupers Really Are!

Drf is my comfort zone..+40 yrs. will do that

I remember when the Racing Form was in the large, USA Today-size format.
I Always use DRF for NYRA & So.Cal. cards. FREE PP's from TwinSpires & now TVG allow me to peruse small tracks at no cost. TVG's PP's are the WORST, by far.
I like to get FREE T.S. PP's on Monday for Wednesday NYRA/Suffolk cards, giving me an early idea of the races. Then Wednesday, Leominster News goes to NY & Picks up Wed/Thur. DRF's to sell, & I'll buy both. It sucks not being able to get DRF's in advance on Tuesdays & Thursdays, but the NEWSGUY says it's not worth going to get them more than 3 times a week @ $4 a gallon.! (He used the same argument @ $3, so I have NO SHOT now!).
I also scoop up the FREE Thoro-Graph charts they offer between X-Mas & New Years. Other than 'The Great Race Place', racing's pretty poor quality then, & Thoro-Graph sometimes ferrets out Nice Prices for the Holidays!
[/url]
BombsAway Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersRFun
Looks like everyone has there own personal likes on this one. I'll try TSN or BRIS a couple of times. They are cheaper anyway.

I notice that TSN is missing "prime power ranking" or something like that, is that figure that useful?

I didn't realize that the Beyer numbers and speed numbers of Bris would be different on the same days form. Are the numbers that different? Do they have different meanings? If not, why would they be different? Is pace info very reliable? Sorry for all the newb questions....
tsn and bris even have different speed and pace numbers..Tsn has a power rating figure. I really dont' pay attention to it though.
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #25
ezrabrooks
Veteran

I use the TSN Ultimate PP's, using their custom card feature. Monthly plan is $90, for unlimited downloads. More than enough information
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
Stevie Belmont

DRF
Old 06-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
ranchwest

Quote:

ProCaps files are the TSN files with a few fields populated that aren't in the TSN files. One is a power ranking similar to the Prime Power Ranking.

I think the individual files cost more than the TSN fiiles, but the monthly rate is the same.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #28
SupersRFun

Damn. I was gonna swith to Bris, but alot of you seem to like DRF. Since I already understand that one fully, I guess I'll just stick to it.
Does anyone have more info on the pace numbers on Bris or TSN? Are they that useful/reliable?

Does anyone know why the speed numbers would be different from DRF to Bris to TSN?

Thanks for bearing with me,

Newb
SupersRFun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #29
socantra

Quote:
Does anyone have more info on the pace numbers on Bris or TSN? Are they that useful/reliable?

Does anyone know why the speed numbers would be different from DRF to Bris to TSN?
The only one who can really answer the question about the usefulness or reliability of the numbers of any particular service is you, depending on your own records.

People are reasonably helpful here, but never forget that we are the competition, and its somewhat hard to tell if any particular person's opinion is worth anything or not.

I think dick Schmidt says it best. Never let anyone else do your thinking for you.

The speed ratings are different from DRF to BRIS to TSN because they are based on completely different pars, point values and measurement scales. A fifth of a second at six furlongs is worth 2.8 Beyer points and only 1.67 BRIS points. I'm not sure if anyone can say exactly what the difference between BRIS and TSN is.

Find a past performance you are comfortable with and learn everything you possibly can abou them.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #30
Viruss

Hello Guys

I use the Bris PP generator. I like the Prime Power rating as a start to my handicapping i know that the top 4 win about 80% of the time at my track .
The PP generator will also put them in what ever order you want Prim power ,ml running style.

As far as what the better PP its all up to the users and their preferances. I still like the Beyers better then the Bris Speed figs.

Earl J
Viruss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply