Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #616
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Yes, but is it higher than Al Gore's center of the earth?

Why did the coldest recorded temperature ever, occur in the last 10 years? global warming?
The coldest temperature ever was minus 89 Fahrenheit in Antarctica, measured in the relatively recent past, 1983.

There is a difference between a local event and a worldwide event.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #617
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
The coldest temperature ever was minus 89 Fahrenheit in Antarctica, measured in the relatively recent past, 1983.

I am 100% positive that this was not the coldest this rock has ever been at any pole, at any time, in its life.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #618
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I am 100% positive that this was not the coldest this rock has ever been at any pole, at any time, in its life.
more recent minus 144 F, but unofficial because satellite estimate

http://strangesounds.org/2018/06/lik...ntarctica.html
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #619
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post

Halvey, you meant to say Celsius:

The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2018, 10:12 PM   #620
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983.
I was at the Bengals Chargers Freezer Bowl in 1981, and it was colder than that.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #621
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Halvey, you meant to say Celsius:

You all forget this rock is over 5 Billion years old.

At some point in time, it was undoubtedly close to absolute zero. That would be -273 degrees Celsius and/or -459 degrees Fahrenheit.

The entire reality of this discussion is whether this rock can inhabit our very vulnerable bodies if and when a degree of Celsius should move on the meter.

Remember "Save the Planet". Moved to "Global Warming" and is now "Climate Change".

We aren't saving shit. If you think you'll be able to sanction and control China, India, and the entire European Union, then you are crazier than Maxine Waters.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try, but at least make it a much more worthy effort than the Paris Accord.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #622
davew

I think the latest is climate disruption, so it can take into account any weather or environmental extreme ... hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzard, volcano eruption, tsunami, melting glacier, sun spots .....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #623
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You all forget this rock is over 5 Billion years old.

At some point in time, it was undoubtedly close to absolute zero. That would be -273 degrees Celsius and/or -459 degrees Fahrenheit.
The sun is older than the earth, therefore the above statement you made was never true....
Old 10-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #624
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
The sun is older than the earth, therefore the above statement you made was never true....

I never talked about the Sun.

Keep your focus.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #625
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I think the latest is climate disruption, so it can take into account any weather or environmental extreme ... hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzard, volcano eruption, tsunami, melting glacier, sun spots .....
Think about it like this, the earth has been doing its thing since like forever. Nothing is going to change that, same for our sun. Tomorrow or several hundred years of tomorrows could be nothing new, including another near extintion event. What was will someday be again, only difference the filthy rich and government officials have underground bunkers if there is enough warning for them to get to them. An eight mile rock hitting us will block out the sun for two years wiping out 90 % of the living. Or nothing like that for 500 years, sure as shit we will be in no position to change cards we get.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #626
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I never talked about the Sun.

Keep your focus.
You didn't need to, it was a given....Absolute zero is space VOID of matter. You're hypothesis fails.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:55 AM   #627
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Think about it like this, the earth has been doing its thing since like forever. Nothing is going to change that, same for our sun. Tomorrow or several hundred years of tomorrows could be nothing new, including another near extintion event. What was will someday be again, only difference the filthy rich and government officials have underground bunkers if there is enough warning for them to get to them. An eight mile rock hitting us will block out the sun for two years wiping out 90 % of the living. Or nothing like that for 500 years, sure as shit we will be in no position to change cards we get.

Love you fast, but that was incoherent babble.

We, and many others are tracking asteroids. Our atmosphere kills 99.9999% of this type of asteroid/debis.

Quit scaring people.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:25 AM   #628
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I understand, Dan Pena totally destroys your position. In essence the first one shows how badly you waste your time.
As I thought, he has no credentials as a scientist or climatologist. He is entitled to his opinion but not entitle to his own facts. Just like you and all the other anti-scientific "experts" on this board.

I will not watch his videos. Is there any documentation summarizing his opinion on AGW?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 01:35 AM   #629
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Climate Alarmist suse to ride around on their high horses preaching down to us. Now that we know horse farts are part of the problem, they had to adapt to high bicycles.
Amazing! I post facts and science, and since you are oblivious to the scientific method, you and Dirt think I am "preaching down" to you and being condescending.

Really? Are you gents ten or eleven?
Old 10-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #630
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
As he became older he became more dependent on oil
I am legally blind. I no longer drive and am less dependent on oil.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: