Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How many votes to confirm will Kavanaugh get?
52 or more 51 56.67%
51 13 14.44%
50 14 15.56%
Less than 50 12 13.33%
Voters: 90. This poll is closed

Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #76
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I question that logic. How does failure = big turnout? How does not delivering the goods = a big turnout? How does a party loaded with RINO saboteurs sympathetic to the dimwits = a big turnout? How does a party shooting the bird at their president = a big turnout?
By failure I suppose you mean he was voted down. If that's the case it will further piss off the people that are either independent or RINO's as you call them. We see a man who was attacked by lies. Dems couldn't vote him down on his record, they had to fabricate a story to defame him

It backfired, even if voted down. I've never voted straight repub before but will now. In short, I'm upset with the dirty trick. Lot of people like me are (RINO's and Indy's)
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #77
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'm taking a page from the democrat's playbook and voting TWICE in November.

Might even see who else I can "dig up" and offer them a ride to the polls.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #78
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
He's convinced on an issue where we are running a nearly 25 point deficit in the gender gap this whole thing is going to help Republicans.

Can't argue with math.

The smart move was yanking him. Ramming him through is going to cost the party a tremendous amount of political capital going forward.
Yeah, okay. Makes perfectly good nonsense.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #79
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
By failure I suppose you mean he was voted down. If that's the case it will further piss off the people that are either independent or RINO's as you call them. We see a man who was attacked by lies. Dems couldn't vote him down on his record, they had to fabricate a story to defame him

It backfired, even if voted down. I've never voted straight repub before but will now. In short, I'm upset with the dirty trick. Lot of people like me are (RINO's and Indy's)
No, it will not have backfired. The Dems will win if he's voted down. If the Republicans, who are the majority party in the senate, can't get the job done, that will not instill confidence or inspire people to vote for more Republicans since at the end of the day,it would be the Republicans who caused Kavanaugh's defeat. After the show is over, the drama has been played out, what people will remember the most is the FINAL ACT -- the voting. In order for Kavanaugh to lose, he will have to lose enough Republican support to get that kind of result.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #80
elysiantraveller

Quote:
No, it will not have backfired. The Dems will win if he's voted down. If the Republicans, who are the majority party in the senate, can't get the job done, that will not instill confidence or inspire people to vote for more Republicans since at the end of the day,it would be the Republicans who caused Kavanaugh's defeat. After the show is over, the drama has been played out, what people will remember the most is the FINAL ACT -- the voting. In order for Kavanaugh to lose, he will have to lose enough Republican support to get that kind of result.
You have an election in 30 days.

If he's voted down Republican intensity will remain neutral or likely increase. Democrat intensity will no doubt take a hit... especially if Barrett is nominated next.

If he's voted up Republican intensity will drop because "Mission Accomplished" and Democrat intensity will increase.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #81
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You have an election in 30 days.

If he's voted down Republican intensity will remain neutral or likely increase. Democrat intensity will no doubt take a hit... especially if Barrett is nominated next.

If he's voted up Republican intensity will drop because "Mission Accomplished" and Democrat intensity will increase.
You have it all backwards. If K is confirmed, that will energize the Trump base and independents because they'll understand that the only good dimwit is a dead one -- one who who has fallen in the voting.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #82
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Do not agree - the mission now is, to many of us - BURY the dems for being scumbags.

WE have seen the GOP finally stand up and grow a set and we like it. We like the in your face new attitudes. We like abusing democrats!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #83
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You have it all backwards. If K is confirmed, that will energize the Trump base and independents because they'll understand that the only good dimwit is a dead one -- one who who has fallen in the voting.
I'll see your point and raise you.... the entire modern history of American politics and mid-term election outcomes.

The more effective and efficient a party is when in complete power... the more they get BLASTED in mid-terms.

Hot Take:

Your post above and virtually every post on here has absolutely nothing to do with shrewdly playing the political game. Its fueled entirely by a hatred for the opposition that blinds your judgement and ability to think rationally.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-05-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #84
Ocala Mike

I think my vote for 50 is looking stronger and stronger. Everything will be set up for Pence to be the white knight that saves the party - 2020 or 2024 candidate.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #85
lamboguy

odds for confirmation as of 12:30

confirmed - $375- $100

no confirmation $100- $275
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #86
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I think my vote for 50 is looking stronger and stronger. Everything will be set up for Pence to be the white knight that saves the party - 2020 or 2024 candidate.
So he votes no?

He needs to be President to impress Mother. Mother is a woman. He will need the votes of women to be President.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #87
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
odds for confirmation as of 12:30

confirmed - $375- $100

no confirmation $100- $275
Anybody taking action on the decisions of a guy like Jeff Flake I hope to meet in any pool I can find.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #88
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Do not agree - the mission now is, to many of us - BURY the dems for being scumbags.

WE have seen the GOP finally stand up and grow a set and we like it. We like the in your face new attitudes. We like abusing democrats!
Yikes!
The truth comes out!
You sound just like Brett Kavanaugh did last Friday,
when he was putting his JUDICIAL DEMEANOR on public display for all to see.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #89
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Yikes!
The truth comes out!
You sound just like Brett Kavanaugh did last Friday,
when he was putting his JUDICIAL DEMEANOR on public display for all to see.
My hottest take so far today:

Collins and Manchin both abstain and he's confirmed with a 49-49 vote!

Old 10-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #90
ElKabong

Msnbc just showed flake as a Yes, btw. If so, Collins would / could prob put this away.

No prediction on Collins from me, could go either way. Guess is a yes, but have no idea which way she goes

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-05-2018 at 03:06 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply