Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #1321
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The words "Kavanaugh bribe" are right on the video.

I didn't say "bribe" as you inferred, don't put words in my mouth....If the video you opened and viewed said it, that's a horse of a different color....A "note" is all I said.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #1322
Inner Dirt

Seriously, how many people 50+ can remember every detail of every party they were at during High School and College whether alcohol or drugs were involved or not? I am 57 and have one friend who lives in Cali that I have known since 1982. We went on a lot of adventures over the years, the guy has lived at my home a half dozen times over that span, the last before I fled Cali in 2010. When we reminisce about the past we seem to take turns about forgetting details or even whole events. To trust a 30+ year old memory of anyone is completely ridiculous.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #1323
metro

Amazing job by all the Dems, especially Booker, for not choking on their Keith Ellison vomit while applauding this "victim."
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #1324
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Obvious, to a fool.

My wife was sexually attacked at the age of 12. She recalls every detail. Ford on the other hand can't. Even the people that she says were present refute her account.

Five minutes into it, my wife said ford was lying. She said a victim of an assault doesn't need a script to account what happened, furthermore if she'd given an open, script free testimony it would be truly heart felt and true emotions would come out. That didn't happen. If ford wanted to sway people on the fence, she failed miserably.
I think that people who were truly on the fence have absolutely be swayed favorably towards Ford. The people who will never be swayed are the extremist idealogues like you.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #1325
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I think that people who were truly on the fence have absolutely be swayed favorably towards Ford. The people who will never be swayed are the extremist idealogues like you.
Either you can't, or don't read. My wife said ford was lying within five minutes. Having been attacked at the age of twelve she was willing to hear ford out. She was on the fence, she says ford looks like a liar and is unbelievable.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #1326
lamboguy

what a great job the sexual assault prosecutor Rachel Mitchell did with so little time to prepare. that was our tax money spent well worthwhile!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #1327
OntheRail

Blumenthal said he believed her for what she did not know...

And we know he's not going to believe Kavanaugh for what he does know.

So a partisan hack.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #1328
MargieRose

Soooooooooooo, who was it? I hope that someone picks up on these two confusing/conflicting statements.

"I was pushed onto the bed and Brett got on top of me."

"Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, asks what do you remember most about that night? “Indelible in the hippocampus is the uproarious laughter,” Ford says. “I was underneath one of them” while they were laughing."

I haven't heard her say that BOTH boys (Kavanaugh and Judge) assaulted her...just that 'Brett' did.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #1329
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Soooooooooooo, who was it? I hope that someone picks up on these two confusing/conflicting statements.

"I was pushed onto the bed and Brett got on top of me."

"Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, asks what do you remember most about that night? “Indelible in the hippocampus is the uproarious laughter,” Ford says. “I was underneath one of them” while they were laughing."

I haven't heard her say that BOTH boys (Kavanaugh and Judge) assaulted her...just that 'Brett' did.
Did Ford REALLY say that...? What does that mean..? Wow, what an abuse of language...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #1330
woodtoo

She is the second worst believable witness I have ever heard, the 1st one asked the Judge on the first question " Do you want me to tell you the truth" it got much worse after her son took the stand on her behalf and stated exactly the opposite(story).

Last edited by woodtoo; 09-27-2018 at 02:49 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #1331
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

The prosecutor's closing salvo should have been her opening salvo. It seems the strategy was to portray Ford as a pawn in a political agenda.

It would have played better, in the beginning, to lay the ground work that the best way to recall traumatic experiences is the interview process based on narration and then fact checking and that Ford's attorneys purposely prevented this to create a political agenda.

It also would call into question of her memory as Ford was not afforded the best proven method to assist her recall, to gain a political advantage.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-27-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #1332
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Did Ford REALLY say that...? What does that mean..? Wow, what an abuse of language...
Yes, she really did say that. Here's a transcript of the hearing so far. See Update @ 10:38a.m. (her opening statement) and Update @ 11:20a.m. (Senator Leahy's question):

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/t...ions/842263476
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #1333
woodtoo

It is now up to Special K to clear his name, all alone.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #1334
ElKabong

Strong opening statement by kavenaugh. Fords "good friend" Kiser doesn't acknowledge what Ford is accusing.

He looks pissed off and rightfully so.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #1335
baconswitchfarm

He comes out like a man.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply