Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #916
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
You are free to discuss whatever is of interest here but the subject of the Arrow of Time seems to be more in the realm of Physics and not central to a Religion thread. Therefore it is not a subject that most of us are keen to debate or enter into.
Besides, if there is an Arrow of Time it either goes ---> or <--- and arguing about that seems peripheral to the Spiritual "stuff" many of us are seeking.

With respect to Halv's question about voting most of us would not have any problems voting for anyone who could do a job independent of their religion.
For example, the citizens of Calgary had no concerns about electing Naheed Kurban Nenshi as their Mayor and he is a Muslim.
See -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi

On the other hand, I don't know of anyone who would vote for a Radical Muslim. It is the extreme fundamental Muslims who I have no use for.
Strictly speaking, since Time is immaterial, it is just as valid a subject in a metaphysical setting as in physics. In fact, many philosophers have taken up the mysterious subject of Time.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #917
thaskalos

At least this thread has been useful in one aspect; it has allowed us to see how mechanical and even addictive our behavior becomes over time. Even when the conversation becomes mind-numbingly boring...we just can't keep ourselves out of it. We are sleepwalking machines...just as Gurdjieff insisted.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #918
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, it cannot be accomplished since a real goal requires a real and specific end toward which effort is directed. But ends cannot be held in intellect prior to causes, according to you.
Type this into google. I am tired of repeating it

אָה מיין גאָט פידאָ פאַלן דיין ביין
Old 05-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #919
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
At least this thread has been useful in one aspect; it has allowed us to see how mechanical and even addictive our behavior becomes over time. Even when the conversation becomes mind-numbingly boring...we just can't keep ourselves out of it. We are sleepwalking machines...just as Gurdjieff insisted.
Many of us are trying to change the subject. True, we are in many respects old LP records playing back to various stimuli.

But some are stuck in the same worn out circular groove on that record.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #920
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Type this into google. I am tired of repeating it

אָה מיין גאָט פידאָ פאַלן דיין ביין
Not half as much as I am of hearing it.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #921
boxcar

Quote:
The only "sleepwalking machine" in this thread is the Queen of Sleep -
Old 05-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #922
hcap

Quote:
Not half as much as I am of hearing it.
The more you gnaw your bone, the more you will hear it.
Why not move on? What's keeping you stuck?
Old 05-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #923
thaskalos

Quote:
The only "sleepwalking machine" in this thread is the Queen of Sleep -
I have an idea. Why don't we release an audio version of our conversation here...as a cure for insomnia. The insomniacs would listen to the CD with earbuds...as they lay down to sleep. Guaranteed to work or their money back.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-28-2019 at 01:54 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #924
boxcar

Quote:
The more you gnaw your bone, the more you will hear it.
Why not move on? What's keeping you stuck?
I'm stuck or you're stuck? You regurgitate the same ol' tired song when I have you backed into a corner: "Drop the bone, fido" or "Why not move on?"

But I truly have your number, don't I?
Old 05-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #925
hcap

Quote:
I'm stuck or you're stuck? You regurgitate the same ol' tired song when I have you backed into a corner: "Drop the bone, fido" or "Why not move on?"

But I truly have your number, don't I?
After discussing other thinggs you relentlessly drag me in to your same ass backwards time theories.

When this thread started, Religion III.......the topic was the rapture. It took you only to post #7, to drag out your old already gnawed to shreds decrepit old time bone.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #926
boxcar

Quote:
After discussing other thinggs you relentlessly drag me in to your same ass backwards time theories.

When this thread started, Religion III.......the topic was the rapture. It took you only to post #7, to drag out your old already gnawed to shreds decrepit old time bone.
"My decrepit old time bone", which you've enjoyed gnawing on immensely until I back your tired, sleepy but into a corner. THEN you beg me to drop the bone.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #927
hcap

Quote:
"My decrepit old time bone", which you've enjoyed gnawing on immensely until I back your tired, sleepy but into a corner. THEN you beg me to drop the bone.

Let's drop it now.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #928
thaskalos

Quote:

Let's drop it now.
Didn't you say that you were done in post #891?
Old 05-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #929
hcap

Quote:
Didn't you say that you were done in post #891?
I know. But before I quoted Michael Corleone, did say....
Quote:
Think so. Listing his history of strange time proclamations from on high, got it out of (my) head, and maybe even shamed and stopped him. Yes I am done.......unless his next outrageous boxcarian rant far exceeds the hard to top previous ones. . .

Then who knows? What was that famous line by Michael Corleone? About breaking from his life of crime
Notice I have not discussed time, except to remind him to drop that bone. Getting better.

But I was wrong, listing the history of his decrepit old bone, did not shame him.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #930
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
What is truly "BS" is that you apparently believe that just saying my "time arrow" is "BS will convince anyone that it is. But if you were 1/10th as smart as you think you are, you'd take my arrow of time format in 896 and place the Past, Present and Future in the order you think is logical. But, of course, this is wishful thinking on my part because I know that that "someday" would never come in your case; for your ego would not survive being laughed off the stage, would it?

Re Lot's wife's fate: Probably plenty of that stuff around in that dry, arid plain region.
You don't know why God chose salt? Salt was handy, like God was to lazy to pick something else - that's your answer? God has the universe at his fingertips. Nothing metaphorical about salt? How disappointing.

How do I access the past or the future? I'd love to give you the actual answers, but no fun in that. If you believe you have an irrefutable theory of time, stay with it. See if someone of great status buys off on it.

This is why you are 1/10th as smart as whomever. A good scientist considers all the facts and possibilities and tests them. What else did you consider in your pursuit of the arrow of time? How did you test that? Other than the sputum that comes out of your head, how do you know you are right? Which expert other than yourself put the imprimatur on the theory of time?

I understand that a soldier's responsible to his superiors. But isn't he also responsible to other people, to people who depend on his special skills... like a priest who argues theology but never brings comfort to a troubled soul? Or a doctor who is too busy with theory to ease the pain of the sick and injured?

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 05-28-2019 at 04:50 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply