Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Charli125

Hastings Park Tomorrow

I'll be there with the wife and a few friends, and we're sponsoring the 5th race to show player appreciation for the new low takeout. The race is named the HANA something or other so you can look for my smiley mug in the winners circle. If any HANA members, or PA members, want to meet up I'll be in Silks except for before/after the 5th.

I'll be playing Win, as well as the P4 and P5. I also hope to get a chance to talk to their simulcast manager and anyone else that's available about lowering the rest of their exotic takeout so that I can play those next time. I hope we can all support their low takeout bets in an effort to encourage them to lower the rest of their bets.

Thankfully, the rioting is over so Vancouver should be the beautiful city that it usually is. Fingers crossed for some sunshine!
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
rwwupl

Nice going Charlie, hope you have a winner to cash too.

All the best, Roger Way
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
lamboguy

they are forcing you to the win pools which in my opinion is a very good thing!

good luck tomorrow, i will take a look at hastings in the morning and maybe come up with something there to place into the wonderful windows there
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

I'll be there tonight, but not sure about tomorrow. I'll be easily recognizable, I'll be the only one under age 50
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
I'll be there tonight, but not sure about tomorrow. I'll be easily recognizable, I'll be the only one under age 50
Ha! Well, there will be 4 more of us that are all in our early 30's so come down on Saturday if you can.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
beertapper

have a good time...

i'd be curious to know what the management there think on lowering other exotic takeouts..

they added an early pick 4 recently, and the pick 5 now has a carryover

on the down side the horse population is much smaller than expected
beertapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertapper
have a good time...

i'd be curious to know what the management there think on lowering other exotic takeouts..

they added an early pick 4 recently, and the pick 5 now has a carryover

on the down side the horse population is much smaller than expected
I'll pass along anything I hear.

Yeah, the field size hasn't been very good.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
Charli125

That was a nice start to the pick 4!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
beertapper

handle there has been terrible lately... they must be abit concerned given all the optimism at the start of the season ??
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
funnsss1

Cool Hastings

The handle drop is a direct correlation to the cheating and total disregard for the betting public.I use to play there every race day in the 80s but with all the cheating going on have not played there till this year and only lasted 3 race days till jockeys started pulling up live horses etc.They will all be extinct with 5 years without them taking a hard look at bringing back real racing and having all jockeys in a race trying to win and not trying to lose.It happens at all the tracks but a small operation like hastings relys alot more on the small punter and they turn them away with there cheating.
funnsss1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnsss1
The handle drop is a direct correlation to the cheating and total disregard for the betting public.I use to play there every race day in the 80s but with all the cheating going on have not played there till this year and only lasted 3 race days till jockeys started pulling up live horses etc.They will all be extinct with 5 years without them taking a hard look at bringing back real racing and having all jockeys in a race trying to win and not trying to lose.It happens at all the tracks but a small operation like hastings relys alot more on the small punter and they turn them away with there cheating.
They definitely have an issue with field size, but hopefully the low takeout will increase handle, which will increase purses, which should help field size.

I can't really speak on cheating and disregard for the betting public as I don't follow them closely, and have always been very well taken care of by the entire staff there.

I know they're concerned about field sizes and pool sizes though, so I'm glad to see them concerned about the same things I am. I specifically mentioned how it was hard to play any serious money into the pools because they were so low, and they understood and mentioned how they were hoping to increase handle via the low takeout and increased advertising. I also pointed them to the Balmoral takeout decrease and showed how it wasn't until year 2 that the track started making more money. I really think they've made the decision to try to revive their track and I hope it works.

On a side note, I hit the late Pick4, so I had a wonderful day!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Zydeco

Good job!
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #13
beertapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
They definitely have an issue with field size, but hopefully the low takeout will increase handle, which will increase purses, which should help field size.

I can't really speak on cheating and disregard for the betting public as I don't follow them closely, and have always been very well taken care of by the entire staff there.

I know they're concerned about field sizes and pool sizes though, so I'm glad to see them concerned about the same things I am. I specifically mentioned how it was hard to play any serious money into the pools because they were so low, and they understood and mentioned how they were hoping to increase handle via the low takeout and increased advertising. I also pointed them to the Balmoral takeout decrease and showed how it wasn't until year 2 that the track started making more money. I really think they've made the decision to try to revive their track and I hope it works.

On a side note, I hit the late Pick4, so I had a wonderful day!
congrats !! and thanks for the update..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: