Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #9856
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And The Lord continued...

Matt 5:27-30
...but I say to you, that everyone who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
It seems to me that Jesus is condoning male homosexuality here. I think I'll read it again to make sure.
__________________
"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."
-- Anonymous
thaskalos is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #9857
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I already said I disagree. But no no pigs in a poke. What are the parameters of the terms your bet?

Or film a window breaking before a hammer striking it. I will accept experimental evidence if it is clearly documented. Once again none of your typical boxcarian word games.

I seem to remember PA won't allow bes of this type so you may have to spring your ridiculous pig in a poke without any monetary returns. So I will bet you can not PROVE your nonsense.

You lose, you never post on any religious ( or religion) thread.
I lose and I will do the same. Besides if you can really prove it, Scientific American and dozens of science journals will fill your pockets.

Or even better open a betting both in VEGAS. Claim to know the outcomes of every race before it is run. Which appears to be the essence of your brag.

"Clearly documented"? It is so obvious, yet you are so oblivious.

Well...Let me ask the Boss Man. Maybe he'll make an exception. I'm sure he would love the opportunity to you stick it to me.

Hey, Mr. BossMan, what about it? Will you allow a friendly wager between 'cappy and myself?

And I don't like your terms of a bet, 'cap. You once said, this thread was dead, dead, dead and that you'd never post here again, anyway. We all have seen how those predictions have turned out.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #9858
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It seems to me that Jesus is condoning male homosexuality here. I think I'll read it again to make sure.
Okay then...
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #9859
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Define cause as you are using it.
Want in on the action, do you?

Main Entry:2cause
Function:transitive verb
Inflected Form:caused ; causŁing
Date:14th century

1 : to serve as a cause or occasion of : MAKE
2 : to effect by command, authority, or force
–causŁer noun
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:12 AM   #9860
Light
Registered User
 
Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
"All the facts" indeed! You wouldn't know the truth if it poked its finger in your eye! How incredibly ignorant of God's Word you are! It comes really naturally to you, too, doesn't it?

Not only that but your entire post is a non sequitur for it does not address the issue of Jesus' apparent lack of love (which you accused me of having) for teaching about the coming judgment of all men and eternal condemnation and punishment of all those who refuse to obey the gospel.

Now read and weep, for the truth will be as bitter herbs on your palate and bitter acrid gall in your stomach.

Revelation 14:11
11 "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power

Matthew Verse 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Hebrews 6:2
...of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Mark 9:44-48
[where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.] "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell, "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell

John 5:29
and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Jude 6
6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.

Jude 12, 13
12 These men are those who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; 13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever.

Daniel 12:2
"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

Isaiah 66:24
24 "Then they shall go forth and look
On the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm shall not die,
And their fire shall not be quenched;
And they shall be an abhorrence to all mankind."


Jeremiah 20:11
11 But the Lord is with me like a dread champion;
Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed,
With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten.
That's it? That's all you got? You got nothing on what I just told you. I have historical facts of what context the Jews used the word "Hell" 2000 years ago which was not for an eternal and endless future Hell.

And you have no explanation for why post Christ death writers like Paul and the Book of Acts do not mention Hell once when they speak of Christ's teachings. If you are going to go to the worst place imaginable and forever, why are they silent about that? Because that's not what Jesus was talking about.That's because Christ wasn't talking about Hell in the context it later became to be known centuries later which was due to a political ploy by corrupt Churches which controlled the masses. Why do you think the Christian religion has thousands of denominations. The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. Because they disagree on what means what in the Bible. You're a rookie. Just one person with an opinion, not the truth. The truth is always within as Jesus says.

You have nothing,so you feebly throw a bunch of scripture that I can easily debunk as having anything to do with your eternal Hell.

You have the supreme God of love on one hand and a God bestowing the cruelest act you can possibly imagine to bestow on a soul on the other hand. Makes sense? Maybe to an imbecile.

My suggestion to you is to not worry about getting into Heaven or avoiding Hell. Just keep the Love in your heart, guided by Jesus and God and concern yourself with this life and as Jesus said, "All will be added unto you", in this life and probably the next. But don't assume anything. That will keep you humble, and thirsty.
Light is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:26 AM   #9861
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
27[i] "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; 28 but I say to you, that everyone who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
NASB
Here is Christianity's calling card, right here. If you give a woman a lustful glance, then you've already committed adultery in your heart. And if you give a man an angry look...then you've already committed assault, or even murder, in your heart. And, since the mind is totally uncontrollable in its mental impressions, there is never a shortage of "criminals/sinners"...and never a shortage of "customers" for the Christian church. Pure GENIUS!
__________________
"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."
-- Anonymous

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-25-2019 at 02:32 AM.
thaskalos is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #9862
Hank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,701
2500 years later, the PA religion thread

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg euthyphrocartoon.jpeg (34.3 KB, 6 views)
Hank is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:22 AM   #9863
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Define cause as you are using it.
That's the problem. He obfuscates and hides with word games.
His plan was to sucker people into an ass-hole wager then when called out on its total ambiguity and unclear premises, debate his nonsense for months.

Or maybe I am wrong and he will be as clear as a bell?
Box?
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:32 AM   #9864
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
"Clearly documented"? It is so obvious, yet you are so oblivious.

Well...Let me ask the Boss Man. Maybe he'll make an exception. I'm sure he would love the opportunity to you stick it to me.

Hey, Mr. BossMan, what about it? Will you allow a friendly wager between 'cappy and myself?

And I don't like your terms of a bet, 'cap. You once said, this thread was dead, dead, dead and that you'd never post here again, anyway. We all have seen how those predictions have turned out.
I am still waiting for you to clearly state the terms of your wager. You cannot claim......
Quote:
Causes in the world of human events or activities do not always precede effects.
Without a specific cased to demonstrate and illustrate your so-called "proof".

I'm waiting. Again, boxcarian word games don't count.


Scientific American and all the science journals in the world will flock to PA OT
I can then say I helped revolutionize modern science in favor of your faith-based reality
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Last edited by hcap; 02-25-2019 at 05:39 AM.
hcap is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #9865
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
That's it? That's all you got? You got nothing on what I just told you. I have historical facts of what context the Jews used the word "Hell" 2000 years ago which was not for an eternal and endless future Hell.

And you have no explanation for why post Christ death writers like Paul and the Book of Acts do not mention Hell once when they speak of Christ's teachings. If you are going to go to the worst place imaginable and forever, why are they silent about that? Because that's not what Jesus was talking about.That's because Christ wasn't talking about Hell in the context it later became to be known centuries later which was due to a political ploy by corrupt Churches which controlled the masses. Why do you think the Christian religion has thousands of denominations. The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. Because they disagree on what means what in the Bible. You're a rookie. Just one person with an opinion, not the truth. The truth is always within as Jesus says.

You have nothing,so you feebly throw a bunch of scripture that I can easily debunk as having anything to do with your eternal Hell.

You have the supreme God of love on one hand and a God bestowing the cruelest act you can possibly imagine to bestow on a soul on the other hand. Makes sense? Maybe to an imbecile.

My suggestion to you is to not worry about getting into Heaven or avoiding Hell. Just keep the Love in your heart, guided by Jesus and God and concern yourself with this life and as Jesus said, "All will be added unto you", in this life and probably the next. But don't assume anything. That will keep you humble, and thirsty.
You have nothing! You went to some infidel website, and copied and pasted their heresy and call it "facts"?

And, no, it's not all that I have. I could throw a lot more at you, but why? You would not believe. The OT and NT teachings on the duration of punishment is very clear. It's for all all eternity.

Furthermore, you asking me questions about why Paul didn't teach this, that or some other thing about hell doesn't prove a a thing. Arguments from Silence never do. (Ask Thask, he's the resident expert on this thread about arguments from silence since he raised more than a few.)

Now get busy and refute the dozen or texts that I posted. I could use a good belly laugh as you attempt to spin them.

But truly -- truly -- here's some friendly advice: Due to your massive ignorance of scripture, you really should not go down this road of Hell and its duration because this topic is inextricably linked to that branch of theology called Eschatology. Future events. The end times. The end of the age. In order to refute hell and its duration, you would need to refute the following events: The Second Coming of Christ, The physical Resurrection of the Just and Unjust, Judgment Day (a/k/a the Day of the Lord when Christ returns) and the utter Destruction of the present order of the universe and the Recreation of the Heavens and the Earth. All these doctrines are very closely associated with the eternal destinies of saints and sinners alike. In short, you're not spiritually, theologically or intellectually equipped to open up this huge box of Eschatological inquiry. Heck...you have already proved this. You mind is a morass of confusion and contradictions. In one breath, you tell us that good and evil are nothing more than illusions, but then turn around and point to me and Trump as being evil. Clue: If good and evil, don't exist, neither does morality; yet, you characterize Trump's immigration policy as being immoral. .

Heck..you can't even bring yourself to believe in the physical, bodily resurrection of Christ! You refer to the apostle Paul and other NT writers of as "post Christ death" writers. No true believer would ever refer to Christ in this way. But of course, I understand that you have to because the doctrine of the physical resurrection of Christ is no small impediment to your reincarnation idiocy, as would the general bodily resurrection of saints and sinners when Christ returns to judge the world with his saints in tow.

Truly, the Lord Jesus spoke accurately about people like you who refuse to believe him. You are well on your way to your Second Death which is the Lake of Fire by traveling on the broad path that you are. Yes, indeed...that path is exceedingly wide that leads to eternal destruction and MANY are those who travel on it.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #9866
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I went to some religious website, and copied and pasted their fantasy and call it "facts"?
FTFY!
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #9867
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I am still waiting for you to clearly state the terms of your wager. You cannot claim......
Without a specific cased to demonstrate and illustrate your so-called "proof".

I'm waiting. Again, boxcarian word games don't count.


Scientific American and all the science journals in the world will flock to PA OT
I can then say I helped revolutionize modern science in favor of your faith-based reality
I already stated them. I'll wager anything you can afford to lose. I'm waiting for PA. He must be in hibernation or something. (Is the weather cold up in Noo Yawk?)

In the course of everyday human activities, effects often precede causes. You categorically deny that this is true. So, herein this disagreement is the foundation for a little friendly wager.

Of course, if we don't hear from PA because the earth swallowed him or something, I would suggest another kind of wager.

When I win my wager, you must do three specific things:

Answer the following two questions with only a "yes" or "no":

1. When you raised your children, did you teach them that it was okay to implicitly trust strangers?

2. Is the Uncertainty Principle absolutely true?

And then the third question:

Where in your "arrow of time" scheme is the Present located relevant to the Past and Present? In other words, you must lay out your "arrow of time" telling us where all three elements of Time are relevant to each other.

Now...if I lose, I agree to not post on this thread for one year from the date you accept the terms of the wager.

And who gets to decide if my answer is really proof? Once I reveal how effects can often precede causes in normal, everyday human activities, it will become self-evident to all. The answer has always been hiding in plain sight.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru

Last edited by boxcar; 02-25-2019 at 09:45 AM.
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #9868
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 40,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
FTFY!
Well, well...the tiny voice from the peanut gallery has squealed.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #9869
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And who gets to decide if my answer is really proof? Once I reveal how effects can often precede causes in normal, everyday human activities, it will become self-evident to all. The answer has always been hiding in plain sight.
Start with the details of your wager first. I bet you can not even state what your wager is about. Without playing word games.

Of course you could cite one specific test that depending on the outcome would "prove" your case.

In other words you could propose a real, or thought experiment which demonstrate a window shattering before the hammer strikes it.
What is your specific testy to be, then we can judge it's validity and relevance and if you can demonstrate a non-casual series of events we would all be convinced and impressed
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #9870
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Is the Uncertainty Principle absolutely true?
Your argument against agnosticism was it was self-defeating because the agnostic must know something about god to even deny any knowledge of god.

An Apologetic word game by Norman G.(sorry forgot his name)

So let me guess, "how can anyone be absolutely certain of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Ta.........dum
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Last edited by hcap; 02-25-2019 at 10:23 AM.
hcap is offline  
Closed Thread




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.