Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #31
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
grrrr not what i wanted to hear. lol

He was eager and slightly rank at the beginning of the work though....fighting the jock a little. He should definitely be up near the pace I would imagine. Need to key a close eye on him.
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #32
Dream_Police

this has been a little weird so far, some horses wanting to run all day(McCraken,AD) to those that don't want to do anything(J Boy). His work was interesting.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #33
burnsy
self medicated

I commented on this horse in the Irish War Cry thread. Here's what I like, its not confirmed yet so I'm just using an angle and making a judgement at this point. The GP races seem to be shaping up as the "key" races in these preps. Of course, that's still got to be proven more but horses leaving the circuit have won or placed in major preps. The Blue Grass got blown up by Irap but Practical Joke ran well to get second besting two hyped favorites. Irish War Cry comes back to life in the Wood. This horse has 4 races and the last one made the competition look bad. Beating the field he beat the way he won was a pretty bold statement if he can hold this current form. This year there has been a lot horses running inconsistently, this horse is on the improve. He'll be short on odds but he deserves to be on tickets IMO. Which means my exactas, pics and at least in a double play. What do people expect? TP to jump up and down saying he has the best horse? With the record and problems he's had getting the Derby? The guy is stoic anyway, he's not a cheerleader but there's no denying this horse is going good right now when comparing these races.

Last edited by burnsy; 04-29-2017 at 11:08 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #34
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I really hope this no-chancer is chalk come next Saturday.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #35
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNate012 View Post
He was RANK on the track this morning....His last work will be this Friday.
Friday? Boy, times are changing fast. You used to see the track full of last workers on Monday and Tuesday the week of. Then we started seeing Sat and Sun. Now Friday. Depressing.

I will let this horse beat me. I don't get the love honestly.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #36
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I really hope this no-chancer is chalk come next Saturday.
I can probably help you out on this one. Not sure why the back blast on AD is coming from so many directions. I see him as TAP #1 chance Saturday. I have it on good authority that CE is value at 5-1. I want to put AD on the same number I think.

Do you really want to bet a qtr crack z-bar, refuse to work, kind of slow horse anyway again this year? I don't.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #37
AirNate012

Anyone see this yet? Hmm...

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...ipment-change/
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #38
yankeelpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNate012 View Post
I can't overlook him at the betting windows, but....will he be over aggressive and hot before the race. Hoping he doesnt run his race before it starts.

1. Always Dreaming
2. Gunnevera
3. Practical Joke
4. McCraken
5. Looking at Lee/Gormley/Irap

Last edited by yankeelpn; 04-30-2017 at 09:29 PM.
yankeelpn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #39
PowerUpPaynter

So whats his path look like into the first turn? Do he go to the lead then back off? he cant really dip under state of honor who you would think would be jetting out of the gate because by that time battle of midway and irap at a minimum will cover him. I see some interesting possible traffic issues for him for at least where he would ideally like to be.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #40
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
So whats his path look like into the first turn? Do he go to the lead then back off? he cant really dip under state of honor who you would think would be jetting out of the gate because by that time battle of midway and irap at a minimum will cover him. I see some interesting possible traffic issues for him for at least where he would ideally like to be.

nobody wants to be on the lead. with this, will anybody elect to use more speed to get there? maybe. i still believe that anybody who wants the lead, will get it, and the fractions won't be that strong.

as for horses battling for close position behind said horse, well that's a different story.

as for where ad will be, it doesn't matter, you know he will likely be forwardly placed in the first group for a long time in position to win the race. as much as they don't want to be on the front end, it may not be that bad should he be there.

as for honor and midway....honor's decent race w/o blinks doesn't make him a speed burner anymore and midway doesn't need to be on the lead either.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: