Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
cnollfan

Arlington cancelled Sunday

Does anybody know what happened at Arlington Sunday causing them to cancel? Apparently only the first two races were run.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
illinoisbred

Heard the riders refused -guessing because of wind. Fairly steady gales at approx. 30 mph. Also, alot of rainfall,don't think that was the cause for cancellation though.

Last edited by illinoisbred; 05-29-2011 at 04:47 PM.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
tbwinner

Jocks didn't want to ride. Management was extremely angry. After the cancellation there was no rain or wind (looked to be OK out and nothing further in the forecase) and all the customers were very angry.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
toussaud

what's the point of all weather if you are going to cancel if it gets wet.

could have waited a few hours or so.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
what's the point of all weather if you are going to cancel if it gets wet.

could have waited a few hours or so.
Exactly. The track was fine; the riders just blamed the "weather" arbitrarily even though it was clearing up.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
Jocks didn't want to ride. Management was extremely angry. After the cancellation there was no rain or wind (looked to be OK out and nothing further in the forecase) and all the customers were very angry.
Was Suraj Narredu leading this jock revolt?

Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
illinoisbred

Definitely was strange.Hey Striker-I thought Narredu looked pretty good in today's 1st. A tough break for you and your entrant in the 7th Tbwinner.

Last edited by illinoisbred; 05-29-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisbred
Definitely was strange.Hey Striker-I thought Narredu looked pretty good in today's 1st. A tough break for you and your entrant in the 7th Tbwinner.
Yep, thought Narredu looked good also. Rivelli and Ravin have numerous others also to look for by Bring the Heat. Watch for Can't Stop Ravin, She's Down with Jim(scratched today), Richies Star, and Rocket Richie. All by Bring the Heat and now Rivelli and Ravin are 2 for 2 with this sire and their horses at AP after Stark Ravin Mad won the 2nd. Tb might have more info on these runners if he talks to Rivelli.

Last edited by Striker; 05-29-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
beertapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plH6ouvsHnY

Narredu's 1000 win...good stuff

Last edited by beertapper; 05-29-2011 at 07:02 PM.
beertapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
tbwinner

Just when you think Richie Ravin can't name anymore horses after himself - well there you go.

Stark Ravin Mad that won today is a full brother to $320k earner Madman Diaries so Richie and Rivelli might have a juvenile stakes horse here.

Wish I could've told you guys about Aviyah Shines who won first out on Wednesday...Larry texted me this one to me 10 minutes to post saying she was ready to go.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
illinoisbred

Tb or Striker- have any of Rivelli's 2 yr old 1sters lost ? Going on memory,seems all so far have won. Have to think the one scratched today is also going to be a runner.

Last edited by illinoisbred; 05-29-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Valuist

The wind argument is BS. I live 5 miles from Arlington and the wind, with the exception of the storm (and they had a delay then) was definitely not worth cancelling over.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #13
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
The wind argument is BS. I live 5 miles from Arlington and the wind, with the exception of the storm (and they had a delay then) was definitely not worth cancelling over.
I agree with you.They did sit out the worst of it. Have to think they wanted to cancel before the 2nd and were talked out of it.

Last edited by illinoisbred; 05-29-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #14
BlueShoe

Not happy about the cancellation either, in spite of the turf races being rained off, thought that it was a pretty good card. Liked several races, and the scrub cut down the number of plays for the day. An oddity, played a pick-3 in races 3-5, and could not get a refund for at least an hour after the cancelation announcement. Every time the ticket was dropped into the Sam the ticket was rejected with a "results not in" message. Arlington tote system slow in computing refunds for the rest of the card from race 3 on? Or?
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #15
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisbred
Tb or Striker- have any of Rivelli's 2 yr old 1sters lost ? Going on memory,seems all so far have won. Have to think the one scratched today is also going to be a runner.
IB- The 2yo race today was only the 3rd 2yo race of the meet. The first 2yo race was on derby day and DiVito won with a nice 85k purchase named Backdoor Kenny and then Rivelli has won the last two 2yo races with Aviyah Shines for 2yo fillies and today with Stark Ravin Mad. Some of those other Rivrav runners have worked with those 2 horses and like I said I haven't seen this many horses with the same sire for the same connections like they have done with Bring the Heat in a long time. They have 6 horses by BTH and they are 2 for 2 so far. These are just the ones that I have stumbled on by looking at the workout reports. Tb- any info on the rest of those runners would be greatly appreciated. It looks like Richies Star outworked Stark Ravin Mad on 5/19 from the gate by 1 length which would be significant after that performance today from Stark Ravin Mad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: