Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-24-2023, 05:41 PM   #31
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

The price is more than right on #2 in the finale. She was eager early down inside and waited a bit on the turn before switching out and running on very well last time out. Clearly a better runner on turf and hopefully she gets a bit of a cleaner trip and can finish like that again.

Ex: 3-4-12 w 2
Win: 2
Old 06-24-2023, 05:58 PM   #32
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Going with a Pick 4:

/ / /
Pays: $138.75
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2023, 06:30 PM   #33
Robert Fischer
clean money

everybody is saying "CAW" "caw caw" sound like a crow or something

unfortunate that he got 2nd, but it was obvious that on paper this was a type of race that he could still get 2nd;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I don't know if he's a toss from the exacta like many of these types. He's definitely worth examining as a play-against in the win slot.
instead of mainly crushing Vertical exotics like yesterday's big opportunity, instead you focus on the win slot for multi-race like Doubles, P5, etc..

were the 3 horses to use. Wasn't perfect, but it was a good value

Quote:
Going to play into race 5 with a double:

/
well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
I'm buying the chalk here in R2. The #9 was bumped at the break, raced wide throughout, and closed well into a fast final fraction

PICK 4

hoping to catch some value in the last leg (R5)
great job

Bill Mott in r1 and you'd have a p5 of $0.50 PICK 5 5 OF 5 5-9-6-1-5 $3,709.25
that's a big difference.

I did not cap the first four races, but you could exclude the in race 5 to get it more affordable.

The Gods Must be Crazy
Nothing too crazy about the odds. Fortunately the 1a fooled the Syndicates and the CAW money. You always have a risk that you get to the race and then you see the flawed horse not favored and 3rd choice or whatever. That always spoils the value when that happens.

So you got through to race 5 and the CAW wasn't informed enough. That was good, but the one that is a tiny bit confusing was the money in Doubles on the ... The 3 was 10/1 morning line, and nothing flashy (and didn't run anything special today) So WTF is the 3 doing as 2nd choice in Doubles today?? you know, you look at P5 or the p4 and the is 6th! choice
So what the fuck??

Was a late info/tip discovered that the is expected to have a significant increase today in Intent and/or Performance??

Did Chad Summers and Gold Square farm Wager and they just focused on Daily Doubles?? (sometimes you see 'barn money' more focused on things like doubles or even just 'Win' wps...)

Finally there's a chance that the took some money due to his name....

Oddly enough, the preceding race 4 had a winner and hot-money co-favorite named Prince James. The "King James" goes with that Prince James horse, and is also the nickname of basketball legend Lebron James, (not to mention 'biblical' and historical stuff...).

Whatever it was, the was mysteriously underlayed in the Doubles for some reason, did zero running, and so it slightly helped the prices on the four most likely winners, the .

reduced takeout.

POLIITCS IN THE RACING SECTIONS
?? OMG Pace is gonna ban me to Alaska.
Not THOSE kinda Politics... Racing politics.. It's unfortunate but it's REAL.
Whatta we have here?
This race was not all that bad...
dingbats on twitter will gravitate to the Ortiz Bros.
In this case, both brothers gave their best efforts.
The thing in this race, you had an Entry (and it was ridiculously favored) where Casse had the top half of the entry, the ...
but then Casse had also trained one of the 1a's top rivals, the .
You prefer to have usable rival horses who aren't so closely connected to the Patsy.

Not an 'ideal' situation there, but didn't make any difference whatsoever in the race. It was zero factor, zero change in intent or anything like that.
I'm just introducing 'Politics' into the racing section, as it is a thing, and it isn't talked about other than irrational twitter rail-bird talk...

----------
Any bet backs??

Relate was way against the race flow, and looked beautiful at times... Still scares me that had some issues before the layoff. 2-back I could see what looked like the tail may be saying 'pain'... today I didn't see that, but I didn't see a 'cured' horse either. Wasn't hard-used once they hit the stretch because it was evident that the race flow was nonexistent. Basically a good workout for the horse that didn't over-stress what ever remnants of past issues may or may not exist.
Is he fit/healthy?? - If so, this is a horse who is much better than his results will look on paper. Finishes 7th and we don't know that he wasn't best today, but the average horseplayer and computer will blend and lean on that 7thSlow thing from today.

Highly Flammable ? Probably the best today, and he finished 3rd. However, value will be hard to come by. Maybe a class hike and you look to include underneath or something.

King Moonracer certainly a chance to run 4th or 3rd next out. Ran OK vs. the flow. However, need a generous price to justify structuring a dime or whatever with him singled 4th and 3rd. 5th today, and had a nightmare flow. Weaver has been potent, lately. A 1 for 14 horse like this could actually win in a complete pace collapse, or pass rivals to finish 2nd in a race with a dominant favorite going wire-to-wire.

Buckortwo this guy is mildly interesting. He looks absolutely terrible. He was 26-1 today, considered much-the-worst in every pool.
Broke OK settled mid-pack/forward, on the turn he moved up under his own power to the forward group. That momentum was wasted between the slow reactions of the jockey and then he was a step slow to change leads, and at that point he's outgunned and in an impossible position considering that there is zero late flow.
Continued in vain. Then when the race was over, galloped out very willingly, especially considering the forward/backward trip, and the lack of momentum and lack of late flow.
Another minor thing- Last race, he managed to win wire-wire. He was dropped into Maiden Claiming 40k, so he was 9/5 Favorite vs a bunch of bums, he's supposed to win. At least he got the job done immediately. At least he did it.
His last two races since the break have done a better job with the lead changes.
He's a NY-bred... He's also never run a route distance. These two races in 2023 since the layoff; in this vacuum he almost seem to be asking for a route. A littlebita tracking speed, willing low head-carriage.
That's just me. I've never trained and I don't pretend to know anything about training.
In his complete body of work, almost all really bad races, but has been relatively close to hot paces a few times...
Feels like some puzzle pieces could be missing.
or not

Don't Let Me Down
A little bit cheap, but he's racehorse for sure.
Didn't do anything wrong but was Impossibly against the flow today, and even if he was probably not even close to being best, he's better than he looked. Last race was also against the grain. Barber is a sporting owner, team Barber may put in the effort to find this horse's level somewhere.
Old 06-24-2023, 06:31 PM   #34
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Pays: $138.75
yes!
Old 06-25-2023, 07:23 AM   #35
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Congrats to all the winners yesterday. I had a rough betting day, all but 1 BOX EXACTA that I hit. I still had an enjoyable day once FS2 started coverage at 4 PM.

Today (Sunday) they start broadcasting on FS2 at 1 PM (Eastern). A chance to redeem myself.