Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #91
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't really understand why anyone would have a problem with a Women's soccer team wanting equal pay with our shitty Men's team... but here we are...
Once and for all to ELY, and to anyone who doesn't understand economics, generate the revenue and you'll earn what you're actually worth.

The Men’s World Cup generated north of $6,000,000,000 of revenue in 2018, while the Women’s World Cup generated only $131,000,000 in 2019, just over two percent of the men’s revenue.

But wait..... the women’s victory payment was 10 percent that of their male counterparts. So women, in terms of percentage of revenue, earned more than men. At first glance it’s unfair in favor of the men, it seems it is actually unfair against men.

Game. Set. MATCH.....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2019, 10:59 PM   #92
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Once and for all to ELY, and to anyone who doesn't understand economics, generate the revenue and you'll earn what you're actually worth.

The Men’s World Cup generated north of $6,000,000,000 of revenue in 2018, while the Women’s World Cup generated only $131,000,000 in 2019, just over two percent of the men’s revenue.

But wait..... the women’s victory payment was 10 percent that of their male counterparts. So women, in terms of percentage of revenue, earned more than men. At first glance it’s unfair in favor of the men, it seems it is actually unfair against men.

Game. Set. MATCH.....
I won't dispute this.
Been a soccer fan for over 50 years, and I've probably spent less than 1%
of my soccer viewing time (live or on tv) watching the women's game.

Do many NBA fans share a similar love for WNBA?
How do the revenues generated in those leagues match up with earnings?

There is no denying that the USWNT achieves at a much higher rate than their US male counterparts. However, it's comparing apples to oranges. The men's World Cup tournament is second to none for earnings results. It puts Super Bowls in the shade. The women's tournament will never get close in earnings power. At the same time, the US female players salaries are comparable to those of the US males. They just will not find themselves earning what the male champions (France in 2018) do. It simple economics.

Last edited by horses4courses; 07-14-2019 at 11:02 PM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #93
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
I won't dispute this.
Been a soccer fan for over 50 years, and I've probably spent less than 1%
of my soccer viewing time (live or on tv) watching the women's game.

Do many NBA fans share a similar love for WNBA?
How do the revenues generated in those leagues match up with earnings?

There is no denying that the USWNT achieves at a much higher rate than their US male counterparts. However, it's comparing apples to oranges. The men's World Cup tournament is second to none for earnings results. It puts Super Bowls in the shade. The women's tournament will never get close in earnings power. At the same time, the US female players salaries are comparable to those of the US males. They just will not find themselves earning what the male champions (France in 2018) do. It simple economics.
Well, that proves randomness. horses4courses made a reasonable post. Had to rep him.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #94
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

Game. Set. MATCH.....
The USMNT didn't even play in the 2018 World Cup...

They aren't suing FIFA they're suing the USSF.

Game set match.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-15-2019 at 09:15 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #95
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Who cares what an athlete gets paid?
Not my problem.

Walmart is always hiring and they pay $15~!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #96
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Who cares what an athlete gets paid?
Not my problem.
Wow, you seemed pretty opinionated on the topic a few days ago

Quote:
Here's a thought - yo don't DESERVE equal pay because you are an embarrassment. Bitches.

You play soccer, for God's sake - it's not like you are doing anything WORTHWHILE. Not even a American game - football for dummies.

PAY CUTS!
PAY CUTS!

Who pays their salaries, anyway? If it is the government, we should STOP.

This is a complete waste of money if it is taxpayer dollars.

Trump should tweet that he "had" her a couple of years ago!

I think they be prohibited from calling themselves Team USA as long they do not represent all of us - that means shut your mouth, kick the ball. If you do't like the pay, go find another team who thinks you are worth it.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #97
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wow, you sure have trouble following along.
Google "sarcasm" and get back to me.......

Old 07-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #98
elysiantraveller

Google "100%" while you're at it.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #99
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Google "100%" while you're at it.
And be sure to let Ely know what it means.
Because he is not getting that yo can be 100% behind something and still accept something else.

I'm guessing a student was left behind.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:24 PM   #100
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Because he is not getting that yo can be 100% behind something and still accept something else.

Who gets left behind in kindergarden?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #101
incoming

Quote:

You just described "The Three Musketeers" perfectly......hcap.....elys.....and mostie.

Mor' greenies comin'
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #102
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Girls play soccer?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #103
davew

I wonder if Rapinoe is going to argue for equal pay for her partner, Sue Bird. Sue has been a top WNBA player for years and has a salary near $115K playing for Seattle Storm. (WNBA teams have combined salary caps near $1 million/yr)
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 05:50 PM   #104
Tor Ekman

File under the heading: Things Few People Care About. I'm betting there won't be a second edition of the Aurora games, especially if they plan on having it in Albany again in 2021

Quote:
The Aurora Games were conceived of and created by Jerry Solomon. Mr. Solomon has been one of America's top sports marketing executives for more than 30 years. The Aurora Games, named in honor of the Roman goddess of the dawn, will be held every two years beginning with the inaugural edition at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY, August 20-25, 2019.

Designed to celebrate the best in women's sports, entertainment and culture, the Aurora Games will welcome all-star athletes, as well as coaches and trainers, representing more than 15 countries to downtown Albany to compete in an international competition of teams comprised of the Americas vs. the World. The six-day event will include team and individual competitions in basketball, tennis, figure skating, gymnastics, ice hockey and beach volleyball. Fans will also enjoy musical performances, food tastings, sports clinics, autograph sessions and seminars in the Aurora Games Fan Zone at the Albany Capital Center. For up-to-date information about the Aurora Games, visit AuroraGamesFestival.com or follow the Games on Twitter @AuroraGamesFest.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Session 1 on 8/20: Tennis
Session 2 on 8/21: Gymnastics
Session 3 on 8/22: Basketball
Session 4 on 8/23: Ice Hockey
Session 5 on 8/24: Figure Skating
Session 6 on 8/25: Beach Volleyball
* schedule subject to change
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #105
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
File under the heading: Things Few People Care About. I'm betting there won't be a second edition of the Aurora games, especially if they plan on having it in Albany again in 2021
The best place for a competition like this is a medium sized city like Albany.Put it in a big city and it will be ignored because there are other things that will get people's attention.Events like this depend on hundreds of volunteers to succeed and that's easier to do in a smaller city.There's a reason the Little League World Series has thrived in Williamsport PA and the College World Series in Omaha.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply