Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #6106
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

BEST-FIVE CONSENSUS FONNER 5-18

Best-Five hit the early pick-5 (again) for a nice payoff. It tanked after that.
Playing a Pick-5 50center with all 3 contenders in each of the 5 races, will run you $121.50.

If you can eliminate just ONE horse in the sequence, you'll knock off a third of that cost-bringing it down to $81. Eliminate 2 horses and you're looking at a $54 ticket.

Just make damn sure any horse you eliminate--DOESN'T WIN! I usually try to eliminate at least 1 horse...those $121.50 tickets add up quick if you lose for a couple weeks--entirely possible. And that's not including other bets you may have made during your losing streak.
If you want to play 20 different A-B-C tickets-go ahead.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #6107
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

There is an "all" button on the PLATINUM program--that will show you every horse running that day, or you can go race-by-race. All these columns are sortable, whether you're looking at a single race, or want to see every horse's ranking regardless of which race he's in.

What I'm showing here are just the top ten sorted by early speed. Remember--this is ALL the horses running on the card. Notice 8th race winner I'M LUCKY ranks on top of everyone in Speed Blast (an early speed ranking), as well as Early Power & Late Power. He had the top Bris speed , top E-1, was 2nd in Last 3 Speed total, and also E-2.

Did I bet this one? Nooooooo--as soon as I saw the rider, Luark... I turned my attention elsewhere. I guess it might be his
Dad that trains I'M LUCKY, but he wins at the same rate as the younger Luark...5%. Connections with a combined 10% win rate will find a way to screw this up.

Only today they didn't...the joke was on me. The Luark horse paid $14.80 while winning fairly easily. I hate horse racing.
See you tomorrow--NCG
Old 05-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #6108
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

FONNER 5-19

Would be nice if these 3 actually go off anywhere near their ML.

Sorry - ain't gonna happen

Old 05-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #6109
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Best-Five hit the early pick-5 (again) for a nice payoff. It tanked after that.
Playing a Pick-5 50center with all 3 contenders in each of the 5 races, will run you $121.50.

If you can eliminate just ONE horse in the sequence, you'll knock off a third of that cost-bringing it down to $81. Eliminate 2 horses and you're looking at a $54 ticket.

Just make damn sure any horse you eliminate--DOESN'T WIN! I usually try to eliminate at least 1 horse...those $121.50 tickets add up quick if you lose for a couple weeks--entirely possible. And that's not including other bets you may have made during your losing streak.
If you want to play 20 different A-B-C tickets-go ahead.

Really good winners listed at real good prices
Old 05-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #6110
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
Really good winners listed at real good prices
Nice going.....even if people bet 3 horses a race...the return is positive
Old 05-19-2020, 07:38 PM   #6111
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Nice looking horse--without looking at google image, anyone recognize him?
Old 05-20-2020, 12:59 AM   #6112
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

It's hard for me to believe that veteran, journeyman horse players
believe that 90+% of trainers are TRYING to win every race--and any manipulation is rare. Look in any past performances anywhere and it's so obvious what's going. The crazy quadruple class raises, wrong distances, and on and on.

This Fonner maiden sums it up with no doubt--LEON'S DIAMOND had never finished closer that 10 lengths. The trainer comically raises him way up in class--then brings him back in 9 days to the bottom.
In what is clearly inside betting...this horse had done nothing previously, but this day goes off at 7-1. That quadruple jump in class, and pathetically bad finish--certainly helped get that 7-1 payoff for all concerned in the final race, since he was undoubtedly ignored by most bettors who took his PP's at face value.

Naturally he wins by daylight. It doesn't get more blatant than this, does it? These betting coups don't always work out...but these guys earned this payday.

ps: Leon's debut against winners today (6F allowNW2): he ran 3rd by about a length as the longest shot on the board

Old 05-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #6113
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This method: BOSS-2, is actually one of the better mechanical methods to be found. It's called "BOSS-2" because it's an improvement over my original "B*O*S*S method that was included in the PONYPICKER program.

I specifically set out to select more "price" horses--so I also put in a 4-1 minimum. Original BOSS has no odds minimum. It works best at lower-level tracks, so don't expect much at Saratoga, etc.

There were no BOSS-2 plays at Tampa today...and I just don't play Will Rogers. Something ain't right with that track. I should OWN that low-level racing, but gave up last year due to losing my @$$.
BTW--I didn't include this play as part of the Best-Five consensus...due to the fact I wanted as many winners as possible --and this being a long shot play might cause some accuracy issues with the consensus.

This is the last 2 days at Fonner-and the last racing day at GGX. The day before @ GGX BOSS-2 had two selections - with one 2nd and the other out.

.I started to post the actual BOSS-2 play...but decided against it. I didn't want to see it coded into software and perhaps sold elsewhere.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #6114
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
This method: BOSS-2, is actually one of the better mechanical methods to be found. It's called "BOSS-2" because it's an improvement over my original "B*O*S*S method that was included in the PONYPICKER program.

I specifically set out to select more "price" horses--so I also put in a 4-1 minimum. Original BOSS has no odds minimum. It works best at lower-level tracks, so don't expect much at Saratoga, etc.

There were no BOSS-2 plays at Tampa today...and I just don't play Will Rogers. Something ain't right with that track. I should OWN that low-level racing, but gave up last year due to losing my @$$.
BTW--I didn't include this play as part of the Best-Five consensus...due to the fact I wanted as many winners as possible --and this being a long shot play might cause some accuracy issues with the consensus.

This is the last 2 days at Fonner-and the last racing day at GGX. The day before @ GGX BOSS-2 had two selections - with one 2nd and the other out.

.I started to post the actual BOSS-2 play...but decided against it. I didn't want to see it coded into software and perhaps sold elsewhere.
Your too late....
Theres a few that bought it just now and the coding started..
Since you dont charge $899 , its easy to get it...
Old 05-20-2020, 08:31 PM   #6115
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Your too late....
Theres a few that bought it just now and the coding started..
Since you dont charge $899 , its easy to get it...
You can get the program...but a programmer would need the source code. LOL I don't even have it.

The only thing I have is the method spelled out in English...that's what I almost posted - without thinking.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #6116
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Time for you to write a handicapping eBook?
Old 05-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #6117
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I should try that, Tom. I've got about a thousand spot plays on my computer...and they aren't copyrighted because, face it--there is almost NOTHING new in handicapping. Whatever it is...someone has already thought of it, tried it, and discarded it (or SOLD it to someone else)
Old 05-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #6118
lefty359

Yes, I was planning to suggest that myself, Greg. You could write an ebook on all the spot plays that are available through your prgms that can't be found with just one button...
Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #6119
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
You can get the program...but a programmer would need the source code. LOL I don't even have it.

The only thing I have is the method spelled out in English...that's what I almost posted - without thinking.
that happen quite often...
Old 05-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #6120
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dave Schwartz suggested someone do that just the other day....