Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #106
Elliott Sidewater

You bet a race at Presque Isle? Why????? (no one else does, handle for a Sunday night card was <$400K, pathetic)
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #107
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater
You bet a race at Presque Isle? Why????? (no one else does, handle for a Sunday night card was <$400K, pathetic)
Because i didnt see Saratoga, Del Mar or Gulfstream available to wager on?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #108
tanner12oz

Sunday is a bad day for pid because of competition and lack of tvg picking up the signal
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #109
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater
Why do you care?...
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #110
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

https://www.twinspires.com/tv/index....e=Thoroughbred

Try betting this horse and tell me why the jockey wasn't at least 1 path off the rail turning for home. But I must be insane, to want people to be proactive.

If the link doesn't work, I apologize. Its Ellis park July 11 race 8 number 4.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #111
Stillriledup
Veteran

I would have hit the tri in the 4th at Los Al if Bejarano is 3rd. What was this guy doing in the lane? It even appeared like he was going to be 3rd and he stopped riding at the wire. Very shady ride, looked like he did everything in his power to not finish in the top 3.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #112
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I would have hit the tri in the 4th at Los Al if Bejarano is 3rd. What was this guy doing in the lane? It even appeared like he was going to be 3rd and he stopped riding at the wire. Very shady ride, looked like he did everything in his power to not finish in the top 3.
SRU, I often agree with your subjective posts, but not this time. It appeared to me the was steadied in mid-stretch, and didn't want to go through the inside, and by the time the horse figured out it was okay, it was just too late. And Bejarano hardly did "everything in his power" - as close as that photo was, he would have needed to jump off the horse to stay out of the tri.

Besides, he was the chalk. A real "bad beat" can't be about the chalk, now, can it?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #113
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
SRU, I often agree with your subjective posts, but not this time. It appeared to me the was steadied in mid-stretch, and didn't want to go through the inside, and by the time the horse figured out it was okay, it was just too late. And Bejarano hardly did "everything in his power" - as close as that photo was, he would have needed to jump off the horse to stay out of the tri.

Besides, he was the chalk. A real "bad beat" can't be about the chalk, now, can it?
The tri would have paid probably between 300 and 500, so it wasn't "chalk" per se, i just needed him to be 3rd.

What made me mad is that the horse was lugging the entire lane and he was just trying to keep him straight, he was steering him behind the top 2 leaders...than, found a spot late in the race......and the horse was moving ok until he reached up and smacked the horse and the horse stopped running from the whip, at that point, with a few strides left, he strangled the horse in "woh woh woh" fashion....all he had to do was handride the final 10 yards and he's 3rd easily.

The 5 is 10 lengths better in real life than the 3 horse and he found a way to not be able to beat that horse to the wire despite looking like he was going to win by 10 turning for home.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #114
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The tri would have paid probably between 300 and 500, so it wasn't "chalk" per se, i just needed him to be 3rd.

What made me mad is that the horse was lugging the entire lane and he was just trying to keep him straight, he was steering him behind the top 2 leaders...than, found a spot late in the race......and the horse was moving ok until he reached up and smacked the horse and the horse stopped running from the whip, at that point, with a few strides left, he strangled the horse in "woh woh woh" fashion....all he had to do was handride the final 10 yards and he's 3rd easily.

The 5 is 10 lengths better in real life than the 3 horse and he found a way to not be able to beat that horse to the wire despite looking like he was going to win by 10 turning for home.
SRU, please invest your next tri's winnings in a new pair of glasses. The horse took a bad step in mid-stretch, veering out and losing ground and damn near falling, then when straightened out he started making up ground again, but took another bad step or shied from the whip near the wire. Very skittish, and as the announcer mentioned, "greenly". Watch the head-on replay. Anything but a shady ride. Bejarano had his hands full just getting the horse around the track.

Yeah, the $2 tri might have paid $400, but it was still the 6/5 chalk horse.

I hear your frustration though. That horse runs straight, he probably wins by 10. Maybe next time.......
Old 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #115
Stillriledup
Veteran

Whoever needed the 10 for 3rd in today's (Oct 12) 7th at SA i really feel for you. The tri with the favorite 3rd paid 1400 for a buck, the 10 was moving up the rail at 42-1 and Paulieman said the 10 got up for third......so if you had to listen to him tell you won, than find out you didnt, that's gotta hurt badly.

Tri would have paid at least 5k for a buck and you lost a cruel head bob.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #116
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
SRU, please invest your next tri's winnings in a new pair of glasses. The horse took a bad step in mid-stretch, veering out and losing ground and damn near falling, then when straightened out he started making up ground again, but took another bad step or shied from the whip near the wire. Very skittish, and as the announcer mentioned, "greenly". Watch the head-on replay. Anything but a shady ride. Bejarano had his hands full just getting the horse around the track.

Yeah, the $2 tri might have paid $400, but it was still the 6/5 chalk horse.

I hear your frustration though. That horse runs straight, he probably wins by 10. Maybe next time.......
I'm continually amazed how some people are so quick to blame factors out of anyone's control for them not cashing a bet ! Jockeys have to make split-second decisions when a horse all of a sudden loses it.Did the horse take a bad step, try to jump a shadow, get scared by the shriek of a seagull or much worse fracture a sesamoid. They are a very skittish animal and it doesn't take much to scare them, much less injure them.Or maybe your bet was just a bad bet.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #117
Stillriledup
Veteran

Absolutely excruciating beat in the 6th at Sunland for 2nd for anyone who needed the 6 horse "clean".

The 3-5 shot got passed at the top of the lane by the other main contender, the 3-5 shot appeared to be under "odd" handling by the rider, seemed like his chances were hopeless to hit the board and somehow, he just hung around and got an impossible dead heat for 2nd when it looked like the 6 had him dead to rights.

Terrible beat for those who were holding a 7-6 to not get the clean result and also a bad beat for those who needed the 3-5 shot off the board to collect hefty show payoffs, seemed like the whole field was going to pass this guy turning for home.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #118
luisbe

Not a bad beat but...
Race 4 at Woo last Sunday still haunting me. I liked number so I did a tri covered with the other 2 I liked to 1st and 2nd with all but one at 3rd.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (56.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (96.4 KB, 9 views)
luisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #119
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Or maybe your bet was just a bad bet.
Are you kidding me?!?! We never make the wrong decision!! We just get screwed!!

IT'S ALL FIXED!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!

Old 02-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #120
Stillriledup
Veteran

Not THAT bad of a beat, just rubbed it into myself in the 7th at Delta tonight. Had a 3-5 box and put my hands in the air celebrating on the far turn looking like a mortal lock and here comes the stupid even money shot from parts unknown reeling me in like it was a 1,356 foot stretch. Mama mia!