Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-13-2018, 02:59 AM   #46
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hopefully Trump does more than through paper towels out in this storm and does not brag about how great he is while people suffer.

I don't believe it. You are worse at politics than religion. The only guy that can find conspiracy theories in both.

Trump is colluding with Florence, I read it in mainstream media

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.26c6a3103266
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #47
hcap

What a jackass.

Trump says Puerto Rico death toll inflated by Democrats: '3000 people did not die'
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...in-puerto-rico

President Trump on Thursday accused Democrats, without evidence, of inflating the 3,000-person death count from last year's hurricanes in Puerto Rico in order “to make me look bad.”

The stunning accusation is Trump's latest attempt to defend his handling of natural disasters as Hurricane Florence bears down on the Southeastern U.S.

In a series of tweets, Trump disputed an independent report commissioned by Puerto Rico's government that raised the death toll from Hurricane Maria to 2,975.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths," Trump tweeted. "As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000."

The president said the number was manufactured "by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico."

"If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!" he added.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #48
Marshall Bennett

So what? Even if he made a "mistake", it will never compare to the mass of outright "lies" by your leaders....your press. Its pathetic. So get a grip its no big deal. Something else for you to cry about.

Next?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #49
sammy the sage

Back to the ORIGINAL topic...my prayers for those who are about to endure mother nature's wrath as she reminds us who is the boss...having lost $30k last year due to Irma...(no insurance for those loses...to lengthy to explain here)...but as long as you have your life and are healthy...that's ALL that will matter in the end...

Hopefully won't be too many STUPID people....and those that are...get what they deserve...no sympathy from me...such a ignoring evacuation orders ect...needlessly putting other lives at risk ect...
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #50
chadk66

Just heard an interesting stat. There have been 38% less hurricanes from Florida to New England in the last 50 years than the previous 50 years.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #51
Greyfox

What annoys me are the CNN and other news commentators who stand out in these hurricanes telling everyone to get out of them.
Why would anyone follow their advice, when they don't follow it themselves?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 01:58 AM   #52
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Just heard an interesting stat. There have been 38% less hurricanes from Florida to New England in the last 50 years than the previous 50 years.
We only deal with (NASA) recorded history here - the stuff before that is just too hard to adjust.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #53
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
What annoys me are the CNN and other news commentators who stand out in these hurricanes telling everyone to get out of them.
I was going to mention this too, after wading through the predictable political warfare. I know that sending reporters out to the beach is not new, but all the newsies have taken it to a new level with this one, it seems. I, for one, do not want to witness some guy or gal doing his job but getting killed doing it.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #54
GaryG
Unreconstructed

In Bristol it looks like race week. There are several campgrounds near BMS that are full. Camping is free, guests are just asked to clean up. Hotels are busy and churches and rec centers have been opened. I am sure it is the same in other areas on the perimeter like we are.

Hey Grits...you doing ok?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #55
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post

Kind of tells me that they don't believe all the "Storm of a lifetime" crap and all the doom and gloom they project to their audience. I am sick and tired of the way the media over hypes storms, making phony claims, "this one will be the biggest ever", blah,blah,blah. The media has no morals, they will do what it takes to get ratings and people to tune in. The frenzied panic they get some people whipped up in causes more havoc than the storms sometimes.
Of course the people close to the eye of the storm and coastal areas can get some bad damage, but the projections for the extended path of the storm never happen.

I find it aggravating as I live in an area where everyone panics. The local media fans the flames. I cannot remember which storm, last year I had been in and out of Richmond Va and all over the area buying supplies and running errands. Local media coverage would have you believe the whole town was severely flooded to the point it seemed it was a risk to travel there. I found no road closures and didn't even see any standing water in traffic lanes. The media must of found every single underpass with a plugged storm drain in the whole town and surrounding areas and projected like the whole town looked like that.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #56
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Kind of tells me that they don't believe all the "Storm of a lifetime" crap and all the doom and gloom they project to their audience. I am sick and tired of the way the media over hypes storms, making phony claims, "this one will be the biggest ever", blah,blah,blah. The media has no morals, they will do what it takes to get ratings and people to tune in. The frenzied panic they get some people whipped up in causes more havoc than the storms sometimes.
Of course the people close to the eye of the storm and coastal areas can get some bad damage, but the projections for the extended path of the storm never happen.

I find it aggravating as I live in an area where everyone panics. The local media fans the flames. I cannot remember which storm, last year I had been in and out of Richmond Va and all over the area buying supplies and running errands. Local media coverage would have you believe the whole town was severely flooded to the point it seemed it was a risk to travel there. I found no road closures and didn't even see any standing water in traffic lanes. The media must of found every single underpass with a plugged storm drain in the whole town and surrounding areas and projected like the whole town looked like that.
Everybody exaggerates about everything these days. We've become a country of wussies! Everything is a big thing.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 09-14-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #57
hcap

Trump supporters. Too bad you guys have no sense of humor.
He is a giant jackass that's gonna sink the reugs for years.
Has-ha! Laugh it up.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

N Carolina getting a lot of water this morning. Cat 1 but moving slowly. More water to come. No power in Wilmington, rescue calls coming in.

People facing a real life emergency.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #59
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

People just refuse to heed warnings. Someone texted emergency services, "seven people and 2 dogs in flooded house,moving everyone to the attic"!
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #60
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
People just refuse to heed warnings. Someone texted emergency services, "seven people and 2 dogs in flooded house,moving everyone to the attic"!

I just think the average person is not that good when it comes to having common sense and being aware of what risks they face. Hope those people and the dogs are going to be fine, but I am willing to guess where they are at has flooded or almost flooded numerous times over the last couple decades.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: