Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #16
chadk66

WINNING
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 01:12 AM   #17
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
WINNING
Yep, create the crisis, hype a fake solution, bathe in the cult's glowing adoration.

Sounds familiar.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #18
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
The hubris is off the charts. I love it. That is one of the many things I like about you. Sincerely. Other things include your knowledge of the markets and belief in the power of cash flow, and your caring for your friends.

Thanks for the kind words. You do know that even in my most 'arrogant' of moments, I am smiling to myself as well as you guys.

Yes, it does help to be right all the time.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 06:37 AM   #19
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Yep, create the crisis, hype a fake solution, bathe in the cult's glowing adoration.

Sounds familiar.
Obama?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #20
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Sounds familiar.
The focus group tested "cult" thing hasn't gained any traction and it's mainly cuz far left progressives are much closer to being a group think cult than liberals or conservatives.

If you're denying that progress wasn't make yesterday with the EU then you would be denying reality. Trump has always negotiated through the press and social media. The Farm subsidies were suggested to let the E.U. and China know that the U.S. was committed to hanging tough on trade. The worst part is that people in his own party were undermining his strategy in a very public way (Kasick and Corker). It really sucks when people who are supposed to be in the same party and for the a stronger America waive the white flag ONLY because they hate Trump. So as far as that goes the Dems did what I expected while the Never Trump Republicans were the real disappointments and embarrassed themselves.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

At least now maybe some of this stupidity can stop. Not holding my breath though. It's not the first time Europe has tried reason with this administration.
I can feel your pain.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I can feel your pain.
What pain?

Completely free trade is my position. Not Trump's.

If he follows through and we sign a NAFTA with Europe I'll be happy.

Europe just inked a free trade deal with Japan a week ago.

I'm not the one who has suddenly flipped on the issue.

I favor multilateral trade deals... not bilateral like Trump.

If this comes to fruition it would be the largest multilateral deal EVER. Now I'm even more confused why he abandoned TPP.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-26-2018 at 07:50 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Now I'm even more confused why he abandoned TPP.
Because it sucked. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it bad.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #24
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Because it sucked. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it bad.
Great analysis.

How did it suck?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
tucker6

Quote:
Great analysis.

How did it suck?
I don't have time to analyze things for you. You're welcome to try it yourself, report back on your thoughts, and we'll give you or
Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #26
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I don't have time to analyze things for you. You're welcome to try it yourself, report back on your thoughts, and we'll give you or
It's fine... I'll wait.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #27
tucker6

Quote:
It's fine... I'll wait.
That you will. I can't wait for Clocker's pontification on why Trump's trade strategy will kill the common man. I'm sure he'll post three or four papers from 'esteemed' economists as to why we should grovel for crumbs. Fair trade doesn't have to be free, but it must be fair. The only thing Trump is doing is changing the playing field and the rules of the game. That's EXACTLY how business is done day in and day out throughout the world. He's simply taking a business approach to governmental affairs. If you can't win at the game being played, change it.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
That you will. I can't wait for Clocker's pontification on why Trump's trade strategy will kill the common man. I'm sure he'll post three or four papers from 'esteemed' economists as to why we should grovel for crumbs. Fair trade doesn't have to be free, but it must be fair. The only thing Trump is doing is changing the playing field and the rules of the game. That's EXACTLY how business is done day in and day out throughout the world. He's simply taking a business approach to governmental affairs. If you can't win at the game being played, change it.
No...

Clocker has stated that Tariffs hurt American's... I think there is a pretty long list of those that were hurt. Case Study 1A would be the $12 Billion bailout to Soy Farmers.

But anyway...

Again no.

Europe has inked 3 Free Trade Agreements in the past 3 months...

Europe has been open to free trade. They were before this stupidity started and they have been since. Its TRUMP who has now changed.

None of this was necessary AT ALL.

Nothing has changed but the rhetoric out of the Administration. Free trade now apparently equals fair trade... even though it didn't back in March.

Still waiting on why TPP sucked... I didn't say it... you did.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-26-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #29
Clocker

Quote:
That you will. I can't wait for Clocker's pontification on why Trump's trade strategy will kill the common man.

I have posted a number of responses to your previous similar posts that rejected free trade and praised Trump. Neither you nor any of the other big tariff supporters ever responded to those (and I suspect didn't read them), so I see no point in continuing to waste my time.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #30
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I have posted a number of responses to your previous similar posts that rejected free trade and praised Trump. Neither you nor any of the other big tariff supporters ever responded to those (and I suspect didn't read them), so I see no point in continuing to waste my time.
A strong policy