Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #106
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I’m sure I’ve had much more interaction with Thaskalos than you could possibly imagine.
You have me at a disadvantage; I honestly can't recall interacting with you on a wide scale here...mainly because your focus seems to be on the overseas version of the game...something that I am not particularly interested in. Sure...we've gotten into the occasional scrape here...but I don't know that this could accurately be called "more interaction than you could possibly imagine...". Might you have me confused with someone else?

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-09-2019 at 10:05 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2019, 12:08 AM   #107
Ocala Mike

So, given all the Derby kerfluffle, I don't guess it would be a good idea to lighten up Sally Jenkins' weekend by sending her this:
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #108
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
So if a person is apprehended right after committing a murder a reporter should be sure to mention that the murderer was an eagle scout, volunteered at a homeless shelter, and went to church every Sunday all in the name of balance?
lmao.

I would consider balance in a murder case to be using words like "accused", and "alleged", the inclusion of any details related to the motive, and whether there are any witnesses that dispute the official story.

if there are mitigating circumstances (like a fight that escalated) you have to include information like that because there are degrees of murder that involve different punishments.

If you didn't show that kind of balance, your audience would presume the worst and for all we know the guy may not even be guilty.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #109
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How easy do you suppose it is to come up with a list of the "good things" about this game?
How about this?

classhandicapper and his partners love their horses (only 2 right now) and always make sure they have a good home when injuries and/or lack of talent end their racing careers.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #110
Ocala Mike

Also that small-time breeder Ocala Mike bought an aged mare (Party Cut Up) out of a dispersal sale for $900, saved her from the killers, bred her to Island Whirl, and watched her filly, Island Party, win for her owners at River Downs. Gave her a good life here afterwards, too.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #111
The_Turf_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
But how many 2-furlong races are run every year?

And no North American track has ever run a turf race shorter than 4 1/2 furlongs.
It was either Atlantic City or Meadowlands that was running turf sprints at a few hundred yards within the last 10 years
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #112
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Also that small-time breeder Ocala Mike bought an aged mare (Party Cut Up) out of a dispersal sale for $900, saved her from the killers, bred her to Island Whirl, and watched her filly, Island Party, win for her owners at River Downs. Gave her a good life here afterwards, too.
A couple more stories like this...and I'll write the Jenkins rebuttal myself. I always had you pegged as a classy guy, Mike.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #113
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A couple more stories like this...and I'll write the Jenkins rebuttal myself. I always had you pegged as a classy guy, Mike.
I'll gladly give you another one. Debbie Lee, an Oklahoma breeder, always stipulates that anyone buying one of her horses sell it back to her when their racing career ends.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply