Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Did You Have a Winning year in 2018?
I had a winning year in 2018 48 22.54%
I came close to breaking even in 2018 29 13.62%
I had a losing year in 2018 115 53.99%
I don't want to know how I did in 2018 / I don't keep records 21 9.86%
Voters: 213. This poll is closed

Old 03-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #61
horseplayer

I deposited $900 to my online account over the yr - made a $500 withdrawal and lost the rest - out $400 for a loss
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #62
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
I swung for the fences in the 2018 Kentucky Derby and 2018 Belmont Stakes. None of my bets hit for those races, so chalk it up as a loss. Or the cost of entertainment.

The only other thing I play is the Super Bowl boxes. I played one sheet this year (5 boxes at $20/box) and hit 3Q/4Q and the reverses. I thought I was going to lose on that FG attempt and settle for the minor prizes.

Altogether, I made it on the plus side (2-1 payoff) with what I spent. Absolute luck. I had no faith in 3/3 knowing the offensive firepower of both teams.

Part of my superstition is to share a bit of your winnings with others for karmic reasons. So I bought bagels and several spreads (including lox) for our entire department (about 50 people). The bagels went like a cow walking into the Amazon river.... They were actually good bagels, hard to find a good ones outside of NYC, but these were as good as considering these were made in NJ.

Small winnings compared to what you guys hit, but I consider myself lucky. Hopefully the luck will rub off in this year's Derby.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: