Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #196
Marshall Bennett

Playoffs / Sat. - Sun.

Texans -1
Seahawks +2.5
Chargers +3
Bears -6.5

Last week : 2-2
Year : 33-20
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #197
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Saturday playoffs
Texans (-1 1/2) over the Colts.Colts are the best story (along with Patrick Mahomes)in the league this year but they have been playing over their heads the second half.Houston brings them back to earth.

Cowboys (-2 1/2) over the Seahawks.Dallas has been up and down the whole year.Seattle is being looked upon as a SB dark horse.Strict hunch play, I think the "good" Dallas shows up today.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #198
ElKabong

Forget the games, did anyone see the fox pregame show? Whoever the short haired hot blonde is, they showed her from every angle a female body can be shown. .. And showcased.... Tight sweater, tight pants, camera all over her. Sounds sexist, but it was obvious they were showcasing her.

First time all year I've watched their pregame show. I've been missing out. Girl is hot.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 08:21 PM   #199
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Texans -1
Seahawks +2.5
Chargers +3
Bears -6.5

Last week : 2-2
Year : 33-20
No bets for me, but I heard on ESPN radio that 48% of the road teams in round one (since many years) have won. That percentage drops considerably in the second round for obvious reasons. Seems like a good deal to just take road dogs in round one
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #200
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
No bets for me, but I heard on ESPN radio that 48% of the road teams in round one (since many years) have won. That percentage drops considerably in the second round for obvious reasons. Seems like a good deal to just take road dogs in round one
Dogs were 4-0 last year in first round.10-1 ats overall. According to Vegas insider.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #201
Secondbest

Chiefs are -5 . Seattle killing themselves.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:48 PM   #202
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Saturday playoffs
Texans (-1 1/2) over the Colts.Colts are the best story (along with Patrick Mahomes)in the league this year but they have been playing over their heads the second half.Houston brings them back to earth.

Cowboys (-2 1/2) over the Seahawks.Dallas has been up and down the whole year.Seattle is being looked upon as a SB dark horse.Strict hunch play, I think the "good" Dallas shows up today.
I was completely wrong about the Colts.Kudos to them.And I was right about the Cowboys-"good" Dallas showed up-but they couldn't stop the 2 point conversion after the last minute TD so I lost the cover. An inauspicious 0-2 playoff start.

Bettor luck tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #203
barahona44

Ravens (-2 1/2) over. the Chargers.To paraphrase Robert De Niro ,as Al Capone, in The Untouchables,in the playoffs, a good defense will get you far, a good defense and a running game will get you farther.How Lamar Jackson reacts to his first playoff game is the X factor.LA gets a break as it will be 53° in Charm City, so weather shouldn't be a major factor.Crossing three time zones to play a 1:00 PM game is a real thing, however.Winner of this gets to play the Patriots next week in Foxboro.New England is praying it's not the Ravens who always give the Pats fits in the playoffs.

Eagles (+6 1/2) over the Bears.Young team in the playoffs for the first time in several years vs. lightning striking twice.Too much being made of Nick Foles maybe coming through two years in a row.I'm more likely to buy Mitchell Trubisky first time jitters.That Bears D is real but giving almost a TD to a good team on a roll seems too generous.

Playoffs 0-2-0

Last edited by barahona44; 01-06-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #204
Secondbest

I believe yesterday showed what happens to a running QB who gets behind in the playoffs. They have to throw . Watson couldn't. If Baltimore gets behind early can Jackson throw? I think he threw for 200 yds once this year. But I could be wrong on that. In the last game the Chargers lost a fumble on a drive and had a pick six. Can't count on that every game. Lynn puts six or seven in the box and dares Jackson to throw. If he can Ravens win if he can't they lose. I don't think he can .Chargers + 2 1/2.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #205
HHE10
BANNED

Cool

Chargers +3

Bears -6.5

Good Luck all Go Chargers !!!
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #206
ultracapper

Seahawks have an equation they go by. Rushing attempts plus completed passes equals 50 equals WIN. I haven't seen the box score, but I wish they would have thrown the game on Wilson's shoulders and let him get a lion's share of the 50. The play calling and ultimate objective of each drive was effected by the loss of Janakowski, but the reason I think the Seahawks didn't show as well as they could have is because they didn't accept the fact that the running game just wasn't going to get it done last night.

Homers at the betting windows are hating the 2 pt conversion right about now.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #207
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Seahawks have an equation they go by. Rushing attempts plus completed passes equals 50 equals WIN. I haven't seen the box score, but I wish they would have thrown the game on Wilson's shoulders and let him get a lion's share of the 50. The play calling and ultimate objective of each drive was effected by the loss of Janakowski, but the reason I think the Seahawks didn't show as well as they could have is because they didn't accept the fact that the running game just wasn't going to get it done last night.

Homers at the betting windows are hating the 2 pt conversion right about now.
I agree Every first down was a run for zero yds. More often than not they ran on 2nd for a few. Better off letting Wilson throw.
The two teams who relied most on the run going into the playoffs both lost.
If the chargers play like they did today in NE they're going to lose.
Fortunately the pats don't have the raven pass rush.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #208
Secondbest

Pats opened -4 1/2.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #209
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Ravens (-2 1/2) over. the Chargers.To paraphrase Robert De Niro ,as Al Capone, in The Untouchables,in the playoffs, a good defense will get you far, a good defense and a running game will get you farther.How Lamar Jackson reacts to his first playoff game is the X factor.LA gets a break as it will be 53° in Charm City, so weather shouldn't be a major factor.Crossing three time zones to play a 1:00 PM game is a real thing, however.Winner of this gets to play the Patriots next week in Foxboro.New England is praying it's not the Ravens who always give the Pats fits in the playoffs.

Eagles (+6 1/2) over the Bears.Young team in the playoffs for the first time in several years vs. lightning striking twice.Too much being made of Nick Foles maybe coming through two years in a row.I'm more likely to buy Mitchell Trubisky first time jitters.That Bears D is real but giving almost a TD to a good team on a roll seems too generous.

Playoffs 0-2-0
Chargers won in what turned out to be a semi-exciting game.Glad for the Chargers as Philip Rivers deserves a chance to win a Super Bowl.However that 4th quarter in which they let Baltimore back in the game doesn't bode well for LA going to New England.

Tough break for Chicago in what was a well played game.I have a theory on why kicking has deteriorated.I blame the placing the extra point back to the 15 for extra points.The PAT used to be automatic which built a player's confidence. With a more challenging play , this results in more missed kicks.This plays with a kicker's head and now field goals are being affected.Just my two cents.

Eagles covered, Ravens don't. Playoffs (1-3-0)

Old 01-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #210
Bogo

Well so much for the new NFL where you can't win with an immobile pocket passer. Many ways to skin a cat I guess.

Last edited by Bogo; 01-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: