Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #31
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by precocity
Breeders' Cup Classic 1999

6 Cat Thief 41.00 17.00 9.60
9 Budroyale 21.20 12.80
4 Golden Missile 30.20

Final Time: 1:59.52

$2 Trifecta $39,031.20
$2 Exacta $1,209.60
$1 Superfecta $692,907.00
Do you know why that super paid so much? Because you had to bet 1 dollar to get it. No dime boxes were available.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #32
Stillriledup
Veteran

How's this for a beat. I need Gia IsaBElla to get 4th at Hollywood in the 5th race. I save all the ground, Brice Blanc rides a good race, i'm knifing for the last check and the 6 horse, some other 30-1 shot, who was stalking and dropping back, appears, SOMEHOW, on the far outside to 'come again' and nail me for 4th.

I can't get over this type of beat, this just doesnt make any sense to me.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #33
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
How's this for a beat. I need Gia IsaBElla to get 4th at Hollywood in the 5th race. I save all the ground, Brice Blanc rides a good race, i'm knifing for the last check and the 6 horse, some other 30-1 shot, who was stalking and dropping back, appears, SOMEHOW, on the far outside to 'come again' and nail me for 4th.

I can't get over this type of beat, this just doesnt make any sense to me.
Or the 7-1 shot you have leads by 5 with 100 yds to go you start that walk to the windows and while looking over your shoulder, your 7-1 shot wilts like a tomato in the hot sun and gets nailed at the wire. Worse yet, with a bad head bob....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

$40 win 9 pimlico today race 8........judges posted the wrong number....9 nailed him 100 percent at 4/1...he hit the superimposed wire first why have it of it don't count?!???
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
$40 win 9 pimlico today race 8........judges posted the wrong number....9 nailed him 100 percent at 4/1...he hit the superimposed wire first why have it of it don't count?!???
I don't understand..
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #36
SharpCat

Quote:

They posted the photo for the race. He got beat by piece of paper.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
Phantombridgejumpe

???

So your theory is the posted an incorrect number so they made up a photo?

Until prices go up why not make the correction?
Phantombridgejumpe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #38
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat
They posted the photo for the race. He got beat by piece of paper.
I got right up next to the tv at pimlico and saw no space between the wire....

Walked in to watch stretch drive replay thougt 9 nailed him easy walk bask outside they take the photo down and put up the ugly 8ball....I was livid...zero space between wire and 9 In photo
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #39
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I got right up next to the tv at pimlico and saw no space between the wire....

Walked in to watch stretch drive replay thougt 9 nailed him easy walk bask outside they take the photo down and put up the ugly 8ball....I was livid...zero space between wire and 9 In photo
Thank god for the Bad beat thread!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #40
JohnGalt1

I've had bad beats, like the $2.5 million pool pick six loss at Santa Anita years ago where my only losing horse was three lengths in front, but was passed at the finish. Winners got $72k, I got $950 for five.

But it was the horse I meant to play that lost.

But the worst bad beats are when I beat myself.

Some by missing or overlooking something in my handicapping. That's sloppy work and unacceptable to me.

But worse than that is NOT RECHECKING MY TICKET, or online ticket. Which I usually do.

Except Friday June 7th.

I played a $64 pick six ticket at AP with 2 horses in the 8th race. I meant to play the 4, 6, instead I played the 6,9. (In the pick 4 and pick five I played the 4,6,9, the 9 who I thought might win but didn't want to include it the pick six.)

You know what happened, the 4 won the 8th race and my intended pick 6 ticket won and paid $5600.

I went to the betting page of Twin Spires and saw that I made a $650 profit for the day, having won the late pick 3, pick 4 and pick five. Where the &*% is my $5600? It was then I looked at my ticket and saw the mistake.

My first example with the SA miss was a bad beat.

Yesterday's was a me-beat-me bad beat where my handicapping won.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #41
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Sonofaaaaaa!!!!!!! I had $20 on the nose of El Genio!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #42
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Right now I'm not taking a bad beat, just a regular beating on a big day. All my win bets are either coming in the money or further back.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
Right now I'm not taking a bad beat, just a regular beating on a big day. All my win bets are either coming in the money or further back.
Welcome to the club.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1
I've had bad beats, like the $2.5 million pool pick six loss at Santa Anita years ago where my only losing horse was three lengths in front, but was passed at the finish. Winners got $72k, I got $950 for five.

But it was the horse I meant to play that lost.

But the worst bad beats are when I beat myself.

Some by missing or overlooking something in my handicapping. That's sloppy work and unacceptable to me.

But worse than that is NOT RECHECKING MY TICKET, or online ticket. Which I usually do.

Except Friday June 7th.

I played a $64 pick six ticket at AP with 2 horses in the 8th race. I meant to play the 4, 6, instead I played the 6,9. (In the pick 4 and pick five I played the 4,6,9, the 9 who I thought might win but didn't want to include it the pick six.)

You know what happened, the 4 won the 8th race and my intended pick 6 ticket won and paid $5600.

I went to the betting page of Twin Spires and saw that I made a $650 profit for the day, having won the late pick 3, pick 4 and pick five. Where the &*% is my $5600? It was then I looked at my ticket and saw the mistake.

My first example with the SA miss was a bad beat.

Yesterday's was a me-beat-me bad beat where my handicapping won.

First time I used my own quote, because I DID IT AGAIN!!!

I played the pick 3 Saturday at Belmont ending with the 5,7,9,11,13,14, and when the 12 won I was disappointed I didn't win with 6 horses covered. I whished I had played Palace Malice since I usually play horses with blinkers off.

When I checked my account I was credited with the $187.50 pick 3 win. So I checked my ticket. I played the 5,7,9,11,12,13, by mistake, and should not have won. Because I should have entered the bet correctly the first time, should have realized my mistake as I was clicking to confirm, and then caught on rechecking all the bet I made when I was done betting.

I contribute this as my therapy and to all who have had me-beat-me moments, even in the rare times that good results happen.

Though +187 doesn't make up for -5600.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1
First time I used my own quote, because I DID IT AGAIN!!!

I played the pick 3 Saturday at Belmont ending with the 5,7,9,11,13,14, and when the 12 won I was disappointed I didn't win with 6 horses covered. I whished I had played Palace Malice since I usually play horses with blinkers off.

When I checked my account I was credited with the $187.50 pick 3 win. So I checked my ticket. I played the 5,7,9,11,12,13, by mistake, and should not have won. Because I should have entered the bet correctly the first time, should have realized my mistake as I was clicking to confirm, and then caught on rechecking all the bet I made when I was done betting.

I contribute this as my therapy and to all who have had me-beat-me moments, even in the rare times that good results happen.

Though +187 doesn't make up for -5600.
Something similar happened to me a few months ago, i bet a pick 5 and the ticket was 8 deep in the last leg. Somehow, i only got 7 deep and of course, the one horse i left out, the 1 horse, ended up winning. Cost me 3 grand or something like that. I wasnt too happy because i thought i had won and didnt realize the mistake till after the races were over. If i had known i left out the 1 horse, i may have made a win bet on him, or some other type of 'saver'.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: