Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #211
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
If it happened. There are three sides to every story: he said, she said, and the facts.
Yes..."if it happened". No one knows why these alleged victims wait so long to tell their story, but they often do...and their stories often prove factual. Charges of this nature should not be ignored, IMO...regardless of the elapsed in-between time.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #212
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes..."if it happened". No one knows why these alleged victims wait so long to tell their story, but they often do...and their stories often prove factual. Charges of this nature should not be ignored, IMO...regardless of the elapsed in-between time.

I agree. But here, in addition to the elapsed time, there appears to be zero objective evidence to support either side.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #213
thaskalos

Quote:
I agree. But here, in addition to the elapsed time, there appears to be zero objective evidence to support either side.
True...and this is exactly the reason why I have chosen to live my own life in relative anonymity. I refuse to pay the "price of fame".
Old 09-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #214
Clocker

Quote:
True...and this is exactly the reason why I have chosen to live my own life in relative anonymity. I refuse to pay the "price of fame".

Ditto. And few recognize the value of the resulting freedom.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #215
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm almost hoping she's telling the truth just so I don't have to think my fellow countrymen are such horrible scumbags I'm almost at the point of thinking that secession or violence are the only possible solutions.
They will do or say anything to stop Trump and especially his Supreme Court nomination at this point.

You can't put anything past anyone at this point. Their back is up against the wall with this SC nominee. They're afraid of their own shadow...afraid of RvW being overturned...afraid of so much...they can't allow this to happen.

So they must stop this nominee, take back the house and hopefully the Senate, and then their magic can happen.

If they can't stop SPECIAL K, then all will be for naught.

Desperate times call for desperate measures...even if it means going all the way back to high school.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-17-2018 at 01:49 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #216
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
She claims he got on top of her, was groping her trying to get her clothes off, then when she tried to scream, he covered her mouth.

A bit more than trying to steal a kiss in third grade.

Then again, these are allegations, not proven facts. So who knows what really went down. She said, he said.

Hopefully, Republicans are taking notes for the future.
Those are pretty serious charges...hedging on attempted Statutory rape. Isn't there another guy who is somehow involved in her accusation denying her accusations, as well?

Let's see: a clinical psychology professor from CA ; old family ties with the Kavanaugh family; supposedly so traumatized by what she claims to have had occurred that she suppressed it for about 34 years until it just suddenly "popped out" while getting psychological counseling herself. How did she ever manage to get herself through college and beyond establishing a teaching career for herself? Should a clinical psychologist with psychological issues of her own even be teaching, let alone in the field of psychology?

Does this make any sense? Why is the 'husband' doing all of the talking to the WP? Did his wife ever actually accuse Kavanaugh directly?:

Quote:
Russell Ford, her husband, also told The Washington Post that his wife detailed the alleged assault during a couple’s therapy session in 2012. During therapy, he said his wife talked about a time when she was trapped in a room with two drunken boys, and one of them had pinned her to a bed, molested her and tried to prevent her from screaming.

He said he [HE] remembered his wife specifically using Kavanaugh’s name. She said during the session, Russell Ford recalled, she was scared he [he who?] would one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...isconduct.html
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #217
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
This has already been debunked. Post #174

Case was dismissed.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #218
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Certainly part of the stink. The handling smells like they didn't give it much credibility, and sat on it until they saw that all else had failed. Feinstein grasping at straws.
Yeah her office should have shared it when they received it.

I'm inclined to believe something assaulty happened but they were drunk and 17. It doesn't make it okay but after this much time... <shrug>

I guess I kinda agree with Hcap, you, and PA on this one...

Just let it all come out and let the chips fall. This wouldn't have swayed my vote.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #219
boxcar

Quote:
What more can be done to "assess character" of Kavenaugh at this point?

There is apparently no evidence except he said, she said. Her character is now highly questionable given the way she has handled the issue. Why wait 35 years to say anything, especially given previous confirmation hearings for Kavenaugh? Why send an anonymous letter to “a senior Democratic lawmaker,” rather than openly to Trump or to his appointment advisors or to the Senator judiciary committee or to the FBI? Or even to the liberal media? Why did she and the Dems sit on this until the last minute? Me thinks I smell a rat.
The dimwits had this gal waiting in the wings in case of an emergency. The emergency has arrived, so she has crawled out of her hole.

But again...I doubt she'll make it to any committee. Although, supposedly she has requested a close-door meeting, which I hope Mitch turns down.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #220
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You guys who are working so hard to completely dismiss this woman's accusations are playing right into the left's (and ely's) hands, because they will just point out your hypocrisy when it comes to Bill Clinton's accusers etc etc....

You guys tore Clinton a new asshole for decades, and most recently Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, among others...but Kavanaugh gets a pass?

I mean, granted, this is going WAY BACK...to high school...which is suspect in and of itself (going to be basically impossible to prove one way or another without video evidence)...but still...calm the F down.
Comparing Clinton's behavior with that of a person with an adolescent brain is really not a good comparison.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #221
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I mean, what do you do when your political opponent is a blatant scumbag making shit up to destroy innocent people for political gain?
We just did that , in 2016 - we BEAT HER!
Old 09-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #222
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
However the interview and investigation of his accuser Dr. Christine Blasey Ford should be made public. We need to assess character of both as best as possible.
Hey, here is a thought - what better way to do that than to look as his life the last 30+ years, particularly his time on the bench. I would think that would out-weight anything he did in school a long time ago.

Or do you thing this is his master plan- get to the SC and THEN let loose on woman everywhere?
Old 09-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #223
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
The FBI has done numerous background checks the Federal Judge Kavanaugh.
He will be a Supreme but the Dems will forever accuse and demean him as a rapist. Case closed.

She was 11.
We have sitting judge who has been vetted by the FBI - and remember, Danny told us the current vetting process is 100%
good to go!

And then we have a last minute leftist agitator with an agenda pertaining to the SC justices who pops up with a 30 year old story.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #224
classhandicapper

Quote:
Yes..."if it happened". No one knows why these alleged victims wait so long to tell their story.
Again, it may be more likely she's telling the entire truth as she remembers it than not.

But the delay is why I said it feels like a political ploy to delay the confirmation until after the election. If the democrats win the election, then they can stop him. But you need a way to delay the confirmation first.

Of course if destroying a man's life and reputation with lies is the tactic a party is wiling to use, then I know they are a bunch of scumbags I want nothing to do with.

It kind of reminds me of a joke Chris Rock used to tell about OJ Simpson murdering Nicole Brown. He would talk about some of the "rumors" of what was going on behind the scenes and then say, "I don't condone it, but I understand".

That's exactly the way I would feel if right wingers finally started using all those weapons they've been stockpiling. I don't condone violence, but at a certain point I'd like to get a bet down that it happens in response to the left and media. It's coming. Some guy or group is going to get really pissed off, but they aren't going to be the type of person that goes to a message board to let out some steam. hey are going to kill people and blow things up.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-17-2018 at 03:18 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #225
Andy Asaro

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/17/...6tseU8.twitter

Excerpt:

Without the emergence of new evidence, we will never know if Christine Blasey Ford’s accusation against Brett Kavanaugh is true or not. There’s nothing Kavanaugh can do or say that will clear his name. But if you’re a man, a single uncorroborated account that dates back to 1982 is all your critics need to accuse you of attempted rape.

There is no possible outcome in which Democrats will concede Kavanaugh’s innocence, or even concede that we can’t really know what transpired on that night 36 years ago. Republicans can accede to as many hearings as Democrats demand, and it won’t alter any of the liberal rhetoric or perceptions of partisans. Republicans could put Kavanaugh’s classmates under oath and have them deny that anything inappropriate or criminal occurred that night, and it wouldn’t. It doesn’t matter if 65 women come forward and attest to Kavanaugh’s sterling character — in fact, for Democrats, it’s merely confirmation that the judge is covering something up. It doesn’t matter that, as far as we now know, there’s no pattern of bad behavior from Kavanaugh into adulthood (unlike say, Roy Moore or Bill Clinton).

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 09-17-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply