Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
fast4522

House Republicans Unveil Plan to Make Individuals’ Tax Cuts Permanent

Red tide.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-r...ent-1536615799
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
OntheRail

Ran right into a Pay Wall.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
In Washington, "permanent" means until after the next election.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
cordoba
Veteran

They are trying to win in November. I am not buying it, and no one else should either. I have not really seen the benefits of the last tax cuts except a few (a very few) dollars more per month in my paycheck (like $20). This doesn't even keep up with the rate of inflation, and considering I am not making any more salary (actually less) than I was ten years ago, the tax cuts mean nothing. Only that we are getting screwed some other way (like the national debt, and the fact that the rich are seeing most of the benefits of the tax cuts).
cordoba is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
chadk66

If they are trying to use it for Nov. they better pass it before Nov.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
elysiantraveller

It won't pass.

Its posturing.

House could pass it and the Senate Chamber sits on it. Idea being make the House Republicans look like they want to lower taxes more...

Problem is a lot of House Republicans don't want to be forced to vote on it because of their races and the fact in some of their districts the tax cuts actually hurt them.

Despite opinion around here it shows how desperate the GOP is getting... mid-terms don't look good.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
It won't pass.

Its posturing.

House could pass it and the Senate Chamber sits on it. Idea being make the House Republicans look like they want to lower taxes more...

Problem is a lot of House Republicans don't want to be forced to vote on it because of their races and the fact in some of their districts the tax cuts actually hurt them.

Despite opinion around here it shows how desperate the GOP is getting... mid-terms don't look good.

Despite the opinion around here
?? Again, another empty-headed comment ...

This place has devolved into a 'whine fest' of idiot Trump bashers, childlike know-it-alls and plain ol' lunatic lefties and nuts.

Republican wins come November will paint the USA a Crimson Mask of GOP red which will bring tears and jeers to the K-12 flakes, mark my words.

And you can go to the bank on that -- better yet, go bet with both hands that you are right and the rest of the country is wrong.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #8
lamboguy

yes they lowered the tax rate, but they certainly didn't lower the price of oil to heat your house and gas to drive your car. gasoline is up about $1 in the last 2 years while the dollar is slightly stronger, an anomaly for sure. almost everything that you need to spend your money cost more, like your mortgage and car loans. also i have lost some of my deductions on my taxes.

so for me and some other people, have not benefited from this tax relief. but you can bet your bottom dollar that the insurance companies and bankers have. and they are the guys that can't pick your pockets fast enough.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

Despite the opinion around here
?? Again, another empty-headed comment ...

This place has devolved into a 'whine fest' of idiot Trump bashers, childlike know-it-alls and plain ol' lunatic lefties and nuts.

Republican wins come November will paint the USA a Crimson Mask of GOP red which will bring tears and jeers to the K-12 flakes, mark my words.

And you can go to the bank on that -- better yet, go bet with both hands that you are right and the rest of the country is wrong.
We will see who is right in about 60 days.

GOP has already raised the White Flag in my home state. Same with Penmsylvania. Ted Cruz's campaign is eating up dollars...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoba View Post
They are trying to win in November. I am not buying it, and no one else should either. I have not really seen the benefits of the last tax cuts except a few (a very few) dollars more per month in my paycheck (like $20). This doesn't even keep up with the rate of inflation, and considering I am not making any more salary (actually less) than I was ten years ago, the tax cuts mean nothing. Only that we are getting screwed some other way (like the national debt, and the fact that the rich are seeing most of the benefits of the tax cuts).
Small business owners are reaping rewards. S-Corp types are paying way less. Depending on income levels it’s a huge to some.

Just because you’re not getting it, doesn’t mean others aren’t
Old 09-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoba View Post

Oh, BS.
A lot of people are making more, have jobs......but screw then because YOU don't see it.

BS.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Small business owners are reaping rewards. S-Corp types are paying way less. Depending on income levels it’s a huge to some.

Just because you’re not getting it, doesn’t mean others aren’t
He thinks his tiny, little universe that spins around inside his head represents the real universe.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #13
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
yes they lowered the tax rate, but they certainly didn't lower the price of oil to heat your house and gas to drive your car. gasoline is up about $1 in the last 2 years while the dollar is slightly stronger, an anomaly for sure. almost everything that you need to spend your money cost more, like your mortgage and car loans. also i have lost some of my deductions on my taxes.

so for me and some other people, have not benefited from this tax relief. but you can bet your bottom dollar that the insurance companies and bankers have. and they are the guys that can't pick your pockets fast enough.
If you haven't benefited from the tax cut you are in a small minority. Most people will have very little idea if they are benefiting until they file their taxes. And even then they won't know unless they run their 2018 tax info using 2017 tax law.

Mortgages and car loans have higher interest rates because the economy is doing so well.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #14
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Mortgages and car loans have higher interest rates because the economy is doing so well.
If the economy was truly doing that well, interest rates would be much higher than they currently are.....Artificially suppressing the 10 year bond rate, which mortgage rates are tied to, has created a situation which will soon come to pass of the yield curve inverting. Once that happens, look out below....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #15
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
If the economy was truly doing that well, interest rates would be much higher than they currently are.....Artificially suppressing the 10 year bond rate, which mortgage rates are tied to, has created a situation which will soon come to pass of the yield curve inverting. Once that happens, look out below....
Why do you believe the 10 year bond is being suppressed?
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: