Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-26-2020, 04:51 PM   #46
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang View Post
This FOX debacle has been a total disaster for those of us with Spectrum here in Northern Kentucky.

Yesterday (Saturday, July 25th) Saratoga was supposed to come on FS1 at 3:30pm. It didn't start until 3:47pm because of some truck race over-run, and then was preempted 13 minutes later by a MLB baseball game, despite being scheduled to run until 6:30pm.

Yes, you can find it at other venues, IF you are only playing Saratoga. By playing both Ellis and The Spa on Saturday, I was relegated to the feed on TVG only. FS2 is a premium channel on Spectrum, and I've/we've already paid a premium for TVG. TVG2 is not an option and not available at all here via Spectrum.

Hopefully, if we ever return to our old normal, the FOX debacle this summer will be considered a failed experiment, and be gone forever.
You could just watch Saratoga Live on YouTube. It streams on there every race day.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #47
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
You could just watch Saratoga Live on YouTube. It streams on there every race day.
But then he couldn't fabricate complaints.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #48
lamboguy

Quote:
This FOX debacle has been a total disaster for those of us with Spectrum here in Northern Kentucky.

Yesterday (Saturday, July 25th) Saratoga was supposed to come on FS1 at 3:30pm. It didn't start until 3:47pm because of some truck race over-run, and then was preempted 13 minutes later by a MLB baseball game, despite being scheduled to run until 6:30pm.

Yes, you can find it at other venues, IF you are only playing Saratoga. By playing both Ellis and The Spa on Saturday, I was relegated to the feed on TVG only. FS2 is a premium channel on Spectrum, and I've/we've already paid a premium for TVG. TVG2 is not an option and not available at all here via Spectrum.

Hopefully, if we ever return to our old normal, the FOX debacle this summer will be considered a failed experiment, and be gone forever.
if you sign up with NYRA Bets you will get the whole feed without having to change channels during the broadcast. it comes with a real good pop out player in high definition.

the content of the show is so much better than anything else i have ever seem with racing broadcast's. when Churchill Downs was open they showed both Belmont and Churchill. i liked that better than watching many tracks during the day. there is some good insight to be picked up on as well just by watching and listening.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #49
BarchCapper

Saratoga Live - compress post times slightly to see all?

Having been back at Saratoga last summer and seeing actual lines at the betting windows made it easy to understand why there's been a longer-than-your-typical-track gap between post times there. There may be other reasons, but handling the on-track crowd seems like it would be the main one.

I enjoy the Saratoga Live show greatly, and my only real disappointment comes when we don't get to see:
1) a jump race that starts before the show slot; or
2) see no paddock and an abbreviated post parade of the first race with the first going off shortly after the show comes on; or
3) don't get the full followup (interview, replays, discussion) of the last race because of running close to or a little over the end of the slot.

It would be nice to see NYRA/Fox broadcast team consider(re-consider?) compressing the rest of this year's Saratoga post times just a bit so that we could see all of the pre-race and post race of all of the races. It appears that there's enough time available overall, and the consideration of the on-track fans isn't the same factor this year. Of course there may be other things at play I'm not aware of.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #50
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Having been back at Saratoga last summer and seeing actual lines at the betting windows made it easy to understand why there's been a longer-than-your-typical-track gap between post times there. There may be other reasons, but handling the on-track crowd seems like it would be the main one.

I enjoy the Saratoga Live show greatly, and my only real disappointment comes when we don't get to see:
1) a jump race that starts before the show slot; or
2) see no paddock and an abbreviated post parade of the first race with the first going off shortly after the show comes on; or
3) don't get the full followup (interview, replays, discussion) of the last race because of running close to or a little over the end of the slot.

It would be nice to see NYRA/Fox broadcast team consider(re-consider?) compressing the rest of this year's Saratoga post times just a bit so that we could see all of the pre-race and post race of all of the races. It appears that there's enough time available overall, and the consideration of the on-track fans isn't the same factor this year. Of course there may be other things at play I'm not aware of.
I'm not sure but I think the YouTube coverage might start before the actual TV show so you can see the jump race.
I know I sometimes get the notice that Saratoga Live is on well before the scheduled start, but I've never tuned in early.

Also, there are at least three Spanish language YouTube channels that livestream various American tracks and some show the entire Saratoga card including the jump races.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #51
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
I'm not sure but I think the YouTube coverage might start before the actual TV show so you can see the jump race.
It does. Or at least I was able to see the jump race that Snap Decision won last week on the YT coverage.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #52
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
That's true. And without that what fun would the Internet be?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:45 AM   #53
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Randy Moss and Jerry Bailey analyze this weekend's Whitney.

Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 11:27 PM   #54
BMustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
There are certainly viable options - IF YOU ARE PLAYING SARATOGA exclusively, which I do not. I'm sure there are others out there in a similar situation.

The solution is actually TVG which carries all of the tracks that I play. I would actually like to hear the commentary afforded by the "Day at the Races" show.

I'm simply hoping that the Fox Sports thing is a temporary, one year deal, and that we will get back to normal again next year.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #55
BMustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Why do these complaints have to be fabricated??? Sitting on your side of the mic, you are ot aware of the options available to those of us playing the horses outside of New York.

For me, they are the state of reality.
If things were status quo and worked for me, there would be no complaints.

IF I played Saratoga exclusively, the options offered here would work for me, BUT I don't and the Fox Sports option is not available here.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #56
the little guy

Quote:

I'm simply hoping that the Fox Sports thing is a temporary, one year deal, and that we will get back to normal again next year.
It's not temporary but it's the new normal.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #57
castaway01

Quote:
There are certainly viable options - IF YOU ARE PLAYING SARATOGA exclusively, which I do not. I'm sure there are others out there in a similar situation.

The solution is actually TVG which carries all of the tracks that I play. I would actually like to hear the commentary afforded by the "Day at the Races" show.

Couldn't you just pay attention to the races you're interested in, or watch the pre-race talk for those races? You can even pause the stream if you want and go back later.

Sorry, I think we're trying to get you to adapt and you're not willing. Sometimes you have to be flexible, especially because your complaint is basically that TV coverage does not cater directly to your needs in your part of the country with your cable system.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #58
depalma113

Quote:

Spectrum cable is your problem, not horse racing in high def on Fox Sports.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #59
classhandicapper

I have Spectrum.

There are probably better solutions, but I have an ADW account with practically everyone and a TV next to my desk specifically so I can bet whichever track I want, get whatever feed I want, and get whatever replays I want.

The industry is idiotic in general, but the current relationship problems have become so moronic there are no words.

I can't get replays for some tracks unless I have account in once place, can't bet certain tracks at another place, can't get the services I want at another place, can't get the PPs I want at another place etc..

Someone has to get all these morons in a room and work it out.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #60
Tee

Ditch the cable & try a streaming service.