Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-28-2024, 09:29 AM   #46
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
in particular, or general(not to be believed)?

It happens... Woman fooling around wants divorce, support and child custody. Accuses husband of child abuse. Pretty automatic the woman gets custody and support right away. Mans life gets turned into living hell proving otherwise. It happens more often than you think.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 10:32 AM   #47
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
It happens... Woman fooling around wants divorce, support and child custody. Accuses husband of child abuse. Pretty automatic the woman gets custody and support right away. Mans life gets turned into living hell proving otherwise. It happens more often than you think.
Brother went through a nasty divorce 20 years ago.

The ONLY thing he got was $23K in credit card debt he had to repay and a ridiculous amount of child support to pay monthly. Ex was the only name on the credit cards to boot. Didn't matter.

Crippled him for 12 years till his son was 18. He was then proudly able to pay and put his son through college after being relinquished from the debt burden.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #48
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I have an employee that went thru this. He plead guilty to a minor sex related offense so his 2 daughters would not be exposed to the court case that Mommy brought.

2 yrs later she recanted and admitted to a judge that it was all part of her “divorce tactics” of course he has a sex offender designation and under Texas law there is no way to undo it.

He did 4 yrs of monitoring and registering etc. Made him report for meetings etc twice a month for 4 yrs.

Recently a judge ordered that he be released from monitoring etc but apparently for some reason he still gets listed on sex offender lists. He was also released from travel restrictions etc.

When the wife recanted in divorce court the judge threatened sanctions against her. She ran off to Florida with a new boyfriend. 6 yrs later she still hasn’t cooperated with the rest of the divorce proceedings and technically he’s still married to her…

Last edited by JustRalph; 01-28-2024 at 02:59 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 03:47 PM   #49
Inner Dirt

I had one ex-girlfriend claim I raped her, but she only told her friends and family, that was her cover story for cheating on a guy she ended up marrying. I had another vindictive ex say I punched her and tried to run over her with my truck. I did bruise her arm by grabbing her to break her fall when she was thrown from a horse.

I have never raised a hand to a women and I have been punched by them, slapped and even walloped over the head with a frying pan. The frying pan was the only whack I really earned. I stayed out all Friday night and came home when my girlfriend was cooking breakfast, I responded with none of your business when asked where I had been. Not sure why I did that, I was at a poker game after going to the track and my pockets were stuffed with money. I got punched straight in the face by a girl at a punk concert, her boyfriend was knocking around way smaller guys too aggressively in the slam pit, so I went in and took him out. I was proud of myself I didn't even spill a drop of a full beer when she hit me. My ex wife would hit me if she was pissed, she even gave me a bloody nose once. She could punch pretty hard
for a woman, her logic was since I used to be a heavyweight boxer and was a power lifter punches did not hurt me like a normal person.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 03:52 PM   #50
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I have an employee that went thru this. He plead guilty to a minor sex related offense so his 2 daughters would not be exposed to the court case that Mommy brought.

2 yrs later she recanted and admitted to a judge that it was all part of her “divorce tactics” of course he has a sex offender designation and under Texas law there is no way to undo it.

He did 4 yrs of monitoring and registering etc. Made him report for meetings etc twice a month for 4 yrs.

Recently a judge ordered that he be released from monitoring etc but apparently for some reason he still gets listed on sex offender lists. He was also released from travel restrictions etc.

When the wife recanted in divorce court the judge threatened sanctions against her. She ran off to Florida with a new boyfriend. 6 yrs later she still hasn’t cooperated with the rest of the divorce proceedings and technically he’s still married to her…

I would think your employee would have a good basis for a lawsuit. Sounds like she made the poor guys life a living hell.
Old 01-28-2024, 04:45 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I would think your employee would have a good basis for a lawsuit. Sounds like she made the poor guys life a living hell.
Sue the mother of your children? Who owns almost nothing……?
Old 01-28-2024, 04:49 PM   #52
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
You’d be wrong quite often. Take my word for it
Or ask Brett Kavanaugh.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2024, 05:05 PM   #53
Dave Schwartz

Quote:

I have a similar story of a friend back in my early 20s. He was 24, had graduated with an MBA from a prestigious school, and taken an asst mgr job for a Florida Dept store.

He was quickly given his own store, and, if I recall correctly, was the youngest store manager in the history of the chain.

One night he brought a girl home to his apartment from a club. They drank heavily, and, when she awakened at 4:00am, demanded that he drive her home. (I believe she was 18 or 19, which was legal age for alcohol.)

He told her he was just to drunk to drive and offered to take her home in 2 hours or pay for her cab, if she insisted on going right then.

She took the cab... straight to the Police department and reported he'd raped her.

He lost his job.

His parents sold their home to fight the legal battle.

After 3+ years, the girl recanted and said, "She was sorry."

But his life was ruined. It was always on his record. His parents, of course, never got the defense fund back.

The girl was not charged with anything.

SHE should have been held responsible. Done prison time, and made to pay restitution for ALL legal fees. (Yes, I know. Then HER life would have been ruined and she'd have been unable to pay.)
Old 01-28-2024, 05:28 PM   #54
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Sue the mother of your children? Who owns almost nothing……?

I thought the kids were grown, my bad. The moving out of state made me think the kids were not minors.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-28-2024 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:28 PM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Dave, I was involved in a handful of investigations for rape in the military, 1 was real….and it was a civilian visitor to the base. He was the suspect. Invited into a ladies dorm.

In civilian life I was involved in taking maybe 15 initial calls for rape. Turned over to detectives.

As a follow up investigator maybe another 15.

I can count on one hand (minus a thumb) how many led to charges, and only one made it to trial. He was found not guilty.

That was the 80’s-90’s ……I cannot speak for today.

Btw I actually took reports on 2 girl on girl rape cases. One in the service and one in civilian life. They were interesting……….

Every state has their own definition of rape….it can get kinda goofy

It’s a small sample but lots of evidence in the research that lots of false reports come in

Last edited by JustRalph; 01-28-2024 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:17 PM   #56
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Dave, I was involved in a handful of investigations for rape in the military, 1 was real….and it was a civilian visitor to the base. He was the suspect. Invited into a ladies dorm.

In civilian life I was involved in taking maybe 15 initial calls for rape. Turned over to detectives.

As a follow up investigator maybe another 15.

I can count on one hand (minus a thumb) how many led to charges, and only one made it to trial. He was found not guilty.

That was the 80’s-90’s ……I cannot speak for today.

Btw I actually took reports on 2 girl on girl rape cases. One in the service and one in civilian life. They were interesting……….

Every state has their own definition of rape….it can get kinda goofy

It’s a small sample but lots of evidence in the research that lots of false reports come in

This is why I look forward to your posts: Believable statements with the ring of truth as opposed to a politically biased spin.

Old 01-28-2024, 11:44 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I had one ex-girlfriend claim I raped her, but she only told her friends and family, that was her cover story for cheating on a guy she ended up marrying. I had another vindictive ex say I punched her and tried to run over her with my truck. I did bruise her arm by grabbing her to break her fall when she was thrown from a horse.

I have never raised a hand to a women and I have been punched by them, slapped and even walloped over the head with a frying pan. The frying pan was the only whack I really earned. I stayed out all Friday night and came home when my girlfriend was cooking breakfast, I responded with none of your business when asked where I had been. Not sure why I did that, I was at a poker game after going to the track and my pockets were stuffed with money. I got punched straight in the face by a girl at a punk concert, her boyfriend was knocking around way smaller guys too aggressively in the slam pit, so I went in and took him out. I was proud of myself I didn't even spill a drop of a full beer when she hit me. My ex wife would hit me if she was pissed, she even gave me a bloody nose once. She could punch pretty hard
for a woman, her logic was since I used to be a heavyweight boxer and was a power lifter punches did not hurt me like a normal person.
I was wondering how you got all those concussions...
Old 01-29-2024, 02:54 AM   #58
Scamper

83 million dollars for a quickie?

Seriously ... anyone have a problem with that?
Scamper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2024, 05:20 AM   #59
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper View Post
for a fantasy remembered from a Law & Order: Special Victims Unit show?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2135661/?ref_=ttep_ep11
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2024, 07:34 AM   #60
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper View Post
Was there a "quickie"?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply