Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Remember...this never happens

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...-15-save-life/

Another good guy saves a life
Old 03-30-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

Quote from the article:

Quote:
And think, some people want to disarm Mr. Thomas because of someone else’s misuse of an AR-15.
Poignant.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #3
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
One guy may have saved one guy from harm. In the meantime three guys in Las Vegas, Southerland, and Parkland killed 111 and wounded others. Still you are too dumb to figure what the problem is.
Post 110 stories like that and you still will be wrong.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
One guy may have saved one guy from harm. In the meantime three guys in Las Vegas, Southerland, and Parkland killed 111 and wounded others. Still you are too dumb to figure what the problem is.
Post 110 stories like that and you still will be wrong.
What is wrong?

Obama's own CDC study where he hoped to show a public health risk actually found high levels of firearm ownership actually coincided with a lower violent crime rate.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-30-2018 at 11:32 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 11:44 PM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
According to the Washington Post, the great majority of mass murders are committed with hand guns. And the number of mass murders went up during the federal "assault weapon ban". Figured out the problem yet?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ns-not-ar-15s/

Hint: While "assault weapons" were involved in about a fourth of mass murders, something else was involved in 100%.

That something else was mental illness. But libs don't want to address that problem, because that might stigmatize someone, or even hurt their feelings.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
mostpost

I have two questions. The first one for conservatives. Why do you have to have a gun. Do you think it will keep you from being afraid? I have lived 76 years without a gun and have never been a victim of any kind. Guns don’t keep trouble away; guns attract trouble.

The second question is for those who have never owned a gun and do not plan today. Have you ever been in a situation where you think a gun would have made the situation better.

HAVE NO GUN. NOT AFRAID. Simple as that.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:01 AM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
I have two questions. The first one for conservatives. Why do you have to have a gun.
I don't have to have a gun, I have to have the option. It says so in the Constitution.

I don't have to have full coverage insurance on my car, but I have the option. Having a gun is the personal equivalent of having full coverage car insurance. My choice. Some of us are risk averse. Others, like yourself, like to walk on the wild side.

Quote:
Guns don’t keep trouble away; guns attract trouble.
That one defies logic. An inanimate object that no one knows I own attracts trouble?

Quote:
"Simple" is an accurate choice of words here. Ignorance is bliss. I have several guns and I'm not afraid.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:11 AM   #8
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
I have two questions. The first one for conservatives. Why do you have to have a gun. Do you think it will keep you from being afraid? I have lived 76 years without a gun and have never been a victim of any kind. Guns don’t keep trouble away; guns attract trouble.

The second question is for those who have never owned a gun and do not plan today. Have you ever been in a situation where you think a gun would have made the situation better.

Both of your questions are equally stupid because they are only relevant in relationship to you. I've been a victim twice in Houston and in both cases had I been carrying a gun it wouldn't have happened. The details aren't important, just the fact that you're dead wrong and there are millions of examples that exist if you need them. Perhaps you live in a bubble, or in Beverly Hills, or some other planet. Your opinion here is dumb and irrelevant simply because it centers only around you.
I'm sure being the hardcore far-left liberal you are, will have trouble grasping this. You and your kind believe the world centers around what you believe and not what anyone else thinks or believes in.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:

Guns mitigating a person's fear is not the real issue. Guns protecting us from peopel who want to do harm to us is THE issue. Look at it this way, as Clocker basically said gun ownership being an option. It's a right to choose! And I choose to live! I don't choose to wait several minutes for the cops to arrive in the hopes that they'll save me. (Besides how did that work out for the Parkland kids when the cop waited outside?)

As a Catholic, I'm surprised they never taught you at your church that we live in a sinful world.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Both of your questions are equally stupid because they are only relevant in relationship to you. I've been a victim twice in Houston and in both cases had I been carrying a gun it wouldn't have happened. The details aren't important, just the fact that you're dead wrong and there are millions of examples that exist if you need them. Perhaps you live in a bubble, or in Beverly Hills, or some other planet. Your opinion here is dumb and irrelevant simply because it centers only around you.
I'm sure being the hardcore far-left liberal you are, will have trouble grasping this. You and your kind believe the world centers around what you believe and not what anyone else thinks or believes in.
Not only that but the far left always believes that their beliefs and ideology are mainstream! Talk about delusional!
Old 03-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

You live in Illinois and proclaim you’ve never been a victim?

Btw, for the record Phuck Off! You call me dumb? You can’t see the logic of posting the article? You’re a downright fool if you cannot understand..........
Old 03-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

So things like this never happen again.........do you think there was a point where these poor people might have thought they needed a gun.....?

Due to a piece of shit government immigration policy I have to interact with criminal aliens on a regular basis. They commit crimes. I will not allow them to threaten myself or my family.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3E5A069C-BC31-4888-A978-640B51BA2588.jpeg (342.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by JustRalph; 03-31-2018 at 08:52 AM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That something else was mental illness. But libs don't want to address that problem, because that might stigmatize someone, or even hurt their feelings.

In the 40 years since I graduated High School teen suicides and mass shootings have steadily risen. While in the same time period guns have become harder to get through more regulations. In spite of these facts liberals blame the inanimate object. For some reason the way people deal with life has changed. You constantly read about teens committing suicide because they were bullied, bullies have been around since we lived in caves.

I first fired a real gun when I was 7, I grew up around cops that all believed in gun ownership for family members. I have owned guns since I was 18.
Always liked to go shooting as a hobby, targets and various inanimate objects. Only flesh and blood I have shot with them are rattlesnakes that decided to get too close to residences where I and others have lived. The only time I purposely carried for protection was when I used to log in an area frequented by bears. I ran across quite a few, all black, none were aggressive and they seemed more afraid of me than I was of them and ran off, never fired a shot at them. I did go to an ATM in East St Louis while moving cross country. I did feel better that I had a loaded .357 in a box in the back seat of my SUV. That place made South Central LA look like Beverly Hills.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #14
elysiantraveller

Quote:

When my parents divorced my father left and took his belongings. Not long afterward my home was broken into and robbed while my mother, myself(4), and 1 year old brother was in it. She hadn't put any thought into protection as she had always had my father and the neighborhood where we were was very "suburbia." I still remember how terrified she looked that night.

She bought a gun shortly thereafter.

Quote:
Guns don’t keep trouble away; guns attract trouble.
The CDC when commissioned by Obama found the opposite to be true.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-31-2018 at 09:25 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I have two questions. The first one for conservatives. Why do you have to have a gun.
Studip question.
Why do you need free speech? You getting paid for it?
Why do you need a free press?
Why do you need freedom to assemble?

I don't own a gun myself.
I don't want to.

But I am not going to tell anyone else what they can do or not do.

If my next door neighbor wants and assault rifle, he can store it in his freaking TANK if he wants to.