Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #6226
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hey Humble_Car, why do handicappers use past performances?
I think we all realize future performances are not available, however what are covered in PPs that may help?

Will you answer honestly or will you make up some absurd dogma instead?

Btw, what does this mean......

There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
Handicappers use PPs because we know that trainers try to shape the future, that is to say to influence the outcome of future races, mostly by racing their equine athletes into shape and working them out in various ways. What a trainer does today with his horse can often influence how the horse runs at a future time. The events of today often shape the results of tomorrow.

As far as my tagline goes....you're such a genius, I'll let you figure it out.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #6227
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The events of today often shape the results of tomorrow.
Finally you admit that cause has effects.

And it is much more than just trainers. For instance If you knew a horse had a 24" shorter average stride than other contenders, had a leg injury and a vet told you his lung capacity tested awful, much less than others in the race, would you bet that horse?

So why did you babble this nonsense back on the Religions thread?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ostcount=11065
Quote:
To predict the future outcome of races based on performances that took place in the past doesn't mean that I affect the outcomes any more than do actuaries when they predict the fatality rate of teenage drivers based on past statistics .
What utter nonsense! Knowing statistics does not change the results, only help predict the results.

Cause and effect demonstrate the direction of time.

All of us know what we do now will affect our future. Boxcar, a 30 year veteran of playing and betting horses lives and dies by decisions made and calculated risks taken. To pretend that cause and effect did not come into play on every bet made is lying.

Curious though boxcar never made a selection before the race went off. And posted it. Many people accused him of redboarding. My own reaction was not so critical. I felt he was sharing his method and should be commended. However in light of his philosophy now, I am not so sure he had anything of any value to share. And perhaps redboarding was not an exaggeration.

Last edited by hcap; 04-20-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #6228
boxcar

Quote:
Finally you admit that cause has effects.

And it is much more than just trainers. For instance If you knew a horse had a 24" shorter average stride than other contenders, had a leg injury and a vet told you his lung capacity tested awful, much less than others in the race, would you bet tat horse?

So why did you babble this nonsense back on the Religions thread?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ostcount=11065

Cause and effect demonstrate the direction of time.

All of us know what we do now will affect our future. Boxcar, a 30 year veteran of playing and betting horses lives and dies by decisions made and calculated risks taken. To pretend that cause and effect did not come into play on every bet made is lying.

Curious though boxcar never made a selection before the race went off. And posted it. Many people accused him of redboarding. My own reaction was not so critical. I felt he was sharing his method and should be commended. However in light of his philosophy now, I am not so sure he had anything of any value to share. And perhaps redboarding was not an exaggeration.
Nope. Wrong. Cause and Effects of EVENTS do not establish the "arrow of time". Events and Time are two very different things. Maybe someday you'll figure that out.

And I'm curious how you could have missed my selections I made two or three months back on the horsey side of this forum. Even came up with a couple of very nice long shots. This is why I changed my tagline...so that I could go "over there" when I felt like it.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #6229
hcap

More dishonesty. You just told us
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Now..... "Events and Time are two very different things."

How can events change without time?

Last edited by hcap; 04-20-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #6230
boxcar

Quote:
More dishonesty. You just told us

Now..... "Events and Time are two very different things."

How can events change without time?
Change can only take place in Time but this doesn't mean that events or change are synonymous with Time.

And yes, what we do today to prepare for tomorrow can often come to fruition. But Time itself didn't have anything to do with that, other than the obvious fact, of course, that that Time was available for us to use.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #6231
hcap

Quote:
Change can only take place in Time but this doesn't mean that events or change are synonymous with Time.
Total nonsense.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #6232
boxcar

Quote:
Total nonsense.
Yeah, right. The irrefutable fact that this universe is filled with change proves that the universe is not self-existing, i.e. eternal. Change can only take place in Time.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #6233
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah, right. The irrefutable fact that this universe is filled with change proves that the universe is not self-existing, i.e. eternal. Change can only take place in Time.
???? We were not talking bout whether or not the "universe is self-existing.

You said
Quote:
Change can only take place in but this doesn't mean that events or change are synonymous with Time.
Who said time is synonymous with change? I asked "How can events change without time??

In fact name one.

Have god explain this to everyone since evidently you are unable
Old 04-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #6234
boxcar

Quote:
???? We were not talking bout whether or not the "universe is self-existing.

You said Who said time is synonymous with change? I asked "How can events change without time??

In fact name one.

Have god explain this to everyone since evidently you are unable
Man, are you thick. Go back and read what I said earlier.

So...what does change have to do with YOUR "causal arrow of time"? How does change in Time determine the direction of the "arrow of time"? Connect the dots for us for once and for all, will ya?
Old 04-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #6235
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:

So...what does change have to do with YOUR "causal arrow of time"? How does change in Time determine the direction of the "arrow of time"? Connect the dots for us for once and for all, will ya?
Since you've now deigned yourself as an expert in time, perhaps you can answer this.

Science has proven the universe is expanding. How does it expand?

By the way, like Hcap, a few weeks ago I happened to notice that some of your screeds were heavily plagiarized. You never credit the original author. In one case you basically lifted paragraphs and added a couple of lines of your own. Your suggestion that you used other's work only as a thought piece doesn't hold water.

I didn't say anything because I'm trying to avoid ridiculous arguments, but when Hcap brought it up it triggered the situation I saw. I only wish I had copied the reference to make the point irrefutable. There is no problem using other writing to make your point, but you need to give the person you are quoting authorship credit.

You did it and you got caught so it would be in your best interest to not continue to do it.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #6236
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Since you've now deigned yourself as an expert in time, perhaps you can answer this.

Science has proven the universe is expanding. How does it expand?

By the way, like Hcap, a few weeks ago I happened to notice that some of your screeds were heavily plagiarized. You never credit the original author. In one case you basically lifted paragraphs and added a couple of lines of your own. Your suggestion that you used other's work only as a thought piece doesn't hold water.

I didn't say anything because I'm trying to avoid ridiculous arguments, but when Hcap brought it up it triggered the situation I saw. I only wish I had copied the reference to make the point irrefutable. There is no problem using other writing to make your point, but you need to give the person you are quoting authorship credit.

You did it and you got caught so it would be in your best interest to not continue to do it.
Prove your allegation that I "heavily plagiarized" anyone's work. Or are you just making the allegation because you're Hcap's sycophant?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:57 PM   #6237
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Prove your allegation that I "heavily plagiarized" anyone's work. Or are you just making the allegation because you're Hcap's sycophant?
It's pretty much the case that the first thing thieves and liars do is deny their guilt or taunt whoever caught them with the "prove it" line. You know you did it and you know exactly which message(s) proves the crime. Admit it and then go on to not answering the questions where you couldn't find a physicist to rip off.

One person notices it, well maybe it's just a pissing match, but two and three and four people notice it and maybe there's something to it.

You also know I'm nobody's sycophant. If you want to come up with a good insult, you'll have to do better than that.

Like Sammy Davis sung in Baretta, don't do the crime if you can't do the time (see how easy it is to do attribution.) You should take that to heart.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #6238
hcap

Quote:

You really shou be careful calling others "thick". I questioned you about how handicappers and Taulbot develop angles. Remember? And finally forced you to admit after pages of your lying and diverting that in regards to trainers,
Quote:
SHMUCK! that demonstrates the causal arrow of time!

Duh, today affecting and coming before tomorrow.

To which you babbled
Quote:
..."Events and Time are two very different things."
You are losing the very few brain cells you have left.

Oh yeah about your propensity to plagiarize, you said in your 11 part dogmatic failed explanation of the universe and time, your ass backwards chronology was written by you inspired (dictated?)by god.

Never once giving credit to Heinze or Wood. The original authors whose works were copyrighted around 1995, way before you bullshitted this crap on off topic back in the early 2000's.

Again, "Who said time is synonymous with change? I asked "How can events change without time??"

In fact name one event that can change without time?

Last edited by hcap; 04-20-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:20 AM   #6239
hcap

Oh greaty handicapper, expert on everything, Mr Humble_Car, you never ever posted one selection before a horse race was run.

It was quite a turmoil here many accusing you of resdbording.

Btw, I was tempted to program some of your angles, knowing VBA ans database programming with the aim of finding if there were any positive correlations with angles used separately and in any combination together. Was going to ask if you were interested. Back when I first joined.

However after reading more of your posts and realizing how difficult you would be, decided to keep my distance.

It would have been months and months of work.

Then when Jeff Platt of JCAPPER tested some of your angles and found nothing of value, I dropped any notion of doing it myself.

I do realize programming human judgement is a tough game, and do not discount there could be something there especially angles used in combination, the fact remains you redboarded your way into controversy on this board.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:59 AM   #6240
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
It's pretty much the case that the first thing thieves and liars do is deny their guilt or taunt whoever caught them with the "prove it" line. You know you did it and you know exactly which message(s) proves the crime. Admit it and then go on to not answering the questions where you couldn't find a physicist to rip off.

One person notices it, well maybe it's just a pissing match, but two and three and four people notice it and maybe there's something to it.

You also know I'm nobody's sycophant. If you want to come up with a good insult, you'll have to do better than that.

Like Sammy Davis sung in Baretta, don't do the crime if you can't do the time (see how easy it is to do attribution.) You should take that to heart.
In other words, you're handicapper's empty suit sycophant. You have nothing That's what I know about you.

And while on the subject of having nothing, why did you bring up an "expanding universe" in the discussion of time? What does this non sequitur have to do with Time?

In whatever time zone you live in, do all your days begin and end in the East and West, respectively? If so, I wouldn't worry about any expanding universes -- at least until such time that pattern changes. Just follow the newborn day out of the East until it is no more and is resting in its grave to the West. This, sir, is how Time flows.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: