Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #1651
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Post facts please.
Your such a fool, this one is aimed to you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg obamacare.jpg (5.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 04-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #1652
Clocker

Quote:
I'm aware of the timeline. Coulda just stopped right there...
That was for the elucidation of the rest of the class.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #1653
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The people in the administration didn't know what Trump was doing.

Trump told his people at the end of last week that the US would ask for new sanctions on Russia on the coming Monday. Haley talked about that on a Sunday talk show (probably filmed Saturday). On Monday, the administration announced that the sanctions were being delayed. It is not clear when Trump decided on the delay, but Haley didn't learn about it until Monday.

Kudlow then told the media that Haley was confused about the issue, which she did not take well.

All of which will be fresh fodder for the left to proclaim how sexist this administration is.
While no one's job is really safe around Trump, I'd be willing to bet that Nikki's job is safer than Kudlow's. It's more important that Trump have a good looking, strong willed Haley nearby in 2020 than another older white guy.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #1654
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
While no one's job is really safe around Trump, I'd be willing to bet that Nikki's job is safer than Kudlow's. It's more important that Trump have a good looking, strong willed Haley nearby in 2020 than another older white guy.
Nobody is safe...

Politico: Trump letting Haley take heat despite signing off on sanctions

And from the presser yesterday...

“There has been nobody tougher on Russia than President Donald Trump. With the media, no matter what I did, it is never tough enough, because that is their narrative. But Russia will tell you there has been nobody tougher than Donald Trump … We will do sanctions as soon as they very much deserve it...”

- Donald Trump

That right there is absolutely...
Old 04-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #1655
tucker6

Quote:
Nobody is safe...

Politico: Trump letting Haley take heat despite signing off on sanctions

And from the presser yesterday...

“There has been nobody tougher on Russia than President Donald Trump. With the media, no matter what I did, it is never tough enough, because that is their narrative. But Russia will tell you there has been nobody tougher than Donald Trump … We will do sanctions as soon as they very much deserve it...”

- Donald Trump

That right there is absolutely...
He has been tough on Russia. You deny that? Obama was soft on Russia for the first 7 years and 11 months of his presidency or have you forgotten that already?
Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #1656
elysiantraveller

Quote:
He has been tough on Russia. You deny that? Obama was soft on Russia for the first 7 years and 11 months of his presidency or have you forgotten that already?
Yes I deny it... Just this weekend he goes from more sanctions to "meh... nevermind."

Past Examples:

August 2nd: Facing override signs sanctions.

Trump rips Congress, brags about deal-making prowess in Russian sanctions statement

Jan 29th: Doesn't enforce them.

Trump declines to implement new Russia sanctions

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-19-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #1657
tucker6

Quote:
Yes I deny it... Just this weekend he goes from more sanctions to "meh... nevermind."

Past Examples:

August 2nd: Facing override signs sanctions.

Trump rips Congress, brags about deal-making prowess in Russian sanctions statement

Jan 29th: Doesn't enforce them.

Trump declines to implement new Russia sanctions
He didn't do anything this past weekend. That's just lefty hysteria and the 24/7 news cycle. Did Trump say he was or was not going to sanction Russia? He said nothing. I wonder if Hillary had gotten out of line with Obama whether you'd blame Obama for that. I think not.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #1658
elysiantraveller

Quote:
He didn't do anything this past weekend. That's just lefty hysteria and the 24/7 news cycle. Did Trump say he was or was not going to sanction Russia? He said nothing. I wonder if Hillary had gotten out of line with Obama whether you'd blame Obama for that. I think not.
From the politico article above:

Quote:
President Donald Trump gave approval last week for rolling out airstrikes in Syria as well as new sanctions on Russia, according to three senior administration officials — but U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley wasn’t briefed on changes to the sanctions plan before announcing it Sunday on national television.
Quote:
“Russia sanctions were a part of the agreed-upon plan going into the strike and going into the weekend,” said a senior administration official. “As recently as Saturday, that was reconfirmed as part of the plan.”
So... somebody changed their mind or Nikki Haley was lying on Saturday/Sunday. I'm not inclined to believe the latter given her reaction.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #1659
Clocker

Quote:

So... somebody changed their mind or Nikki Haley was lying on Saturday/Sunday. I'm not inclined to believe the latter given her reaction.
After first saying that Haley was confused, a day or two later Larry Kudlow said to the press that the policy had been changed by Trump and Haley was never notified of that.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ons-2018-04-18
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #1660
fast4522

The only thing you two guys are good at is fomenting distrust and hysteria to a very small following here on this BBS. You both should stop being ridiculous and accept that this President and his policy's are going to be around for a very long time.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #1661
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The only thing you two guys are good at is fomenting distrust and hysteria to a very small following here on this BBS. You both should stop being ridiculous and accept that this President and his policy's are going to be around for a very long time.

I think we just demonstrated they aren't even around for a weekend!!!

Post facts please.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #1662
fast4522

The last time you said that I posted your ugliest fact. I am never going to post what you want to hear, get over yourself. Go to it and tell me yes or no again when neither makes sense as to policy in flux being used inside negotiations. I understand you have hatred and your venting looking for change, your just one administration too late.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #1663
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The last time you said that I posted your ugliest fact. I am never going to post what you want to hear, get over yourself. Go to it and tell me yes or no again when neither makes sense as to policy in flux being used inside negotiations. I understand you have hatred and your venting looking for change, your just one administration too late.
The Great Pretender!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #1664
johnhannibalsmith

The Big Ugly!

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 04-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #1665
Clocker

Quote:
Post facts please.
"My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts." -- True Believer