Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #121
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

FanDan,

Maybe you will answer this question, which I posed to Clocker and elysiantraveller.

Does fair and impartial process mean to be influenced by the timing of the terminable offense? If you commit a terminable offense a year or two before you are eligible to collect your full pension and that specific terminable event is discovered just prior to your retirement, should there be no consequences based solely on the fact you were not caught just prior to receiving your pension?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #122
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
McCabe conveniently leaves out that he was always part of the focus of the OIG investigation regarding his failure to recuse himself from the Clinton investigation, while his wife was a candidate for election.
Huh? I'm confused.

Jan 2018:

http://www.businessinsider.com/andre...-emails-2018-1

Quote:
The FBI released a series of internal emails and documents last week showing that FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was not warned against becoming involved in the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server but recused himself anyway following a report in The Wall Street Journal about political donations made to his wife in 2015.

McCabe was attacked last month on Twitter by President Donald Trump, who said: "How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin' James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife's campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?"

A political action committee run by former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a close political ally of the Clintons, gave nearly half a million dollars to McCabe's wife's campaign for Virginia state senate in 2015.

Officials at the Washington field office on April 29, 2015, warned McCabe that his wife's candidacy could pose a conflict of interest, the documents showed. McCabe followed bureau protocol and recused himself from public corruption investigations arising out of or connected to Virginia, according to documents released by the bureau in November in response to a Freedom of Information Act request by the right-wing legal watchdog Judicial Watch.

McCabe was not warned, however, against becoming involved in the Clinton email investigation, which was launched four months after his wife announced her candidacy.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #123
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

I don't want you to be confused. Excerpt from the Jan. 2017 OIG announcement of the investigation.

"In addition to looking into the actions of the FBI director regarding the email investigation, the probe will look into whether the FBI’s deputy director should have recused himself from the investigation because of his wife’s political involvement;whether a high-ranking Justice Department official or others improperly disclosed non-public information to both the Clinton and Trump campaigns; ..........." [emphasis added]

As reported by the Washington Post:

Horowitz wrote that his inquiry will extend back to at least July — when Comey announced he was recommending the Clinton case be closed without charges.

He wrote that he will explore “allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information” — potentially a reference to Giuliani, who seemed to claim at one point he had insider FBI knowledge. Horowitz also said he would explore whether FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe should have been recused from the case. McCabe’s wife, Jill McCabe, ran for a Virginia Senate seat and took money from the political action committee of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a fierce Clinton ally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cc548a85066e

I wonder why McCabe conveniently left out that, from the beginning, he was always a person of interest in this investigation. Maybe, because it doesn't fit well with his narrative.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 03-18-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #124
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Now that we all understand McCabe was always a focal point of the OIG investigation he made a very incriminating statement in his response to the firing, which prosecutors' are salivating over.

Buried in his response is a very significant statement, "In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed. [emphasis added]

McCabe is referring to his role in the Clinton investigations, he is denying he did anything improper and any impropriety is on the shoulders of his superiors, at the time, in the DOJ. Those Obama DOJ people must be very nervous, because prosecutors' will want to know who are those people who stopped McCabe from continuing the Clinton investigation.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #125
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't really get it either.

If he did something illegal press charges. If you wanted him removed from any role he already did that months ago. If you wanted to fire him back then just go ahead and do it.

Waiting until 48 hours from his retirement? Seems petty and childish.
I think it rocks. So take that, you and clocker both.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #126
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I think it rocks. So take that, you and clocker both.
I love it too. It's a shot over the bow to the other corrupt ass hats to get their crap together. Might even start them turning on each other.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #127
Clocker

McCabe didn't lose his pension. Federal law enforcement officials have a special pension plan that allows early retirement at age 50. His firing means he no longer has that option of an early-out, and his vested pension reverts to the same terms and conditions of the pension plan that covers all other federal employees. According to some sources, he will now be able to draw a pension at age 57.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #128
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Of coursed we would never take a pension away from a scumbag.

That is how this country works.

We are officially a S-hole now.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #129
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #130
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #131
woodtoo

Trump tweet 1/2 hour ago

DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey. McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!

I think he's on to them.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #132
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Now we know why Comey rushed his book out.

McCabe and Comey both look like keystone cops and could probably be prosecuted
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #133
MONEY

Will Deep State Republicrat Sessions, indict McCabe?

"Justice IG sends criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to US attorney"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/polit...ral/index.html
Old 04-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #134
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Will Deep State Republicrat Sessions, indict McCabe?

"Justice IG sends criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to US attorney"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/polit...ral/index.html
About time I'm tiring of sharpening my pitchfork. And on the anniversary of the
Battle of Lexington & Concord 1775 and the shot heard round the world.

How fitting for the Big Ugly.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #135
davew

Does he still get his pension in jail?

Who will be next, in the deep swamp....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply