Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #46
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane
California Chrome lost this race.

LOST... hello... anybody home?
dont know what your reading but my whole point in all of this is its 100% impossible to argue Shared Belief is the horse of the year or a better horse then California Chrome with out winning the Classic or at least finishing above CC but even that wouldnt of mattered if he didnt win the race.

California Chrome > Shared Belief
Bayern > Shared Belief

Chrome/ Bayern is a toss up but Chrome won the one race that matters most so you gotta lean Chrome...

that is all
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #47
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker7
I still get a kick out of the commentor who wrote off CC by claiming he was the 12 yo with a moustache beating more immature colts early in the spring .... and all of the wise heads that nodded along.

I had my own pre-race doubts about him coming back after a long injury-induced layoff, and losing sharpness and maybe losing his interest in racing. But he pretty much silenced them too. Now I am hoping that this class will keep on racing intact for awhile more. It would be a blast.
great 3 year old class i think we can all agree on that. its been a while we needed that
Old 11-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #48
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
dont know what your reading but my whole point in all of this is its 100% impossible to argue Shared Belief is the horse of the year or a better horse then California Chrome with out winning the Classic or at least finishing above CC but even that wouldnt of mattered if he didnt win the race.

California Chrome > Shared Belief
Bayern > Shared Belief

Chrome/ Bayern is a toss up but Chrome won the one race that matters most so you gotta lean Chrome...

that is all

was talking more about accomplishments. for any one to make an argument that shared belief is a better horse then California Chrome he needed to win the Classic... he failed to do so. argument over. lets all move on now. for me its time to start to think about the triple crown trail 2015... im much more a triple crown fan and all the preps then the breeders cup.... im just glad Chrome ran a solid race and jim romes horse did not win the race.

Your post is above....take your own advice and move on. Your act is tired and old.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #49
Bullet Plane

My point is... California Chrome LOST the race.

He is not 3 year old of the year.

He is not horse of the year.

He is, basically, an overhyped dud.

I wasn't cheering for anybody in this race. But, when I saw Chrome coming down the stretch. I was yelling for him to get beat. Can't stand him or the poor sport connections!

He had everything his own way in this race, and still could not get it done.

Maybe he will fill out next year, and make some noise.

But this year, no way.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
California Chrome lost this race.

LOST... hello... anybody home?
Who is undefeated this year?
Hello?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #51
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:

I wasn't cheering for anybody in this race. But, when I saw Chrome coming down the stretch. I was yelling for him to get beat. Can't stand him or the poor sport connections!

But this year, no way.

yeah no noise this year the kentucky derby dont matter...... but im the asshole of the group? C'MON MAN!!!! WAKE UP....

Line up the resumes then we can talk horse of the year. Im a huge Bayern fan as well but better resume then Chrome? cmon man wake up

Last edited by Smarty Cide; 11-02-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #52
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
yeah no noise this year the kentucky derby dont matter...... but im the asshole of the group? C'MON MAN!!!! WAKE UP, HELLOOOOO? ANYBODY HOME?
It's settled Toast of New York >California Chrome.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #53
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:

But this year, no way.

i mean really we are all a little dumber here now for reading your post.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #54
Bigadam119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Who is undefeated this year?
Hello?
Why all the hate for Chrome? I don't get it it. He is good for the sport, when he races there is a buzz. Poor sport connections? Steve Coburn made a fool of himself after the Belmont. He's one part of the connections. How can you not root for Alan Sherman?

If Bayern gets to the lead at moderate fractions, the race went nobody's way but Bayern's. No horse has shown they can beat Bayern when this happens.

Chrome ran a huge race in the Classic, not enough to get it done, but I hope they race him at 4.
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #55
classhandicapper

The thing that makes it tough is that there is a difference between who accomplished more and who is better. People have different criteria for voting.

Bayern leads Chrome 2-1 in Head to Head and arguably won the race that counts the most. In his loss he had a nightmare trip and lost all chance. That's a tough advantage to overcome.

Bayern has 2 Grade 1s

Chrome has 3 Grade 1s (including the Derby and Preakness). That narrows the margin.

I wouldn't argue with anyone that thinks Bayern deserves the Eclipse, but I would argue until I'm blue in the face that CC was the better horse this year. All of Bayern's major victories were aided by some combination of bias and/or pace advantage. IMO, there's little chance he would have beaten CC yesterday if the race was anywhere other than the "SA speedway" and he hadn't taken out Moreno and Shared Belief at the start. One or both would have put some pressure on him at some point.

In my mind, Chrome has proven he's a top notch racehorse and not just an early bloomer. He's not a great horse, but I sure hope he comes back.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-02-2014 at 11:57 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #56
Rex Phinney

The problems at the start made the classic a let down that settles nothing.

Bayern is a good horse but it's hard to call a horse the best of the bunch when he is that one dimensional. He got his race on a speed favoring track.

I hope they all keep racing. Shared Belief got short changed first by injury and now with the demolition derby start. I don't think he is HOTY but I'd still bet him to beat any of these.

Was very disappointed that the top 4 yesterday finished exactly as they were. At the 3/8ths pole. The track influenced the winner more than talent.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #57
iceknight

Quote:

But this year, no way.
You are talking about other "poor sport connections (human)" and are yelling against an innocent horse? Tells a lot about you. Also, I strongly recommend you go to Equibase charts and type in Chrome and look at his record and the names that have finished behind him in multiple races in 2014. SMH.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #58
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
The problems at the start made the classic a let down that settles nothing.

Bayern is a good horse but it's hard to call a horse the best of the bunch when he is that one dimensional. He got his race on a speed favoring track.

I hope they all keep racing. Shared Belief got short changed first by injury and now with the demolition derby start. I don't think he is HOTY but I'd still bet him to beat any of these.

Was very disappointed that the top 4 yesterday finished exactly as they were. At the 3/8ths pole. The track influenced the winner more than talent.
No, Bayern did nt just get his race on a speed favoring track. He got his race on a track where his jockey prevented other speed horses from giving them any challenge. And also blocked Shared Belief by roughing him very early. The speed favoring only helped with the final time
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #59
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker7
I don't know what is wrong with your eyesight. Take a look at the replay. CC stalled for a bit coming out the turn and yielded some ground. It looked like Shared Belief was poised to go by him for third place money or even more. The CC dug in. During the entire stretch run, he was running better than anyone else on the track. He put in every bit of a gritty performance that Will Take Charge did last year, when they fawned all over it.

That set of second-tier trainers should be getting raves for the work they did on a horse coming back from a layoff. Instead of sophomoric digs.
Cali Chrome "stalled"...why?
It wasn't because anyone bothered him. If he stalled it's because he or his jock stalled themselves.
I think it's safe to say he wasn't "running better" than the two horses who held him off THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE STRETCH.
This has nothing to do with Shared Belief...I am not comparing the two runners, and this wasn't a match race.

Cali Chrome is a fine horse who has accomplished a lot this season. I take nothing away from him, but the only excuse he possibly had yesterday was that he was one race short in his preparation.
If they had gotten another prep in him I think he would have won yesterday.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #60
GarlandTex

I agree taxi... but think Main Sequence will be up at the wirw to win HOY,,,
GarlandTex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply