Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Why do you bet?
Because it's the only legalized form of wagering that I can still find an "edge" in.

But that doesn't mean that the trainers are not making it as difficult for me as they possibly can...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Because it's the only legalized form of wagering that I can still find an "edge" in.

But that doesn't mean that the trainers are not making it as difficult for me as they possibly can...
How can you have an edge if 85% of the Trainers are cheating? Do you have the list of the 85% Trainers that are cheating and when they cheat?
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
How can you have an edge if 85% of the Trainers are cheating? Do you have the list of the Trainers that are cheating and when they cheat?
You post things like these...and then you accuse people of taking "cheap shots" at you, when you get the replies that you deserve.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
You post things like these...and then you accuse people of taking "cheap shots" at you, when you get the replies that you deserve.
Please tell me how what I've written is a cheap shot? I'd love to hear the explanation.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
How can you have an edge if 85% of the Trainers are cheating? Do you have the list of the 85% Trainers that are cheating and when they cheat?
You don't have to have a list. The PPs tell the story, as do trainer stats and records of new acquisitions as well as the records of horses recently lost.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Please tell me how what I've written is a cheap shot? I'd love to hear the explanation.
No, what you wrote is not a "cheap shot".

But it's the sort of post that will lead to the kind of argument in which I will invariably make a reply that YOU will interpret as a "cheap shot".

I've seen it from you before.

That's why I win in this game Andy...

I am good at predicting the future...
Old 11-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #22
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
The game is now cleaner than ever and much more clean than baseball or football.
Do you have data?

johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #23
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Do you have data?

You can read article after article on the testing that is done and how sensitive the tests are.

Dutrow is the most scrutinized Trainer in the world right now and on the verge of losing his career but he's winning around 50% of the time. How is that possible and what would be his motive for cheating right now?

Maybe some guys are just better Trainers than others and some guys are better at placing their horses than others, and on and on.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
andymays
Veteran

And this is from 2007. How much better do you think the testing is by now?
------------------------------------

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...llision-course

Excerpt:

A Louisiana research project that shows racehorses can come into contact with drug residue just about anywhere on the backstretch has some horsemen calling for an end to “zero tolerance” drug-testing policies and creation of a national panel to examine data before inadvertent positives are called.

The study, presented by Dr. Steven Barker during the National Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association Medication Committee meeting Feb. 9 in Hot Springs, Ark., revealed small quantities of six drugs were found in samples taken from ship-in stalls, the test barn, and pools of water at Louisiana racetracks. Even dust samples were tested and trace amounts of substances were found.

Barker, the chemist for the Louisiana State Racing Commission who plans to publish his findings, said small amounts of phenylbutazone, flunixin, naproxen, caffeine, furosemide, and cotinine, a metabolite of nicotine, were discovered in samples. Flunixin, a widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, was the most prevalent, the study showed.

Some drugs were detected from just wiping the interior of stalls.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
You can read article after article on the testing that is done and how sensitive the tests are.

Dutrow is the most scrutinized Trainer in the world right now and on the verge of losing his career but he's winning around 50% of the time. How is that possible and what would be his motive for cheating right now?

Maybe some guys are just better Trainers than others and some guys are better at placing their horses than others, and on and on.
I have a slightly different opinion.

If Dutrow was indeed just better at his job than these other guys...then he wouldn't be on the verge of "losing his career".

My guess is that he is trying to get some "getaway" money...since he has nothing left to lose in this game.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #26
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
I have a slightly different opinion.

If Dutrow was indeed just better at his job than these other guys...then he wouldn't be on the verge of "losing his career".

My guess is that he is trying to get some "getaway" money...since he has nothing left to lose in this game.
Ok. This thread is becoming absurd.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
His theory is certainly plausible to me. Why is it absurd?

No matter how good testing is, those looking to cheat are always at least a step ahead in all sports.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
His theory is certainly plausible to me. Why is it absurd?
I'm out on this one CJ. Have fun.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Is this a "cheap shot"?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #30
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
You can read article after article on the testing that is done and how sensitive the tests are. ...
I'm reasonably familiar with this subject. I was trying to poke you a little with some fun and slow down the barrage of escalating hostility over something that nobody was going to "win" the argument over.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply