Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 07:28 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Yes. Announcement came after Chris Griffin was named for Aqueduct winter and Monmouth summer meets.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...ack-announcer/

Griffin is "hanging around" doing paddock stuff, etc. for a little bit before he starts his Aqueduct gig.
Thanks, Tom.
I didn't realize Chris was getting MTH as well!
Old 11-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #17
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Is this her first gig calling races?
Old 11-15-2022, 08:21 PM   #18
jimmyb

I remember when she got started at Suffolk. Stumbled and stammered her way way through. I mentioned it and got the same "she's new, give her time", even way back then. Some even called me classless for speaking the truth.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:01 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I remember when she got started at Suffolk. Stumbled and stammered her way way through. I mentioned it and got the same "she's new, give her time", even way back then. Some even called me classless for speaking the truth.

I never heard of her, I thought this was her first gig.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:34 PM   #20
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
She did pre-race analysis at Suffolk. There are others in the broadcast end of the business that I feel have no business throwing picks out to the viewing audience. One at TVG is terrific at talking but is a terrible handicapper. Another on air personality that does a national broadcast is tremendous at pre and post race interviews, but has no business throwing out picks to the viewing audience.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:36 PM   #21
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Sounds like Angela Herman Mark II
Old 11-15-2022, 09:42 PM   #22
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

That was tough to listen to. And I watched the first race and the last to see if she got better and she didn’t improve much.

I’d expect her to get better as she gets more experience but it’s kinda hard not to improve with how bad she was.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:04 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
She did pre-race analysis at Suffolk. There are others in the broadcast end of the business that I feel have no business throwing picks out to the viewing audience. One at TVG is terrific at talking but is a terrible handicapper. Another on air personality that does a national broadcast is tremendous at pre and post race interviews, but has no business throwing out picks to the viewing audience.

Ken Rudolph, anyone? I haven't watched TVG in a dozen or so years.

The only commentators that bothered me in my time watching were Rich Perloff and Bob Baedecker. I thought Rich was a condescending jackass and Bob a tip sheet hawker. If Bob picked a winner he could not stop talking about it. If his horse lost, it was move on to the next race.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 11-15-2022 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:24 PM   #24
jimmyb

Quote:

The only commentators that bothered me in my time watching were Rich Perloff and Bob Baedecker. I thought Rich was a condescending jackass and Bob a tip sheet hawker. If Bob picked a winner he could not stop talking about it. If his horse lost, it was move on to the next race.
Bingo!!!
Old 11-15-2022, 11:08 PM   #25
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Thanks, Tom.
I didn't realize Chris was getting MTH as well!
That's awesome, Chris is really good.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:19 PM   #26
BarchCapper

Quote:
As mentioned elsewhere, she did a little at Suffolk Downs. She split the 2021 quarterhorse season at Sam Houston with a couple of others, then filled in for Nick Tammaro for a few nights when his dad died this past Thoroughbred season.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:38 PM   #27
mostpost

Quote:

Ken Rudolph was my immediate guess also. I don’t know if he has ever picked a winner and usually they aren’t even close.

I like Rich Perloff. He relates well with the audience, explains his picks and frequently hosts solo and does a good job.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:55 PM   #28
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Ken Rudolph was my immediate guess also. I don’t know if he has ever picked a winner and usually they aren’t even close.

I like Rich Perloff. He relates well with the audience, explains his picks and frequently hosts solo and does a good job.
Ken Rudolph picked Giacomo to win the Derby! So he has picked a winner!

Old 11-16-2022, 06:06 AM   #29
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

Old 11-16-2022, 06:37 AM   #30
lamboguy

eventually, there will be a major track in New England. i would guess that they will bring back Larry C. when that day ever comes. he already did a great job when Suffolk opened back up after a long hiatus. he followed other famous Suffolk announcers like Jim Hannon and Babe Rubenstein before Hannon.

Jess Paquette was nervous yesterday, she is also following great announcers before her. i am sure in a couple of months everyone will be happy with the good job that she will do. she just has to overcome the pressure she had on her shoulders yesterday.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: